Progesterone and Dry mouth - from FDA reports
Dry mouth is found among people who take Progesterone, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Estrace, and have Depression. This review analyzes which people have Dry mouth with Progesterone. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 7,666 people who have side effects when taking Progesterone from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 23, 2017
7,666 people reported to have side effects when taking Progesterone.
Among them, 100 people (1.3%) have Dry mouth
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Progesterone when people have Dry mouth *:
- < 1 month: 66.67 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 33.33 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Dry mouth when taking Progesterone *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Dry mouth when taking Progesterone *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 5.49 %
- 40-49: 18.68 %
- 50-59: 53.85 %
- 60+: 21.98 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Depression (14 people, 14.00%)
- Osteopenia (11 people, 11.00%)
- Multiple Sclerosis (10 people, 10.00%)
- Pain (9 people, 9.00%)
- Stress And Anxiety (7 people, 7.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Estrace (17 people, 17.00%)
- Premarin (15 people, 15.00%)
- Fosamax (12 people, 12.00%)
- Vioxx (11 people, 11.00%)
- Femhrt (10 people, 10.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fatigue (22 people, 22.00%)
- Pain (19 people, 19.00%)
- Stress And Anxiety (18 people, 18.00%)
- Weakness (17 people, 17.00%)
- High Blood Pressure (17 people, 17.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Dry mouth when taking Progesterone?
- Check symptoms - is dry mouth caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsDry mouth and drugs with ingredients of progesterone.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDry mouth and Progesterone from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Progesterone has active ingredients of progesterone. It is often used in menopause. (latest outcomes from Progesterone 8,163 users)
Dry mouth has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 52,194 Dry mouth patients).
Browse all side effects of Progesteronea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Dry mouthDry mouth
Could your condition cause Dry mouthDry mouth
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Just been diagnosed with osteoporosis, found out I already have had an undiagnosed back fracture...which I didn't know about...taking Actonel, have dry mouth, lower back pain, wondering if anyone else with an ileostomy (37 yrs) is having any problems with Actonel.
I am 12 years post total hysterectomy. I used essential oils to help balance my hormones prior to going on hormone therapy 9 weeks ago which I am using the pellets in my hip and take extra progesterone at night because my second set of labs said I needed more. I should have done this years ago ...
User reviews to the study
I quit taking ambien when I found out that was causing dry mouth, I thought melatonin is more natural and shouldn't have any side effects, Has anyone found a successful alternative or anything that helps with the dry mouth?