Review: could Pristiq cause Nausea and vomiting?
Summary: Nausea and vomiting is found among people who take Pristiq, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Xanax, and have Depression.
We study 13,767 people who have side effects while taking Pristiq from FDA and social media. Among them, 389 have Nausea and vomiting. Find out below who they are, when they have Nausea and vomiting and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Pristiq and have Nausea and vomiting >>>
Pristiq has active ingredients of desvenlafaxine succinate. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 15,603 Pristiq users)
Nausea and vomiting
Nausea and vomiting has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, type 2 diabetes, depression, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 142,488 Nausea and vomiting patients)
On Mar, 31, 2015: 13,767 people reported to have side effects when taking Pristiq. Among them, 389 people (2.83%) have Nausea And Vomiting.
Time on Pristiq when people have Nausea and vomiting * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Nausea and vomiting||57.04%||28.15%||5.93%||7.41%||0.74%||0.00%||0.74% |
Age of people who have Nausea and vomiting when taking Pristiq * :
|Nausea and vomiting||0.82%||0.00%||1.92%||10.44%||23.08%||25.82%||21.43%||16.48% |
Severity of Nausea and vomiting when taking Pristiq ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Nausea and vomiting||0.00%||77.78%||22.22%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Nausea and vomiting ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Nausea and vomiting||0.00%||25.00%||75.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (240 people, 61.70%)
- Anxiety (59 people, 15.17%)
- Pain (27 people, 6.94%)
- Hypertension (23 people, 5.91%)
- Sleep disorder (21 people, 5.40%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Xanax (38 people, 9.77%)
- Wellbutrin (28 people, 7.20%)
- Nexium (25 people, 6.43%)
- Simvastatin (23 people, 5.91%)
- Lisinopril (20 people, 5.14%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of pristiq and nausea and vomiting on
Do you have Nausea And Vomiting while taking Pristiq?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Pristiq and have Nausea And Vomiting
- support group for people who take Pristiq
- support group for people who have Nausea And Vomiting
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Nitrostat, Ondansetron, Oxycodone, Actemra, Nasonex, Spiriva, Victoza, Arava, Diovan Hct, Lipitor, Ranexa, Lantus Solostar, Wellbutrin Xl, Tricor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Xarelto for a 71-year old woman with Influenza B, Copd, Angina, Nausea And Vomiting, Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rhinitis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Stop Smoking, Blood Clots. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Neuropathy, Tinnitus, Loss Of Coordination, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Loss, Appetite - Decreased, Diarrhea, Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of side effects of Pristiq for a 27-year old woman with Depression. The patient has Anorgasmia (type of sexual dysfunction in which a person cannot achieve orgasm, even with adequate stimulation)
- A study of side effects of Pristiq for a 33-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement), Sleepy, Irritability, Mania Aggravated (a state of abnormally elevated or irritable mood)
- A study of drug interactions between Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Dilaudid, Albuterol, Dronabinol, Cyproheptadine Hydrochloride, Tramadol, Phenergan for a 45-year old woman with Pain - Abdomen, Gerd, Increased Appetite, Nausea, Pain, Nausea And Vomiting. The patient has Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Nicorette, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Adderall 10, Adderall Xr 25, Crestor, Pristiq for a 59-year old woman with Upper Respiratory Tract Infection, Stop Smoking, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled, Attention Deficit Disorder With Hyperactivity, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Depression. The patient has Pain - Tooth Or Teeth
Recent Pristiq related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Garcinia Cambogia, Pristiq, Topamax, Adderall 30, Methadone Hydrochloride for a 37-year old woman who has Addiction
- Comparions of Norco, Tramadol, Pristiq for a 56-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Pristiq, Lexapro for a 58-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Viibryd, Parnate, Pristiq for a 56-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Lexapro, Zoloft, Paxil, Pristiq, Buspar for a 36-year old woman who has Stress And Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.