Pristiq and Anorgasmia - from FDA reports
Anorgasmia is found among people who take Pristiq, especially for people who are 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Clonazepam, and have High blood cholesterol. This review analyzes which people have Anorgasmia with Pristiq. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 15,653 people who have side effects when taking Pristiq from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 21, 2017
15,653 people reported to have side effects when taking Pristiq.
Among them, 45 people (0.29%) have Anorgasmia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Pristiq when people have Anorgasmia *:
- < 1 month: 37.5 %
- 1 - 6 months: 25.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 25.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 12.5 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Anorgasmia when taking Pristiq *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 15.62 %
- 30-39: 15.62 %
- 40-49: 21.88 %
- 50-59: 34.38 %
- 60+: 12.5 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Cholesterol (3 people, 6.67%)
- Sleep Disorder (2 people, 4.44%)
- High Blood Pressure (2 people, 4.44%)
- Preventive Health Care (1 person, 2.22%)
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (1 person, 2.22%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Simvastatin (4 people, 8.89%)
- Klonopin (4 people, 8.89%)
- Clonazepam (4 people, 8.89%)
- Synthroid (3 people, 6.67%)
- Lamictal (3 people, 6.67%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Loss Of Libido (6 people, 13.33%)
- Headache (6 people, 13.33%)
- Ejaculation Failure (6 people, 13.33%)
- Feeling Abnormal (5 people, 11.11%)
- Dizziness (5 people, 11.11%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Anorgasmia when taking Pristiq?
Pristiq has active ingredients of desvenlafaxine succinate. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Pristiq 18,816 users)
Anorgasmia (type of sexual dysfunction in which a person cannot achieve orgasm, even with adequate stimulation) has been reported by people with depression, erection problems, stress and anxiety, major depression, hair loss (latest reports from 2,170 Anorgasmia patients).