Home > Progesterone > Weight gain > Progesterone and Weight gain
Review: could Progesterone cause Weight gain (Weight increased)?
We study 4,289 people who have side effects while taking Progesterone from FDA and social media. Among them, 101 have Weight gain. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight gain and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Progesterone and have Weight gain >>>
Progesterone (latest outcomes from 4,472 users) has active ingredients of progesterone. It is often used in menopause.
Weight gain (latest reports from 528,152 patients) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder, pain, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 4,289 people reported to have side effects when taking Progesterone. Among them, 101 people (2.35%) have Weight Gain.
Time on Progesterone when people have Weight gain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight gain||0.00%||25.00%||25.00%||0.00%||37.50%||0.00%||12.50% |
Age of people who have Weight gain when taking Progesterone * :
|Weight gain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||6.98%||16.28%||19.77%||45.35%||11.63% |
Severity of Weight gain when taking Progesterone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Weight gain||16.67%||16.67%||50.00%||16.67% |
How people recovered from Weight gain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Weight gain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (16 people, 15.84%)
- Hormone replacement therapy (6 people, 5.94%)
- Hypothyroidism (6 people, 5.94%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (5 people, 4.95%)
- Pain (5 people, 4.95%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Calcium (13 people, 12.87%)
- Estradiol (12 people, 11.88%)
- Premarin (11 people, 10.89%)
- Humira (11 people, 10.89%)
- Enbrel (9 people, 8.91%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Weight Gain while taking Progesterone?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Progesterone and have Weight Gain
- support group for people who take Progesterone
- support group for people who have Weight Gain
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Progesterone, Weight gain
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Yaz was the cause of increasing my pmdd, pms, irritability and depression symptoms
I had taken Ortho Novum 777 from the age of 18 to 28 stopping in-between pregnancies. I had 3 children between the ages of 21 and 29.
In my early 30's I decided to stop taking birth control pills simply because I 'thought' it would be a healthier thing to do for my body. I did know that unless I ...
- Long-term use of risperidone and antidepressants
I have been using Risperdal and antidepressants for 14 years for bipolar disorder. Last month I was diagnosed with adrenal insufficiency and progesterone deficiency. My cholesterol suddenly became high, I was tired all the time and more symptoms relating to my eventual diagnosis of adrenal insuffic ...
- Lyrica varied widely
I was prescribed Lyrica for treatment of chronic pain. It was ineffective, but it knocked out the symptoms of interstitial. However, it also caused rapid weight gain (I went from 110 to 130 lbs. in just a few weeks) and my ankles started to swell. The pain doctor advised me to discontinue the dru ...
More reviews for: Progesterone, Weight gain
On eHealthMe, Progesterone (progesterone) is often used for menopause. Find out below the conditions Progesterone is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Progesterone used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Progesterone, Weight gain
Recent Progesterone related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Progesterone, Weight gain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Phenylalanine, Adderall Xr 30 for a 34-year old woman who has Depression, Disturbance In Attention (12 minutes ago)
- Creon for a 59-year old man who has Pancreatic Insufficiency (14 minutes ago)
- Ibuprofen, Vitamin B12, Atorvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fioricet, Dexilant, Prozac for a 68-year old woman who has Bone And Joint Pain, Fatigue, High Blood Cholesterol, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Thyroid Disorder, Migraine, GERD, Depression (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Disturbance In Attention and Weight Gain
- Weight Gain and Depression
- Adderall Xr 30
Recent user comments
- "She has never had any behavior problems until 2 month ... " (4 hours ago)
- "I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ag ... " (4 hours ago)
im not sure if l-lycine or l-arginine are re ... " (4 hours ago)
- Post Menopause
- Oil Of Oregano
- Jamaica Ginger