Home > Progesterone > High blood pressure > Progesterone and High blood pressure
Review: could Progesterone cause High blood pressure?
We study 4,289 people who have side effects while taking Progesterone from FDA and social media. Among them, 124 have High blood pressure. Find out below who they are, when they have High blood pressure and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Progesterone and have High blood pressure >>>
Progesterone (latest outcomes from 4,464 users) has active ingredients of progesterone. It is often used in menopause.
High blood pressure
High blood pressure (latest reports from 1,163,649 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, pain, rheumatoid arthritis.
On Sep, 11, 2014: 4,282 people reported to have side effects when taking Progesterone. Among them, 124 people (2.90%) have High Blood Pressure.
Time on Progesterone when people have High blood pressure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High blood pressure||0.00%||25.00%||0.00%||50.00%||25.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have High blood pressure when taking Progesterone * :
|High blood pressure||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||5.17%||4.31%||11.21%||51.72%||27.59% |
Severity of High blood pressure when taking Progesterone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|High blood pressure||0.00%||75.00%||25.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from High blood pressure ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|High blood pressure||50.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteopenia (13 people, 10.48%)
- Depression (13 people, 10.48%)
- Hormone replacement therapy (10 people, 8.06%)
- Pain (10 people, 8.06%)
- Anxiety (9 people, 7.26%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Premarin (31 people, 25.00%)
- Fosamax (22 people, 17.74%)
- Synthroid (21 people, 16.94%)
- Aspirin (20 people, 16.13%)
- Prednisone (17 people, 13.71%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have High Blood Pressure while taking Progesterone?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Progesterone and have High Blood Pressure
- group for people who take Progesterone
- group for people who have High Blood Pressure
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 years ago):
I have always had low Blood pressure, even when I smoked over 20 years ago. Since weight gain my BP has always been until the last 2 months 110/70. I want to know if any of these above drugs or supplements could be causing my high BP.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Progesterone, High blood pressure
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Losartan cause deep vein thrombosis
have had two knee surgeries ,a lumbar decompression, after this three surgeries start taken Losartan potassium and two months later have had a lumbar fusion after this I suffered a Deep Vein Thrombosis, continues taken Losartan for more of year and half, I notice is a bad combination when my ...
- Taste loss while taking lisinopril
I have severe loss of taste and appetite since starting lisinopril . I was unsure what the cause was until finding your site. My physician did not know what was causing it and did not even try to find out. In fact she doubled the dose I was taking .
- Went to dr. for high blood pressure.... dr. thought i was depressed and gave me samples of viibyrd....blood pressure kept increasing(205/117)
Made appointment with family dr. for my high blood pressure( 200/105)..he seemed to think I was depressed....He changed my blood pressure med and gave me Viibyrd...After taking one pill blood pressure increased to 227/107...Also, had like electrical shock sensations from heart..NEVER!!!!would I take ...
More reviews for: Progesterone, High blood pressure
On eHealthMe, Progesterone (progesterone) is often used for menopause. Find out below the conditions Progesterone is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Progesterone used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Pravastatin Sodium for a 46-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides (58 minutes ago)
- Cryselle, Sertraline for a 19-year old girl who has Birth Control, Panic Attacks (58 minutes ago)
- Probiotic, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Magnesium Sulfate, B-12, Potassium Gluconate, Calcium, Zinc Sulfate, Fish Oil, Singulair, Wellbutrin, Adderall, Biotin, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 67-year old woman who has Digestion, Sleep Aid, Energy, Osteoporosis, Hair Loss, Heart, Asthma, Depression, HDD , Artery Blockage (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Tikosyn side effects
- Tecfidera and Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs
- Aggression and Lithium Carbonate
- Cephalexin and Xarelto
- Tarceva and Blood Bilirubin Increased
Recent user comments
- "I just wanted to know if ABX therapy with these drugs ... " (1 hour ago)
- "I just started taking Atorvastatin 2 months ago and h ... " (1 hour ago)
- "Went for a blood test on Aug. 2013 and the platlet co ... " (4 hours ago)
- Trillium Erectum
- Blood Alkaline Phosphatase Increased
- Liver Disease