Review: could Probiotic cause Frequent bowel movements (Diarrhea)?
Summary: Frequent bowel movements is found among people who take Probiotic, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Humira, and have Crohn's disease.
We study 654 people who have side effects while taking Probiotic from FDA and social media. Among them, 61 have Frequent bowel movements. Find out below who they are, when they have Frequent bowel movements and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Probiotic and have Frequent bowel movements >>>
Probiotic has active ingredients of bacillus coagulans. It is often used in irritable bowel syndrome. (latest outcomes from Probiotic 722 users)
Frequent bowel movements
Frequent bowel movements has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, depression.(latest reports from Frequent bowel movements 139,164 patients)
On Dec, 1, 2014: 654 people reported to have side effects when taking Probiotic. Among them, 61 people (9.33%) have Frequent Bowel Movements.
Time on Probiotic when people have Frequent bowel movements * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Frequent bowel movements||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Frequent bowel movements when taking Probiotic * :
|Frequent bowel movements||0.00%||0.00%||3.39%||5.08%||13.56%||11.86%||22.03%||44.07% |
Severity of Frequent bowel movements when taking Probiotic ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Frequent bowel movements||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Frequent bowel movements ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Frequent bowel movements||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Crohn's disease (17 people, 27.87%)
- Depression (9 people, 14.75%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (7 people, 11.48%)
- Diarrhoea (6 people, 9.84%)
- Multiple myeloma (5 people, 8.20%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Humira (21 people, 34.43%)
- Aspirin (12 people, 19.67%)
- Multi-vitamin (11 people, 18.03%)
- Vitamin d (10 people, 16.39%)
- Imodium (8 people, 13.11%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Frequent Bowel Movements while taking Probiotic?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Probiotic and have Frequent Bowel Movements
- support group for people who take Probiotic
- support group for people who have Frequent Bowel Movements
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Probiotic, Frequent bowel movements
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Isoniazid: the downside continued
I also have extreme fatigue. I can sleep 8 hours and then take a 4 hour nap. I have dizziness which seems to be increasing in the last few weeks. I have nausea on and off. I have diarrhea in the morning 45 minutes after taking it. Then I am mostly constipated for the rest of the day. It seems like my hair is thinning. My skin is drying out or becoming considerably less elastic.
- Gemfibrozil, depression and sleepiness
I would like to hear from anyone who has had these symptoms, and how they dealt with it, by either lowering dosage or quitting the med, or other. Also would like to hear from others who continued to drink moderately and if this drug lowered their triglycerides...or those who were no longer able to stomach alcohol and had to quit....or had other reactions to gemfibrozil and alcohol use. My depression is becoming severe. I have life changes as well, so I can't figure if it is the drug. Had to take it as my triglycerides were over 900. They are now down to 250. Thanks
More reviews for: Probiotic, Frequent bowel movements
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- There is a pain in my neck as well as a pain under my jaw no swelling i only feel it when i touch a small aarea.there is pain in my muscles and around my left breast area only when touching or laying on my stomach each symtom lasted two days then switched to a new symptom it's been onne week since i ...
- I have been on various SSRI drugs over the years of suffering Bipolar2. Recently I was prescribed Paxil and within 3 weeks was suffering chronic diarrhea after a very sudden onset. I carried on suffering and then decided to come off of the Paxil. I do not have insurance and have weened myself off of ...
- Have taken Synthroid for over 25 years, but my current medical insurance will only approve the generic, and I can no longer afford to pay for Synthroid, so I decided to try the generic Levothyroxine. Since I have been using it, I have severe diarrhea.
- I was supposed to start my period a week
Ago. I've been taking this pill for about 2 and a half weeks and im usually only a few days late every time. I think it's the pill. I have not had any unprotected sex.
- Onset of nausea and diarrhea this past Friday slept most of Friday thru Sunday. Went to work on Monday with continuation of symptoms then started with chills. Sent home with fever low grade 99.6 . Stayed home Tuesday &Wednesday and have done nothing but sleep no fever since Monday all symptoms conti ...
More related studies for: Probiotic, Frequent bowel movements
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.