Home > Progesterone > Suicidal ideation > Progesterone and Suicidal ideation
Review: could Progesterone cause Suicidal ideation?
Summary: Suicidal ideation is found among people who take Progesterone, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Estradiol, and have Abdominal pain.
We study 4,295 people who have side effects while taking Progesterone from FDA and social media. Among them, 37 have Suicidal ideation. Find out below who they are, when they have Suicidal ideation and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Progesterone and have Suicidal ideation >>>
Progesterone (latest outcomes from 4,476 users) has active ingredients of progesterone. It is often used in menopausal symptoms.
Suicidal ideation (latest reports from 271,716 patients) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, stress and anxiety, pain, acne.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 4,289 people reported to have side effects when taking Progesterone. Among them, 37 people (0.86%) have Suicidal Ideation.
Time on Progesterone when people have Suicidal ideation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Suicidal ideation||60.00%||20.00%||0.00%||0.00%||20.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Suicidal ideation when taking Progesterone * :
|Suicidal ideation||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.86%||17.14%||34.29%||40.00%||5.71% |
Severity of Suicidal ideation when taking Progesterone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Suicidal ideation||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Suicidal ideation ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Suicidal ideation||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Abdominal pain (7 people, 18.92%)
- Depression (6 people, 16.22%)
- Convulsion (4 people, 10.81%)
- Anxiety (4 people, 10.81%)
- Hormone replacement therapy (4 people, 10.81%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Estradiol (9 people, 24.32%)
- Vicodin (9 people, 24.32%)
- Trazodone hcl (8 people, 21.62%)
- Paxil (8 people, 21.62%)
- Estrace (8 people, 21.62%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Suicidal Ideation while taking Progesterone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Progesterone and have Suicidal Ideation
- support group for people who take Progesterone
- support group for people who have Suicidal Ideation
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Has anyone ever been given progesterone while trying to taper off clonzepam?
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Nervous And Crying Spells, and takes Progesterone)
I was told that progesterone would help me in tapering off of some clonazepam but not entirely. I have tapered off one milligram; took me 8 months. I went very slowly - 1/8 a month; recommended by my psychiatrist. The progesterone is biodentical prescribed by another doctor. I have 3 more millig ...
- Have u experience a rash under breast n under tummy n thighs at first then around waist after using progesterrone cream?
(Asked by a 69 year old man who has Rash Generalised, and takes Progesterone)
Rash started under breast n under belly fat now waist n underarms..I HAVE TRIED 3 OVERCOUNTERS CREAMS N OF COURSE BENADRYL.ONE PRESCRIPTION CREAM.
- Is estring making me gain weight
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Weight Gain, and takes Progesterone, Estradiol)
My doctor prescribed Estring for vaginal dryness. I am already on estrogen and progesterone. After a week of wearing the estring, I began to rapidly gain weight. I removed the estring ring, but would like to use it as it helped with my dryness discomfort. Is there anything I can do to avoid weight g ...
- Is generalized urticaria prevalent in acute hiv?
(Asked by a 41 year old woman who has Anxiety, and takes Progesterone)
I have been having a five under my breasts at night is this a sign or symptom of acute HIV?
- Sleep paralysis and hypnogognia on viibryd
(Asked by a 43 year old woman who has Social Phobia Depression, and takes Viibryd, Clonazepam, Progesterone)
Sleep paralysis vivid hallucinations feeling of seizure like movements and presence in room. Not sleep deprived. No hx psychosis. Sleep study needed? D/c med?
More questions for: Progesterone, Suicidal ideation
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Yaz was the cause of increasing my pmdd, pms, irritability and depression symptoms
(Posted by a 46 year old woman who has Depression, Depressive Symptom, Irritability, PMS, PMDD, and takes Prometrium, Ortho-novum 7/7/7-28, Yaz)
I had taken Ortho Novum 777 from the age of 18 to 28 stopping in-between pregnancies. I had 3 children between the ages of 21 and 29.
In my early 30's I decided to stop taking birth control pills simply because I 'thought' it would be a healthier thing to do for my body. I did know that unless I ...
- Long-term use of risperidone and antidepressants
(Posted by a 35 year old woman who has Progesterone Decreased, Adrenal Insufficiency, Bipolar 2, and takes Progesterone, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Risperdal)
I have been using Risperdal and antidepressants for 14 years for bipolar disorder. Last month I was diagnosed with adrenal insufficiency and progesterone deficiency. My cholesterol suddenly became high, I was tired all the time and more symptoms relating to my eventual diagnosis of adrenal insuffic ...
More reviews for: Progesterone, Suicidal ideation
- A study of drug interactions between Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Sertraline Hydrochloride for a patient with Allergy To Mold - Dander - Dust, Depression Suicidal. The patient has Dizziness, Suicidal Ideation
Comments: I'm on a 100mg dose on both of them daily. I would like to know and understand the interactions between the two drugs.
- A study of drug interactions between Progesterone, Testosterone, Escitalopram, Iodine, Levothyroxine Sodium, Liothyronine Sodium, Lisinopril for a patient with Hormone Level Abnormal, Depression, Thyroid Disorder, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Rectal Bleeding
Comments: I started having rectal bleeding/hemmroids about 2 months ago. I started on my thyroid pill and hormone cream about this time.
- A study of drug interactions between Ativan, Adderall 20, Progesterone, Topamax for a patient with Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Narcolepsy, Birth Control, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood. The patient has Seborrhoeic Dermatitis
Comments: Had many episodes. This one is going on and on with many treatments including shampoos steroids injections and steroid lotions and steroid shampoos and it is still horrible. These episodes seems to keep happening more and more and taking over my life. I also have fibromyalgia.
- A study of drug interactions between Progesterone, Xarelto, Sertraline for a patient with Birth Control, Dvt, Depression. The patient has Impaired Healing, Fatigue - Chronic, Increased Appetite, Recurring Skin Boils
Comments: noticing improvement in symptoms since stopping xarelto and going back on warfarin
- A study of side effects of Progesterone for a patient with Estrogen Overdose. The patient has Feeling Hot, Air Swallowing, Numbness And Tingling (unusual prickling sensations), Heart Rate
Comments: I am a fragile x carrier.
More related studies for: Progesterone, Suicidal ideation
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.