Review: could Prograf cause Tremor?
Summary: Tremor is found among people who take Prograf, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Cellcept, and have Renal transplant.
We study 19,877 people who have side effects while taking Prograf from FDA and social media. Among them, 331 have Tremor. Find out below who they are, when they have Tremor and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Prograf and have Tremor >>>
Prograf has active ingredients of tacrolimus. It is often used in liver transplant. (latest outcomes from Prograf 20,081 users)
Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body) has been reported by people with depression, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, pain, stress and anxiety.(latest reports from Tremor 70,421 patients)
On Nov, 30, 2014: 19,877 people reported to have side effects when taking Prograf. Among them, 331 people (1.67%) have Tremor.
Time on Prograf when people have Tremor * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Tremor when taking Prograf * :
Age of people who have Tremor when taking Prograf * :
Severity of Tremor when taking Prograf ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Tremor ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Renal transplant (60 people, 18.13%)
- Liver transplant (48 people, 14.50%)
- Heart transplant (29 people, 8.76%)
- Bone marrow transplant (25 people, 7.55%)
- Insomnia (16 people, 4.83%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Cellcept (89 people, 26.89%)
- Prednisone (83 people, 25.08%)
- Prednisolone (69 people, 20.85%)
- Omeprazole (42 people, 12.69%)
- Mycophenolate mofetil (39 people, 11.78%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Tremor while taking Prograf?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Prograf and have Tremor
- support group for people who take Prograf
- support group for people who have Tremor
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can i take melatonin if i take prograf?
(Asked by a 65 year old woman who has Middle Insomnia, and takes Melatonin)
I take Prograf to prevent organ rejection in a liver transplant.
- Can a patient that takes prograf and imuran can also take black cohosh suplements ?
(Asked by a 42 year old woman who has Pre-menopause, and takes Imuran, Prograf)
I am a kidney transplant patient, I had my transplant 4 years ago and because of my previous kidney function, now I have early menopause symptoms like, severe vaginal dryness, night sweats, low libido and so on... So i would like to know if i can take some of these herbs to help me out. Black Cohosh ...
- My dad is suffering from the same post kidney transplant. whats the alternative solution for it?
(Asked by a 56 year old man who has Blood Platelets Reducing Due To Tacrolimus, Complications Of Transplanted Kidney, and takes Tacrolimus)
He has undergone kidney transplant 5 week back. His recovery was on track but all of a sudden platelets started reducing. Doctor treated him with plasmapheresis and FFP along with stopping tacrolimus. His platelets then slowly and gradually improved. However after starting the tacrolimus again, his ...
- Any one with lithium tremors recover after reduction of dosage? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Tremors, and takes Lithium Carbonate)
More than 10 years on Lithium, tremors evident in hands. According to this study, then was no recovery from these types of tremors. Medication reduced by 1/3 to 600 mg. per day. Not sure if the "NO Recovery" was in a group where the dosage was lowered or not? Wanting to to know of long term recov ...
- Has anyone had serious side effects with apenzin
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Skin Burning Sensation, Tremor, Foggy Thinking, and takes Aplenzin)
Been on Aplenzin 5 yrs. Not sure its the drug, but hands are burning. Heads feels strange, and I have tremors. Tremors have been for 3 yrs. There saying it could be parkinson's. Could it be by chance the Aplenzin.
More questions for: Prograf, Tremor
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Crazy feelings with interesting things
(Posted by a 37 year old woman who has Tremors, Cant Focus For A Period Of Time, Hearing Voices, and takes Valium)
I am not tired but i can not keep my eyes open.I guess my Brain is tired, not my body. I can not focus on anything for a long period of time and when I try my eyes force close. I begin to hear voices and talk to people who are not present. I am scared so I stopped the meds slowly. Have not taken it ...
- Higher than a kite, and dumber than one of those saying i can no longer remember!
(Posted by a 33 year old woman who has Hallucination, Visual, Dissociative Identity Disorder, Disturbance In Attention, Dissociative Amnesia, Hypomania, Sexual Dysfunction, Hallucinations, Nightmares, Memory Loss, Memory Impairment, Tremor, Mydriasis, and takes Pristiq)
I told my shrink I didn't want to try anymore antidepressants... that they make me crazy-stupid(pristiq), crazy-nympho(wellbutrin), or crazy-sloth(lexapro). I have complex ptsd, did, and gad. I really don't want to take anything... I just want to work out, eat right, and try to put myself back on tr ...
- Rituxan mental changes (1 response)
(Posted by a 16 year old girl who has Nephrotic Syndrome, and takes Losartan, Tacrolimus, Rituxan)
Within a month my daughter has had altered mental health symptoms such as confusion 'ADD symptoms' decrease in vision, trouble concentrating, frequent headaches and sharp head pain, forgetfulness, blanks out much more and 'feels off'
it has now been about 5 months since last rituxan
- Low platelet blood count
(Posted by a 15 year old boy who has Transplant - Kidney, Low Platelet Blood Count, and takes Prograf, Mycophenolate Mofetil, Prednisone)
Kidney transplant had been performed 10 years ago.Mycophenolate mofetil was introduced 5 years ago to replace azathioprine.It has caused various undesirable side effects like severe diarrhea,nausea,nose and gum bleeding and low platelet count.Most of them were reduced as soon as the dose decreased e ...
- Suicide attempted at first then sadly completed from prograf
(Posted by a 50 year old woman who has Transplant - Kidney, and takes Prograf)
The mother of my 12 year old son had a very successful career and recently received her 3rd kidney transplant after the previous kidney which lasted over 20 years had eventually succumbed to a chronic kidney disease. She had a very successful career as an RN and then a Nurse Anesthetist. Had a brigh ...
More reviews for: Prograf, Tremor
- A study of drug interactions between Lamictal, Alprazolam, Lactulose, Daytrana, Effexor, Ondansetron, Ursodiol, Prednisone, Azathioprine, Tacrolimus for a patient with Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Encephalopathy - Hepatic, Depression, Autoimmune Hepatitis, Immunosuppressant Drug Therapy. The patient has Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Fatigue - Chronic, Major Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Nausea
Comments: The nausea is persistent and debilitating as is the fatigue. Nothing relieves the nausea. I was transplanted for esld Chronic Hep B but developed de novo autoimmune hepatitis with a touch of graft v. host disease.
The emotional troubles became extremely exacerbated post-transplant.
3 yrs pos ...
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Klonopin, Lamictal, Vyvanse, Duloxetine Hydrochloride for a patient with Thyroid Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Mood Disorder, Adhd, Depression. The patient has Hypertension, Muscle Twitching, Eye Twitch, Memory Loss, Confusional State, Tremor, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Eye Zaps, Eye Redness
Comments: I take the following doses of the above listed meds: vyvanse 70mg duloxetine 60mg klonopin 1mg 3xday as needed, levothyroxin 100mcg lamicatal 200 mg. My PCP suspects seratonin syndrome as I have all of the symptoms. Daily, I constantly get an electrical shock feeling in my brain when moving my eyes. ...
- A study of drug interactions between Excedrin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Pentasa, Cymbalta for a patient with Migraine, Hypothyroidism, Crohn's Disease, Depression. The patient has Cough Aggravated, Indigestion, Stomach Discomfort, Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Tremor, Hair Loss, Difficulty Breathing, Sore Throat, Choking
Comments: Jan 2014 CDiff, mucus in stool, very weak sick, stool incontinence 3-4 times a day. Had been on most meds since March 2014 after diagnosis of UC/Crohn's/Proctitis, in July I started to loose my hair in handfulls. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I started shaking a lot and noticed facial tremors ...
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium, Multivitamin, Vitamin D, Tamoxifen Citrate for a patient with Calcium Deficiency, General Ill Feeling, Cancer - Breast. The patient has Tremor
Comments: I have been experiencing some Tremors - shaking of my hands, voice, and facial muscles.
I been taking Tamoxin for the past five years. I also take Calcium and Vitamin D supplements.
I also have a family member with Parkinson's disease.
- A study of drug interactions between Lotensin, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Topamax, Aldactone, Lasix, Metformin, Cymbalta, Wellbutrin Sr for a patient with Birth Control, Insomnia, Migraine, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (pcos), Depression. The patient has Tremor
Comments: Hand tremors, voi e tremors, noint pain to hips and shoulders, worse on dominate side, severe, unable to feed with fork, have to eat finger foods and drink from a straw. I was taken off wellbutrin had withdraws after 4 days, started back and now have all symptoMs of Parkinson's. Any information is h ...
More related studies for: Prograf, Tremor
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.