Home > Primidone > Abnormal dreams > Primidone and Abnormal dreams
Review: could Primidone cause Abnormal dreams?
Summary: Abnormal dreams is reported only by a few people who take Primidone.
We study 2,668 people who have side effects while taking Primidone from FDA and social media. Among them, 4 have Abnormal dreams. Find out below who they are, when they have Abnormal dreams and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Primidone and have Abnormal dreams >>>
Primidone (latest outcomes from 2,788 users) has active ingredients of primidone. It is often used in essential tremor.
Abnormal dreams (latest reports from 15,230 patients) has been reported by people with quit smoking, depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, stress and anxiety.
On Nov, 28, 2014: 2,668 people reported to have side effects when taking Primidone. Among them, 4 people (0.15%) have Abnormal Dreams.
Time on Primidone when people have Abnormal dreams * :
Gender of people who have Abnormal dreams when taking Primidone * :
|Abnormal dreams||75.00%||25.00% |
Age of people who have Abnormal dreams when taking Primidone * :
|Abnormal dreams||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||33.33%||33.33% |
Severity of Abnormal dreams when taking Primidone ** :
How people recovered from Abnormal dreams ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Smoking cessation therapy (3 people, 75.00%)
- Depression (1 people, 25.00%)
- Tremor (1 people, 25.00%)
- Burning sensation (1 people, 25.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Chantix (3 people, 75.00%)
- Provigil (2 people, 50.00%)
- Plavix (2 people, 50.00%)
- Other respiratory system products (1 people, 25.00%)
- Keppra (1 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Abnormal Dreams while taking Primidone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Primidone and have Abnormal Dreams
- support group for people who take Primidone
- support group for people who have Abnormal Dreams
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Has anyone else had a doctor who found a sufficient solution, such as sleeping medication, etc. to deal with the supposedly "rare"side effect of debilitating nightmares while taking viibryd? (2 answers)
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Abnormal Dreams, and takes Viibryd)
Having debilitating nightmares on viibryd. Finding that this is a less than rare side effect. Dealing with all involved in a depressive episode is quite enough without having to also deal with this more than obnoxious side effect. Waking with panic attacks and have now developed a fear of going to ...
- How did you get your diagnosis (1 answer)
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has Pain - Joints, Banging In Ears, Fatigue, Weight Loss - Unintentional, Abnormal Dreams, Nausea, Headache - Migraine Without Aura, Salty Taste In Mouth, Depressed Level Of Consciousness, Body Spasms, and takes Levaquin)
Symptoms started with body spasms and fatigue, neck and shoulder pain, knee pain and stiffness then banging in ears within 3 weeks of taking 6 levaquin tablets given for a virus. Have been unable to work since because of the fatigue. Massive weight loss without dieting. Had a SED test last month ...
More questions for: Primidone, Abnormal dreams
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Narcolepsy, Prinzmetal's Angina , Antiphospholipid Syndrome, High Blood Pressure, Obsessive-compulsive Personality Disorder, Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome, Migraine With Aura, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Bipolar I Disorder, and takes Benadryl, Baclofen, Plaquenil, Nitro-bid, Maxalt-mlt, Imitrex, Zofran Odt, Ms Contin, Clonidine, Amlodipine Besylate, Novolog Flexpen, Levemir Flexpen, Halcion, Valium, Primidone, Neurontin, Trileptal)
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Strange dreams while sucking on a 2mg nicotine polacrilex lozenge
(Posted by a 74 year old man who has Abnormal Dreams, and takes Nicotine Polacrilex)
I had a dream in which I was aware of everything that was happening in the room around me, but purely auditory, I could hear the tv sound plainly but everything visual was very blurred.
I tried to stand and was unable to balance myself. When I forced myself to my feet, I tried to call for help ...
More reviews for: Primidone, Abnormal dreams
- A study of side effects of Effexor for a patient with Depression. The patient has Sweating - Excessive (abnormally increased sweating), Slow Heart Beat, Bruising Easily And Large Bruises, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (feeling of tiredness), Short-term Memory Loss, Abnormal Dreams, Visual Impairment, Weight Gain - Unintentional, Headache - Tension (head pain due to tension), Pain, Achilles Tendonitis (sharp pain anywhere along the back of the tendon), Pain - Ankle, Knee Pain, Pain - Hip, Low Back Pain, Crepitations (noises are produced by the rubbing of parts one against the other), Joint Stiffness
Comments: Always had some low back pain and hip click on right side without pain, worsened with Effexor in past few months. Only on right side with knee pain now and crepitus in knee. Thigh pain in right side to knee and now radiating to right ankle (inner) and Achilles. Fatigue worsened and lack motivation ...
- A study of side effects of Primidone for a patient with Tremor - Essential. The patient has Tremor - Essential (a neurological disorder whose most recognizable feature is a tremor of the arms or hands during voluntary movements such as eating), Restless Legs Syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs)
Comments: 2007.Roprinirole for restless leg syndrome. Propranolol for Periodic Limb Movement. 2013. Essential Tremor - incease Propranolol from 40 mg/day to 80 mg/day. Effective to summer 2014. RX Primidone 50 mg/day. Very effective 21 days. Nightmares after 14 days. Today, day 21, hysterical weeping reacti ...
- A study of drug interactions between Tegretol, Mysoline for a patient with Epilepsy. The patient has Mandated To Goto The Hospital, Where They Ask Are You Able To Breathe?? Yes, Swelling& Redness In Face, Ears, Neck & Chest - Hot To Touch
Comments: Tegretol ... 200 mg ... twice daily ... 10+ years ... very effective
Singulair ... 1x day ... very effective
Predisone - only when skin flares up where it looks like I am sunburned ... and swell from ear to ear, face, neck, and chest - very hot to the touch
- A study of drug interactions between Neurontin, Tranxene Sd, Mysoline for a patient with Neuropathy Peripheral, Anxiety Disorder, Epilepsy. The patient has
Comments: I am also on IVIG for the CIDP neuropathy. I do not know if these drugs can cause neuropathy but I need to find out. I have been on IVIG for 15 years now. Currently, gamagard 50 g in 10% solution. I know that these drugs can cause the very thing they are supposed to treat.
- A study of drug interactions between Tamsulosin, Ranitidine, Vitamin D, Lisinopril, Simvastatin, Primidone for a patient with Urine Flow Decreased, Acid Reflux, Aat Deficiency, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol, Seizures. The patient has Anxiety Disorder, Sleep Talking, Insomnia, Slow Speech, Hyperactivity, Delusion, Confusion
Comments: patient has moderate mental retardation.was depressed.antidepressant thru him into severe mania and bi polar disorder.off antidressant for 3 months.mania is subsiding. all symptoms listed above are resent in last 4-5 months. had urinary tract infection.treated with antibotics.has resolved.
More related studies for: Primidone, Abnormal dreams
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.