Review: could Progesterone cause Suicidal ideation?
Summary: Suicidal ideation is found among people who take Progesterone, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Estradiol, and have Abdominal pain.
We study 4,314 people who have side effects while taking Progesterone from FDA and social media. Among them, 37 have Suicidal ideation. Find out below who they are, when they have Suicidal ideation and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Progesterone and have Suicidal ideation >>>
Progesterone has active ingredients of progesterone. It is often used in menopause. (latest outcomes from 4,497 Progesterone users)
Suicidal ideation has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, stress and anxiety, pain, acne. (latest reports from 42,715 Suicidal ideation patients)
On Apr, 2, 2015: 4,311 people reported to have side effects when taking Progesterone. Among them, 37 people (0.86%) have Suicidal Ideation.
Time on Progesterone when people have Suicidal ideation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Suicidal ideation||60.00%||20.00%||0.00%||0.00%||20.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Suicidal ideation when taking Progesterone * :
|Suicidal ideation||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.86%||17.14%||34.29%||40.00%||5.71% |
Severity of Suicidal ideation when taking Progesterone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Suicidal ideation||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Suicidal ideation ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Suicidal ideation||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Abdominal pain (7 people, 18.92%)
- Depression (6 people, 16.22%)
- Convulsion (4 people, 10.81%)
- Anxiety (4 people, 10.81%)
- Hormone replacement therapy (4 people, 10.81%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Estradiol (9 people, 24.32%)
- Vicodin (9 people, 24.32%)
- Trazodone hcl (8 people, 21.62%)
- Paxil (8 people, 21.62%)
- Estrace (8 people, 21.62%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of progesterone and suicidal ideation on
Do you have Suicidal Ideation while taking Progesterone?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Progesterone and have Suicidal Ideation
- support group for people who take Progesterone
- support group for people who have Suicidal Ideation
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Progesterone, Fish Oil, Baby Aspirin, Lipitor, Diovan, Atenolol, Plavix for a 64-year old man with Prostate Cancer Recurrent, Heart Attack, High Blood Cholesterol, Heart Rate Decreased, Blood Pressure Diastolic Abnormal, Heart Mri. The patient has Skin Rash
- A study of side effects of Progesterone for a 52-year old woman with Natural Dhea. The patient has Confusion
- A study of drug interactions between Progesterone, Albuterol Sulfate, Advair Diskus 250/50 for a 22-year old woman with Progesterone Increased, Asthma. The patient has Short-term Memory Loss
- A study of side effects of Vyvanse for a 8-year old boy with ADHD. The patient has Suicidal Thoughts
- A study of drug interactions between Progesterone, Armour Thyroid, Cymbalta for a 61-year old woman with Premature Menopause, Hyperthyroidism, Teenagers And Depression. The patient has Unexpected Seemingly Reasonable Confrontational Similar To Wellbutrin Side Effect For Me Which Became Severe
Recent Progesterone related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.