Home > Progesterone > Drowsiness > Progesterone and Drowsiness
Review: could Progesterone cause Drowsiness?
Summary: Drowsiness is found among people who take Progesterone, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Ascorbic acid, and have Depression.
We study 4,295 people who have side effects while taking Progesterone from FDA and social media. Among them, 60 have Drowsiness. Find out below who they are, when they have Drowsiness and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Progesterone and have Drowsiness >>>
Progesterone (latest outcomes from 4,476 users) has active ingredients of progesterone. It is often used in menopausal symptoms.
Drowsiness (latest reports from 494,637 patients) has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 4,289 people reported to have side effects when taking Progesterone. Among them, 60 people (1.40%) have Drowsiness.
Time on Progesterone when people have Drowsiness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Drowsiness when taking Progesterone * :
Severity of Drowsiness when taking Progesterone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Drowsiness ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (11 people, 18.33%)
- Back pain (9 people, 15.00%)
- Pain (8 people, 13.33%)
- Anxiety (8 people, 13.33%)
- Hot flush (6 people, 10.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ascorbic acid (9 people, 15.00%)
- Estradiol (9 people, 15.00%)
- Aspirin (9 people, 15.00%)
- Vitamin d (9 people, 15.00%)
- Ibuprofen (9 people, 15.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Drowsiness while taking Progesterone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Progesterone and have Drowsiness
- support group for people who take Progesterone
- support group for people who have Drowsiness
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can meclizine cause insomnia once and sleepiness the next time
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has Somnolence, Insomnia, and takes Meclizine)
I took Meclizine one night (as advised by pharmacist; she said it causes drowsiness), after experiencing my first attack of vertigo. It kept me awake almost all night. A couple weeks later, as I was getting ready for a special school event for my daughter, I thought another vertigo attack was coming ...
- Has anyone ever been given progesterone while trying to taper off clonzepam?
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Nervous And Crying Spells, and takes Progesterone)
I was told that progesterone would help me in tapering off of some clonazepam but not entirely. I have tapered off one milligram; took me 8 months. I went very slowly - 1/8 a month; recommended by my psychiatrist. The progesterone is biodentical prescribed by another doctor. I have 3 more millig ...
- Can long term use of vicodin cause hallucinations?
(Asked by a 88 year old woman who has Shortness Of Breath, Confusion, Sleepy, and takes Vicodin)
My 87 yr Mom has taken copious amts of Vicodin for 25+ yrs for arthritis & surgery pain management. Recently, Mom said the "carpet bubbles up 3-4 ft & trips her". Are hallucinations like this a sign of serious drug abuse? Is Mom's life in danger of drug overdose?
- Can fever be caused by parkinson's disease
(Asked by a 62 year old man who has Sleepiness - During The Day, Shaking Hands, Feeling Of Being Pulled Backwords, Feelings Of Worthlessness, Hand Grasping , Hand Tremor, Extremely Short Term Memory Loss, Slow Thought Expression, Intermittent Low Grade Fever, and takes Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Lasix, Eplerenone)
I have had 2 attacks which included: Intermittent Low Grade Fever, Hand Tremor, Hand Grasping , and Feelings Of Worthlessness. I have osteopenia and chronic liver cirrhosis.
- Does lasix cause sleepiness
(Asked by a 89 year old man who has Sleepy, and takes Lasix)
sleeps all the time up for short time and then needs to sleep again
More questions for: Progesterone, Drowsiness
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Yaz was the cause of increasing my pmdd, pms, irritability and depression symptoms
(Posted by a 46 year old woman who has Depression, Depressive Symptom, Irritability, PMS, PMDD, and takes Prometrium, Ortho-novum 7/7/7-28, Yaz)
I had taken Ortho Novum 777 from the age of 18 to 28 stopping in-between pregnancies. I had 3 children between the ages of 21 and 29.
In my early 30's I decided to stop taking birth control pills simply because I 'thought' it would be a healthier thing to do for my body. I did know that unless I ...
- Long-term use of risperidone and antidepressants
(Posted by a 35 year old woman who has Progesterone Decreased, Adrenal Insufficiency, Bipolar 2, and takes Progesterone, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Risperdal)
I have been using Risperdal and antidepressants for 14 years for bipolar disorder. Last month I was diagnosed with adrenal insufficiency and progesterone deficiency. My cholesterol suddenly became high, I was tired all the time and more symptoms relating to my eventual diagnosis of adrenal insuffic ...
- Gabapentin made me comatose
(Posted by a 69 year old woman who has Somnolence, and takes Neurontin, Gabapentin)
I took Neurontin, and then its generic, Neurontin, for about five years. It was prescribed for chronic pain. I found it ineffective, but kept being told it was a good drug, quite benign, and was probably benefiting me more than I realized. I did NOT realize that toward the end of the five-year pe ...
- Profolol side effects-will not use again
(Posted by a 70 year old woman who has Unable To Walk Without Holding Onto Walls, Sleepy, Lightheadedness - Dizzy, Disoriented)
It is slightly more than 24 hours since profolol alone was given to me for a colonoscopy and endoscopy. I woke up quickly but very sleepy and tired. Forced to get in wheelchair and leave asap. Slept when I got home all night. The next day was very disoriented, lightheaded when I sat up or got up and ...
- Gemfibrozil, depression and sleepiness
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Depression, Sleepiness - During The Day, Drowsiness, Diarrhoea, Alcohol Use, and takes Gemfibrozil)
I would like to hear from anyone who has had these symptoms, and how they dealt with it, by either lowering dosage or quitting the med, or other. Also would like to hear from others who continued to drink moderately and if this drug lowered their triglycerides...or those who were no longer able to ...
More reviews for: Progesterone, Drowsiness
- A study of drug interactions between Clonazepam, Excedrin for a patient with Anxiety, Multiple Sclerosis. The patient has Drowsiness
Comments: I stopped taking Excedrin when I was prescribed the Clonazepam, so I am not sure if all the re-newed body aches are from no longer taking the Excedrin, or from side effects of the Clonazepam.
The doctor wants me to stop the Clonazepam, and instead, start an anti-depressant, because I do not slee ...
- A study of drug interactions between CoQ10, CoQ10, Fish Oil, B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin B12 for a patient with Fatigue, Irregular Heartbeat, High Blood Cholesterol, Fatigue - Chronic. The patient has Sleeplessness, Sleep, Forgetfulness
Comments: Having taken CoQ10 (100mg), fish oil (1200mg; containing 360mg Omega-3) and Super B Complex (Nature Made, 460 tablets per bottle) daily, plus D3 (1000 IU) twice a week, for the past 70 days, I have been able to reduce my irregular heartbeat and day-time fatigue syndrome to almost nil, very effective ...
- A study of drug interactions between Diovan, Atenolol, Norvasc for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Dizziness Postural, Confusion, Somnolence
Comments: When taking this combination of Rx, I experience periodic episodes of the symptoms described above; Episodes may occur once-twice per week, or once every couple of weeks. There does not seem to be a trigger. They occur simultaneously, rendering me non-functional for an extended period of time. The ...
- A study of drug interactions between Effexor Xr, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a patient with Depression Suicidal, Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition. The patient has Alcoholism, Impulsive Behaviour, Somnolence, Constipation, Dry Mouth
Comments: I am so happy to have gotten off of effexor aka venlafaxine. I was prescribed after a suicide attempt. I did not know any better and did not do my research. It really really helped with any social anxiety that I had, I lost some extra weight, and the running narrative of "you just really need to die ...
- A study of side effects of Prometrium - 100MG for a patient with Menopause. The patient has Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Comments: My doctor prescribed Prometrium 200 mg among other hormones for menopause relief. She originally prescribed for me to take it 14 days each month. Since I felt so much better on the days that I was taking the Prometrium, she told me that I could try taking it every night. I seemed to be fine, but af ...
More related studies for: Progesterone, Drowsiness
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Jantoven and Urinary Incontinence
- Nadolol and Lisinopril
- Hair Loss and Effexor
- Osteoporosis and Symbicort
- What would be alternative for oxycontin 10 mg tablets?
Urine retention , I wake up with chronic pain in my lower ... (3 hours ago)
- What medication can i add to viibryd
Answer: You posted almost a year ago but I would suggest you ask y ... (15 hours ago)
- Can implanon cause breast cysts and could they be cancerous?
Answer: Very interesting that this pertinent question is not being ... (17 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Tingling feet and hands
I have used flagyl 3 times and after stopping the use of t ... (2 hours ago)
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (2 days ago)
- Jaw pain with avastin
My sister is currently taking Avastin and after each treat ... (2 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Monistat 3 for a 38-year old woman who has Yeast Infection - Vagina (16 minutes ago)
- Namenda for a 38-year old woman who has Bipolar Disorder (40 minutes ago)
- Savella, Synthroid, Ethiodol, Percocet, Vistaril, Klonopin, Flexeril, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 44-year old woman who has Fibromyoma, Post Procedural Hypothyroidism, Post Hyterecetomy, Pain, Itching, Fibromyalgia (2 hours ago)