Review: could Progesterone cause Drowsiness?
Summary: Drowsiness is found among people who take Progesterone, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Ascorbic acid, and have Depression.
We study 4,299 people who have side effects while taking Progesterone from FDA and social media. Among them, 60 have Drowsiness. Find out below who they are, when they have Drowsiness and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Progesterone and have Drowsiness >>>
Progesterone has active ingredients of progesterone. It is often used in menopause. (latest outcomes from Progesterone 4,479 users)
Drowsiness has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety.(latest reports from Drowsiness 68,687 patients)
On Dec, 4, 2014: 4,295 people reported to have side effects when taking Progesterone. Among them, 60 people (1.40%) have Drowsiness.
Time on Progesterone when people have Drowsiness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Drowsiness when taking Progesterone * :
Severity of Drowsiness when taking Progesterone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Drowsiness ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (11 people, 18.33%)
- Back pain (9 people, 15.00%)
- Pain (8 people, 13.33%)
- Anxiety (8 people, 13.33%)
- Hot flush (6 people, 10.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ascorbic acid (9 people, 15.00%)
- Estradiol (9 people, 15.00%)
- Aspirin (9 people, 15.00%)
- Vitamin d (9 people, 15.00%)
- Ibuprofen (9 people, 15.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Drowsiness while taking Progesterone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Progesterone and have Drowsiness
- support group for people who take Progesterone
- support group for people who have Drowsiness
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What are the side effects of catuaba/golden trumpet? is it truly for man only? does it really help with physical and mental fatigue?
(Asked by a 48 year old man who has Physical Fatigue, Poor Memory, Sleepiness - During The Day)
On going, gradual forgetfulness for over 10 years. Concentration is moderate,but memory is very poor. Day time sleepiness is always an issue. No brain tumor, no dementia,nor any other neurological dysfunctions.
- Can meclizine cause insomnia once and sleepiness the next time
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has Somnolence, Insomnia, and takes Meclizine)
I took Meclizine one night (as advised by pharmacist; she said it causes drowsiness), after experiencing my first attack of vertigo. It kept me awake almost all night. A couple weeks later, as I was getting ready for a special school event for my daughter, I thought another vertigo attack was coming ...
- Has anyone ever been given progesterone while trying to taper off clonzepam?
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Nervous And Crying Spells, and takes Progesterone)
I was told that progesterone would help me in tapering off of some clonazepam but not entirely. I have tapered off one milligram; took me 8 months. I went very slowly - 1/8 a month; recommended by my psychiatrist. The progesterone is biodentical prescribed by another doctor. I have 3 more millig ...
- Can long term use of vicodin cause hallucinations? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 88 year old woman who has Shortness Of Breath, Confusion, Sleepy, and takes Vicodin)
My 87 yr Mom has taken copious amts of Vicodin for 25+ yrs for arthritis & surgery pain management. Recently, Mom said the "carpet bubbles up 3-4 ft & trips her". Are hallucinations like this a sign of serious drug abuse? Is Mom's life in danger of drug overdose?
- Can fever be caused by parkinson's disease (1 answer)
(Asked by a 62 year old man who has Sleepiness - During The Day, Shaking Hands, Feeling Of Being Pulled Backwords, Feelings Of Worthlessness, Hand Grasping , Hand Tremor, Extremely Short Term Memory Loss, Slow Thought Expression, Intermittent Low Grade Fever, and takes Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Lasix, Eplerenone)
I have had 2 attacks which included: Intermittent Low Grade Fever, Hand Tremor, Hand Grasping , and Feelings Of Worthlessness. I have osteopenia and chronic liver cirrhosis.
More questions for: Progesterone, Drowsiness
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Yaz was the cause of increasing my pmdd, pms, irritability and depression symptoms
(Posted by a 46 year old woman who has Depression, Depressive Symptom, Irritability, PMS, PMDD, and takes Prometrium, Ortho-novum 7/7/7-28, Yaz)
I had taken Ortho Novum 777 from the age of 18 to 28 stopping in-between pregnancies. I had 3 children between the ages of 21 and 29.
In my early 30's I decided to stop taking birth control pills simply because I 'thought' it would be a healthier thing to do for my body. I did know that unless I ...
- Long-term use of risperidone and antidepressants
(Posted by a 35 year old woman who has Progesterone Decreased, Adrenal Insufficiency, Bipolar 2, and takes Progesterone, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Risperdal)
I have been using Risperdal and antidepressants for 14 years for bipolar disorder. Last month I was diagnosed with adrenal insufficiency and progesterone deficiency. My cholesterol suddenly became high, I was tired all the time and more symptoms relating to my eventual diagnosis of adrenal insuffic ...
- Gabapentin made me comatose
(Posted by a 69 year old woman who has Somnolence, and takes Neurontin, Gabapentin)
I took Neurontin, and then its generic, Neurontin, for about five years. It was prescribed for chronic pain. I found it ineffective, but kept being told it was a good drug, quite benign, and was probably benefiting me more than I realized. I did NOT realize that toward the end of the five-year pe ...
- Profolol side effects-will not use again
(Posted by a 70 year old woman who has Unable To Walk Without Holding Onto Walls, Sleepy, Lightheadedness - Dizzy, Disoriented)
It is slightly more than 24 hours since profolol alone was given to me for a colonoscopy and endoscopy. I woke up quickly but very sleepy and tired. Forced to get in wheelchair and leave asap. Slept when I got home all night. The next day was very disoriented, lightheaded when I sat up or got up and ...
- Gemfibrozil, depression and sleepiness
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Depression, Sleepiness - During The Day, Drowsiness, Diarrhoea, Alcohol Use, and takes Gemfibrozil)
I would like to hear from anyone who has had these symptoms, and how they dealt with it, by either lowering dosage or quitting the med, or other. Also would like to hear from others who continued to drink moderately and if this drug lowered their triglycerides...or those who were no longer able to ...
More reviews for: Progesterone, Drowsiness
- A study of drug interactions between Codeine, Ibuprofen, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Temazepam, Levonorgestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol, Morphine Sulfate, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Quetiapine Fumarate, Fluoxetine, Topiramate, Ketamine Hydrochloride, Zonegran for a patient with Pain, Fatigue, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Birth Control, Neuropathic Pain, Depression. The patient has Drowsiness, Vulvovaginal Dryness, Weight Loss, Hallucinations, Mixed, Paranoia, Memory Loss, Anxiety
Comments: I have OCD but after I started Zonegram 50mg bd 3 days ago, I have noticed my anxiety getting increasingly worse and I had a severe panic attack yesterday. The Zonegram has also decreased the severe paranoia I feel with the ketamine but it has introduced some memory loss. Otherwise I feel the best I ...
- A study of drug interactions between Ativan, Adderall 20, Progesterone, Topamax for a patient with Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Narcolepsy, Birth Control, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood. The patient has Seborrhoeic Dermatitis
Comments: Had many episodes. This one is going on and on with many treatments including shampoos steroids injections and steroid lotions and steroid shampoos and it is still horrible. These episodes seems to keep happening more and more and taking over my life. I also have fibromyalgia.
- A study of drug interactions between Fish Oil, Chromium Picolinate, Progesterone, Claritin Reditabs, Armour Thyroid, Lorazepam for a patient with Short-Term Memory Loss, Exhaustion, Growth Hormone, Allergies, Hypothyroidism, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Loss Of Hair
Comments: I always had and still have very thick healthy hair.I noticed two years ago after starting on Armour thyroid and Lorazepam also I started using a natural biodentical progesterone cream that slowly I noticed my hair was thinning out in my bang area along with the temple area.
- A study of drug interactions between Progesterone, Clonazepam, Remeron, Adderall 30 for a patient with Serum Progesterone, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Add. The patient has Scurvy, Eating Disorder, Depression Suicidal, Panic Disorder With Agoraphobia, Oral Thrush
Comments: To clarify the above; my depression is the best it's been in years, but like the whacka-mole game, the decrease of depression has lead to an increase in anxiety/stress and more panic attacks than I've ever experienced in my entire life. I am NOT suicidal, however I have always experienced suicidal i ...
- A study of drug interactions between Propranolol Hydrochloride, Prochlorperazine Maleate, Sertraline for a patient with Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Dizziness (excl Vertigo), Depression. The patient has Drowsiness
Comments: Only started taking Prochlorperazine Maleate within the last month & have been experiencing severe Drowsiness which has been impacting my ability to work (Office) effectively. Suffering disorientation & vision issues (focussing).
I have a Doctors apppointment arranged for this Friday to discuss.
More related studies for: Progesterone, Drowsiness
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.