Review: could Probiotics cause Headache?
(By eHealthMe on Feb, 26, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.2/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 122 people who take Probiotics. Among them, 5 have Headache. See who they are, when they have Headache and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Probiotics (latest outcomes from 186 users) has active ingredients of saccharomyces boulardii. It is often used in irritable bowel syndrome, indigestion. Commonly reported side effects of Probiotics include nausea and vomiting, fatigue, insomnia, fatigue aggravated, headache.
Headache (pain in head) (latest reports from 1,169,240 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis.
On Feb, 26, 2014: 114 people reported to have side effects when taking Probiotics. Among them, 5 people (4.39%) have Headache.
Time on Probiotics when people have Headache * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Headache when taking Probiotics * :
Age of people who have Headache when taking Probiotics * :
Severity of Headache when taking Probiotics ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Headache ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (1 people, 20.00%)
- Muscle spasms (1 people, 20.00%)
- Laparoscopic hysterectomy (1 people, 20.00%)
- Insomnia (1 people, 20.00%)
- Anxiety (1 people, 20.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Multivitamin (3 people, 60.00%)
- Synthroid (2 people, 40.00%)
- Fish oil (1 people, 20.00%)
- Calcium d - glucarate (1 people, 20.00%)
- Wellbutrin xl (1 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Probiotics, Headache
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Probiotics (saccharomyces boulardii) is often used for irritable bowel syndrome. Find out below the conditions Probiotics is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Probiotics used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Probiotics side effects from A to Z:
Browse Probiotics drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 months ago):
Difficulty refocusing when changing from near to far, and far to near objects.
From this study (3 months ago):
I was diagnosed with Herpes Type 2 many years ago, but VERY rarely have an outbreak. Recently, I have had lesions just on the left side of my body, from my lip to my genitals, as well as a very red eye...along with tingling and pain.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Probiotics, Headache
More reviews for: Probiotics, Headache
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium D - Glucarate, Multivitamin, Fish Oil, Folic Acid, Aspirin, Nexium, Probiotics, Synthroid, Crestor, Allopurinol, Micardis, Cialis for a patient with Enzyme Supplementation, Cardiovascular Disorder, Hypertension, Gerd, Sleep Issues, Thyroid Function Test Abnormal, Total Cholesterol, Gout, Erectile Dysfunction. The patient has Sleeping Difficulty (Insomnia), Frequent Headaches (Headache), Blue Vision
- A study of drug interactions between Nabumetone, Probiotics, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Oxycodone, Xanax, Estradiol, Soma, Wellbutrin Xl, Zoloft for a patient with Chronic Pain, Nausea In The Morning - Females, Insomnia, Anxiety, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, Muscle Spasms, Depression. The patient has Acne, Eye Redness, Headache, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension (Stress and anxiety), Herpes Virus Infection, Chronic Pain, Depression
More related studies for: Probiotics, Headache
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.