Review: could Pristiq cause Hypertension (High blood pressure)?
Summary: Hypertension is found among people who take Pristiq, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Xanax, and have Depression.
We study 13,767 people who have side effects while taking Pristiq from FDA and social media. Among them, 628 have Hypertension. Find out below who they are, when they have Hypertension and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Pristiq and have Hypertension >>>
Pristiq has active ingredients of desvenlafaxine succinate. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 15,603 Pristiq users)
Hypertension (high blood pressure) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, pain. (latest reports from 352,051 Hypertension patients)
On Mar, 3, 2015: 13,761 people reported to have side effects when taking Pristiq. Among them, 628 people (4.56%) have Hypertension.
Time on Pristiq when people have Hypertension * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Hypertension when taking Pristiq * :
Severity of Hypertension when taking Pristiq ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Hypertension ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (521 people, 82.96%)
- Anxiety (139 people, 22.13%)
- Hypertension (102 people, 16.24%)
- Major depression (68 people, 10.83%)
- Sleep disorder (41 people, 6.53%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Xanax (82 people, 13.06%)
- Lisinopril (82 people, 13.06%)
- Lipitor (50 people, 7.96%)
- Ambien (48 people, 7.64%)
- Seroquel (40 people, 6.37%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of pristiq and hypertension on
Do you have Hypertension while taking Pristiq?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Pristiq and have Hypertension
- support group for people who take Pristiq
- support group for people who have Hypertension
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Qsymia, Fetzima for a 46-year old man with Weight Loss, Depression. The patient has Tremor, Confusion, Dialated Pupils, Diaphoresis, Palpation, Insomnia, Hypertension
- A study of drug interactions between Azithromycin, Methylprednisolone for a 52-year old woman with Upper Respiratory Tract Infection, Upper Respiratory Tract Inflammation. The patient has High Blood Pressure, Back Pain - Low, Diarrhea Associated With Medications, Insomnia, Headache - Migraine Without Aura
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Doxylamine Succinate, Zoloft for a 49-year old woman with Nerve Pain, Insomnia, Depression. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Nexium, Exforge Hct for a 49-year old man with GERD, Hbp. The patient has Gerd, Hbp
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Nicorette, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Adderall 10, Adderall Xr 25, Crestor, Pristiq for a 59-year old woman with Upper Respiratory Tract Infection, Stop Smoking, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled, Attention Deficit Disorder With Hyperactivity, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Depression. The patient has Pain - Tooth Or Teeth
Recent Pristiq related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Norco, Tramadol, Pristiq for a 56-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Pristiq, Lexapro for a 58-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Viibryd, Parnate, Pristiq for a 56-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Lexapro, Zoloft, Paxil, Pristiq, Buspar for a 36-year old woman who has Stress And Anxiety
- Comparions of Zoloft, Pristiq for a 36-year old woman who has Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.