Review: could Probiotic cause Frequent bowel movements (Diarrhea)?
Summary: Frequent bowel movements is found among people who take Probiotic, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Humira, and have Crohn's disease.
We study 664 people who have side effects while taking Probiotic from FDA and social media. Among them, 61 have Frequent bowel movements. Find out below who they are, when they have Frequent bowel movements and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Probiotic and have Frequent bowel movements >>>
Probiotic has active ingredients of bacillus coagulans. It is often used in irritable bowel syndrome. (latest outcomes from 732 Probiotic users)
Frequent bowel movements
Frequent bowel movements has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, depression, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 139,352 Frequent bowel movements patients)
On Mar, 6, 2015: 659 people reported to have side effects when taking Probiotic. Among them, 61 people (9.26%) have Frequent Bowel Movements.
Time on Probiotic when people have Frequent bowel movements * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Frequent bowel movements||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Frequent bowel movements when taking Probiotic * :
|Frequent bowel movements||0.00%||0.00%||3.39%||5.08%||13.56%||11.86%||22.03%||44.07% |
Severity of Frequent bowel movements when taking Probiotic ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Frequent bowel movements||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Frequent bowel movements ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Frequent bowel movements||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Crohn's disease (17 people, 27.87%)
- Depression (9 people, 14.75%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (7 people, 11.48%)
- Diarrhoea (6 people, 9.84%)
- Multiple myeloma (5 people, 8.20%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Humira (21 people, 34.43%)
- Aspirin (12 people, 19.67%)
- Multi-vitamin (11 people, 18.03%)
- Vitamin d (10 people, 16.39%)
- Imodium (8 people, 13.11%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Frequent Bowel Movements while taking Probiotic?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Probiotic and have Frequent Bowel Movements
- support group for people who take Probiotic
- support group for people who have Frequent Bowel Movements
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Cellcept for a 21-year old woman with Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura. The patient has Chills (felling of cold), Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Sweating - Excessive (abnormally increased sweating), Fever, Sleepiness (excess sleeping), Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (feeling of tiredness), Diarrhoea, Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)
- A study of side effects of Magnesium for a 59-year old woman with Hypomagnesemia. The patient has Diarrhea
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Proair Hfa, Ginger Root, Simvastatin, Probiotic, Flomax, Humulin R, Atenolol, Rocephin, Doxycycline Hyclate for a 57-year old man with Hypertension, Chronic Bronchitis, Health, High Blood Cholesterol, General Physical Health Deterioration, Cancer - Prostate, Type 2 Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Respiratory Tract Congestion, Infection - Ear. The patient has Low Blood Sugar
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Victoza for a 35-year old woman with Diabetes. The patient has Dizziness, Nausea, Heart Palpitations, Breathing Difficulty, Chills, Diarrhea, Fatigue
- A study of side effects of Topamax for a 53-year old woman with Migraine. The patient has Diarrhea
Recent Probiotic related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.