Review: could Progesterone cause Urinary incontinence?
Summary: Urinary incontinence is found among people who take Progesterone, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Estradiol, and have Menopause.
We study 4,311 people who have side effects while taking Progesterone from FDA and social media. Among them, 14 have Urinary incontinence. Find out below who they are, when they have Urinary incontinence and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Progesterone and have Urinary incontinence >>>
Progesterone has active ingredients of progesterone. It is often used in menopause. (latest outcomes from 4,493 Progesterone users)
Urinary incontinence (inability to control the flow of urine and involuntary urination) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, pain. (latest reports from 18,523 Urinary incontinence patients)
On Mar, 2, 2015: 4,310 people reported to have side effects when taking Progesterone. Among them, 14 people (0.32%) have Urinary Incontinence.
Time on Progesterone when people have Urinary incontinence * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Urinary incontinence||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Urinary incontinence when taking Progesterone * :
|Urinary incontinence||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||7.14%||7.14%||35.71%||50.00% |
Severity of Urinary incontinence when taking Progesterone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Urinary incontinence||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Urinary incontinence ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Menopause (4 people, 28.57%)
- Multiple sclerosis (2 people, 14.29%)
- Dysmenorrhoea (1 people, 7.14%)
- Abdominal pain (1 people, 7.14%)
- Skin wrinkling (1 people, 7.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Estradiol (3 people, 21.43%)
- Cymbalta (3 people, 21.43%)
- Calcium (2 people, 14.29%)
- Humira (2 people, 14.29%)
- Dysport (2 people, 14.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of progesterone and urinary incontinence on
Do you have Urinary Incontinence while taking Progesterone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Progesterone and have Urinary Incontinence
- support group for people who take Progesterone
- support group for people who have Urinary Incontinence
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Losartan Potassium, Simvastatin, Baclofen for a 51-year old woman with Vitamin D Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Muscle Spasms. The patient has Fear Of Eating, Uncontrollable Urination, Sudden Onset Of Sleep
- A study of side effects of Bactrim Ds for a 31-year old woman with Infection. The patient has Incontinence - Urinary (involuntary leakage of urine)
- A study of drug interactions between Norvasc, Progesterone, Synthroid, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Vytorin for a 48-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Menopuasal, Thyroid Disorder, High Choloesterol.
- A study of drug interactions between Progesterone, Lisinopril, Armour Thyroid, Prednisone for a 51-year old woman with Hormone Level Nos Abnormal, High Blood Pressure, Hashimoto's Disease, Polymyalgia Rheumatica. The patient has Neck Pain, Blurred Vision, Knee Pain, Shoulder Pain, Eye Twitch, Neck Stiffness, Cervicogenic Headache, Pain - Muscles
- A study of drug interactions between Magnesium Oxide, Multivitamin, Fish Oil, Progesterone, Estradiol, Sumatriptan, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 54-year old woman with Nutrition - Inadequate, Perimenopause, Atrophy, Migraine Without Aura, Chronic Depression, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Migraine Without Aura
Recent Progesterone related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.