Review: could Pristiq cause Anorgasmia (Orgasmic dysfunction)?
Summary: Anorgasmia is found among people who take Pristiq, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Ambien, and have Depression.
We study 13,767 people who have side effects while taking Pristiq from FDA and social media. Among them, 46 have Anorgasmia. Find out below who they are, when they have Anorgasmia and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Pristiq and have Anorgasmia >>>
Pristiq has active ingredients of desvenlafaxine succinate. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 15,603 Pristiq users)
Anorgasmia (type of sexual dysfunction in which a person cannot achieve orgasm, even with adequate stimulation) has been reported by people with depression, erection problems, stress and anxiety, high blood pressure, neuralgia. (latest reports from 1,553 Anorgasmia patients)
On Mar, 6, 2015: 13,761 people reported to have side effects when taking Pristiq. Among them, 45 people (0.33%) have Anorgasmia.
Time on Pristiq when people have Anorgasmia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Anorgasmia when taking Pristiq * :
Severity of Anorgasmia when taking Pristiq ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Anorgasmia ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (42 people, 93.33%)
- Anxiety (12 people, 26.67%)
- Major depression (8 people, 17.78%)
- Hypertension (6 people, 13.33%)
- Eye infection (4 people, 8.89%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ambien (7 people, 15.56%)
- Klonopin (5 people, 11.11%)
- Lamictal (5 people, 11.11%)
- Nexium (5 people, 11.11%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (5 people, 11.11%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of pristiq and anorgasmia on
Do you have Anorgasmia while taking Pristiq?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Pristiq and have Anorgasmia
- support group for people who take Pristiq
- support group for people who have Anorgasmia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Pristiq for a 27-year old woman with Depression. The patient has Anorgasmia (type of sexual dysfunction in which a person cannot achieve orgasm, even with adequate stimulation)
- A study of side effects of Pristiq for a 33-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement), Sleepy, Irritability, Mania Aggravated (a state of abnormally elevated or irritable mood)
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Nicorette, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Adderall 10, Adderall Xr 25, Crestor, Pristiq for a 59-year old woman with Upper Respiratory Tract Infection, Stop Smoking, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled, Attention Deficit Disorder With Hyperactivity, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Depression. The patient has Pain - Tooth Or Teeth
- A study of side effects of Lamictal for a 51-year old woman with Absence Seizure. The patient has Anorgasmia (type of sexual dysfunction in which a person cannot achieve orgasm, even with adequate stimulation)
- A study of side effects of Pristiq for a 55-year old man with Depression. The patient has Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement), Anxiety, Insomnia (sleeplessness)
Recent Pristiq related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Norco, Tramadol, Pristiq for a 56-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Pristiq, Lexapro for a 58-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Viibryd, Parnate, Pristiq for a 56-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Lexapro, Zoloft, Paxil, Pristiq, Buspar for a 36-year old woman who has Stress And Anxiety
- Comparions of Zoloft, Pristiq for a 36-year old woman who has Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.