Home > Pristiq > Hypertension > Pristiq and Hypertension
Review: could Pristiq cause Hypertension (High blood pressure)?
We study 13,737 people who have side effects while taking Pristiq from FDA and social media. Among them, 630 have Hypertension. Find out below who they are, when they have Hypertension and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Pristiq and have Hypertension >>>
Pristiq (latest outcomes from 15,552 users) has active ingredients of desvenlafaxine succinate. It is often used in depression.
Hypertension (high blood pressure) (latest reports from 1,163,649 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, pain.
On Sep, 13, 2014: 13,725 people reported to have side effects when taking Pristiq. Among them, 630 people (4.59%) have Hypertension.
Time on Pristiq when people have Hypertension * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Hypertension when taking Pristiq * :
Severity of Hypertension when taking Pristiq ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Hypertension ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (523 people, 83.02%)
- Anxiety (139 people, 22.06%)
- Hypertension (102 people, 16.19%)
- Major depression (68 people, 10.79%)
- Sleep disorder (41 people, 6.51%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Xanax (82 people, 13.02%)
- Lisinopril (82 people, 13.02%)
- Lipitor (50 people, 7.94%)
- Ambien (48 people, 7.62%)
- Seroquel (40 people, 6.35%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hypertension while taking Pristiq?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Pristiq and have Hypertension
- group for people who take Pristiq
- group for people who have Hypertension
Comments from related studies:
From this study (8 months ago):
I am a 51 year old female, I have had asthma my whole life, a diagnosis of COPD was made 7 years ago, I have an ideopathic allergy that causes anaphylaxis, which I have been hospitalized for many times over the last 8 years . I am supposed to be followed for Lupus however I do not have nedical coverage .
From this study (2 years ago):
GFR test score of 55
Blood pressure 139/76
From this study (4 years ago):
D Ayers on Apr, 16, 2010:
The headache began within hours of taking the Bactrim. Not sure if the interaction of the Pristiq and Bactrim are related but four days were spent in the hospital with no specific diagnosis. General practitioner referred patient to neurologist.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Pristiq, Hypertension
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Higher than a kite, and dumber than one of those saying i can no longer remember!
I told my shrink I didn't want to try anymore antidepressants... that they make me crazy-stupid(pristiq), crazy-nympho(wellbutrin), or crazy-sloth(lexapro). I have complex ptsd, did, and gad. I really don't want to take anything... I just want to work out, eat right, and try to put myself back on tr ...
- Losartan cause deep vein thrombosis
have had two knee surgeries ,a lumbar decompression, after this three surgeries start taken Losartan potassium and two months later have had a lumbar fusion after this I suffered a Deep Vein Thrombosis, continues taken Losartan for more of year and half, I notice is a bad combination when my ...
- Pristiq, epilim, sifrol, immovane, valium, mobic
I started out with mild burnout depression in 2009 and was put on a low dose of Lexapro, which picked me up fantastically. I had been given low (2mg) Valium before for muscle relaxant purposes due to my scoliosis complications. Both these worked well. Then in 2010 I was drugged and raped and almo ...
More reviews for: Pristiq, Hypertension
On eHealthMe, Pristiq (desvenlafaxine succinate) is often used for depression. Find out below the conditions Pristiq is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Pristiq used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Pravastatin Sodium for a 46-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides (58 minutes ago)
- Cryselle, Sertraline for a 19-year old girl who has Birth Control, Panic Attacks (58 minutes ago)
- Probiotic, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Magnesium Sulfate, B-12, Potassium Gluconate, Calcium, Zinc Sulfate, Fish Oil, Singulair, Wellbutrin, Adderall, Biotin, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 67-year old woman who has Digestion, Sleep Aid, Energy, Osteoporosis, Hair Loss, Heart, Asthma, Depression, HDD , Artery Blockage (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Tikosyn side effects
- Tecfidera and Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs
- Aggression and Lithium Carbonate
- Cephalexin and Xarelto
- Tarceva and Blood Bilirubin Increased
Recent user comments
- "I just wanted to know if ABX therapy with these drugs ... " (1 hour ago)
- "I just started taking Atorvastatin 2 months ago and h ... " (1 hour ago)
- "Went for a blood test on Aug. 2013 and the platlet co ... " (4 hours ago)
- Phlebitis Superficial
- Bed Wetting
- Blood Alkaline Phosphatase Increased