Home > Progesterone > Knee swelling > Progesterone and Knee swelling
Review: could Progesterone cause Knee swelling (Joint swelling)?
Summary: Knee swelling is found among people who take Progesterone, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Humira, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 4,295 people who have side effects while taking Progesterone from FDA and social media. Among them, 25 have Knee swelling. Find out below who they are, when they have Knee swelling and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Progesterone and have Knee swelling >>>
Progesterone (latest outcomes from 4,476 users) has active ingredients of progesterone. It is often used in menopausal symptoms.
Knee swelling (latest reports from 166,948 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 4,289 people reported to have side effects when taking Progesterone. Among them, 25 people (0.58%) have Knee Swelling.
Time on Progesterone when people have Knee swelling * :
Age of people who have Knee swelling when taking Progesterone * :
|Knee swelling||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||28.57%||0.00%||28.57%||42.86% |
Severity of Knee swelling when taking Progesterone ** :
How people recovered from Knee swelling ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (5 people, 20.00%)
- Ankylosing spondylitis (3 people, 12.00%)
- Pregnancy (3 people, 12.00%)
- Osteoarthritis (3 people, 12.00%)
- Osteoporosis (3 people, 12.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Humira (7 people, 28.00%)
- Fosamax (4 people, 16.00%)
- Aspirin (4 people, 16.00%)
- Estradiol (4 people, 16.00%)
- Enbrel (4 people, 16.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Knee Swelling while taking Progesterone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Progesterone and have Knee Swelling
- support group for people who take Progesterone
- support group for people who have Knee Swelling
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Has anyone ever been given progesterone while trying to taper off clonzepam?
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Nervous And Crying Spells, and takes Progesterone)
I was told that progesterone would help me in tapering off of some clonazepam but not entirely. I have tapered off one milligram; took me 8 months. I went very slowly - 1/8 a month; recommended by my psychiatrist. The progesterone is biodentical prescribed by another doctor. I have 3 more millig ...
- Have u experience a rash under breast n under tummy n thighs at first then around waist after using progesterrone cream?
(Asked by a 69 year old man who has Rash Generalised, and takes Progesterone)
Rash started under breast n under belly fat now waist n underarms..I HAVE TRIED 3 OVERCOUNTERS CREAMS N OF COURSE BENADRYL.ONE PRESCRIPTION CREAM.
- Is estring making me gain weight
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Weight Gain, and takes Progesterone, Estradiol)
My doctor prescribed Estring for vaginal dryness. I am already on estrogen and progesterone. After a week of wearing the estring, I began to rapidly gain weight. I removed the estring ring, but would like to use it as it helped with my dryness discomfort. Is there anything I can do to avoid weight g ...
- I have had this very localized area of swelling on each hip for a couple of years now (looks like two small sacs of water or air sitting on each hip) any ideas what could be causing this?
(Asked by a 22 year old woman who has Hip Swelling, Indoor Allergies, Food Allergy, Food Intolerance, Anxiety, IBS, Osgood-schlatter Disease, Mild Scoliosis, and takes Allegra, Fish Oil, Orsythia)
I have been seeing a chiropractor for years now for back, knee, and hip pain including going through physical therapy, regular manipulation, and massage. When I noticed this for months and it hadn't gone away I had him look at it. He was able to tell that this was not simply adipose and it seemed to ...
- Is generalized urticaria prevalent in acute hiv?
(Asked by a 41 year old woman who has Anxiety, and takes Progesterone)
I have been having a five under my breasts at night is this a sign or symptom of acute HIV?
More questions for: Progesterone, Knee swelling
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Yaz was the cause of increasing my pmdd, pms, irritability and depression symptoms
(Posted by a 46 year old woman who has Depression, Depressive Symptom, Irritability, PMS, PMDD, and takes Prometrium, Ortho-novum 7/7/7-28, Yaz)
I had taken Ortho Novum 777 from the age of 18 to 28 stopping in-between pregnancies. I had 3 children between the ages of 21 and 29.
In my early 30's I decided to stop taking birth control pills simply because I 'thought' it would be a healthier thing to do for my body. I did know that unless I ...
- Long-term use of risperidone and antidepressants
(Posted by a 35 year old woman who has Progesterone Decreased, Adrenal Insufficiency, Bipolar 2, and takes Progesterone, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Risperdal)
I have been using Risperdal and antidepressants for 14 years for bipolar disorder. Last month I was diagnosed with adrenal insufficiency and progesterone deficiency. My cholesterol suddenly became high, I was tired all the time and more symptoms relating to my eventual diagnosis of adrenal insuffic ...
- Finasteride and knee swelling
(Posted by a 43 year old man who has Knee Swelling, and takes Finasteride)
taken finasteride 1 mg since 5 years, knee swelling both sides since 1,5 years. MRT without pathologic findings. stopped finasteride since 3 weeks. No more Knee swelling.
- Joint swelling in my hands
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Joint Swelling, and takes Glimepiride, Invokana)
I have only been taking Invokana for almost 3 weeks, I have noticed joint swelling in my hands which did not occur 3 weeks ago when I was taking Glimepiride. While taking the Glimepiride I noticed that my ankles and feet hurt after sitting for a while or when I woke up. Has anyone else noticed these ...
- Pain in the neck and arthritis after taking generic fosamax
(Posted by a 64 year old woman who has Osteoporosis, Thyroid Nodules, Neck Pain, Anterior Knee Pain, Swelling Of A Joint, and takes Alendronate Sodium)
I started taking Generic Fosamax about six months ago and last week i had a terrible neck pain and spasm. I went to my accupunturist and he did accupunture and massage, but the pain did not go away. Later that week, I noticed that I had a lot of pain every time I flexed my left knee, and later that ...
More reviews for: Progesterone, Knee swelling
- A study of side effects of Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Swelling Of A Joint
Comments: Blister and swelling of big toe.
- A study of drug interactions between Mucinex D, Mobic, Gotu Kola, Humira, Levothyroxine Sodium, Singulair for a patient with Sinusitis, Joint Pain, Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling, Crohns, Hypothyroidism, Sinus Polyp. The patient has Pain - Joints, Joint Warmth, Swelling Of A Joint
Comments: the joint pain isn't as bad as the swelling!!! its been random & moves from joint to joint...my hands & fingers more severe...ive never had these symptoms before!! my doctor has run RA panels, MS panels etc...waiting on results!! started me on Mobic.....absolutely cant tell ive taken anything...no s ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Atorvastatin Calcium, Methadone Hydrochloride, Indomethacin for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Pain, Gout. The patient has Toe Swelling, Painful Response To Normal Stimuli
Comments: Diagnosed with Gout about 5 weeks ago,Prescribed Indomethacin but little relief.Feelings of electrical shocks have now started.Researched and my symptoms seem to be more in line with Peripheral Neuropathy than Gout.Have found that Indomethacin contributes to P.N Pain.
- A study of drug interactions between Progesterone, Testosterone, Escitalopram, Iodine, Levothyroxine Sodium, Liothyronine Sodium, Lisinopril for a patient with Hormone Level Abnormal, Depression, Thyroid Disorder, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Rectal Bleeding
Comments: I started having rectal bleeding/hemmroids about 2 months ago. I started on my thyroid pill and hormone cream about this time.
- A study of side effects of Sorbitrate for a patient with Stable Angina. The patient has Swelling Of A Joint
Comments: with allopurinol 100mg the condition worsened
More related studies for: Progesterone, Knee swelling
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.