Home > Prolia > Arthritis - osteoarthritis > Prolia and Arthritis - osteoarthritis
Review: could Prolia cause Arthritis - osteoarthritis (Osteoarthritis)?
Summary: Arthritis - osteoarthritis is found among people who take Prolia, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Vitamin d, and have Osteoporosis postmenopausal.
We study 5,796 people who have side effects while taking Prolia from FDA and social media. Among them, 19 have Arthritis - osteoarthritis. Find out below who they are, when they have Arthritis - osteoarthritis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Prolia and have Arthritis - osteoarthritis >>>
Prolia (latest outcomes from 5,833 users) has active ingredients of denosumab. It is often used in osteoporosis.
Arthritis - osteoarthritis
Arthritis - osteoarthritis (joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint) (latest reports from 33,176 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain.
On Nov, 26, 2014: 5,796 people reported to have side effects when taking Prolia. Among them, 19 people (0.33%) have Arthritis - Osteoarthritis.
Time on Prolia when people have Arthritis - osteoarthritis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Arthritis - osteoarthritis||50.00%||25.00%||25.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Arthritis - osteoarthritis when taking Prolia * :
|Arthritis - osteoarthritis||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Severity of Arthritis - osteoarthritis when taking Prolia ** :
How people recovered from Arthritis - osteoarthritis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis postmenopausal (13 people, 68.42%)
- Osteoporosis (7 people, 36.84%)
- Glaucoma (5 people, 26.32%)
- Hypothyroidism (5 people, 26.32%)
- Senile osteoporosis (5 people, 26.32%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vitamin d (7 people, 36.84%)
- Synthroid (6 people, 31.58%)
- Aspirin (6 people, 31.58%)
- Timoptic in ocudose (5 people, 26.32%)
- Actonel (5 people, 26.32%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Arthritis - Osteoarthritis while taking Prolia?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Prolia and have Arthritis - Osteoarthritis
- support group for people who take Prolia
- support group for people who have Arthritis - Osteoarthritis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is there a support group in the us for people with insulinomas?
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Insulinoma, Pancreatic Abdominal Resection, Neuropathy - Facial, Neuropathy - Brachial Plexus, Neuropathy Peripheral, Muscle Cramps, Cataract Surgery, Strabismus, Aorto-duodenal Fistula, Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumour, Antiphospholipid Syndrome, Lupus, Posterior Spinal Fusion, Bone Degeneration, Osteoarthritis, Bradycardia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Islets Of Langerhans)
SUPPORT GROUP IN UNITED STATES!!!
Hi, the only support group that I've been able to find for people with insulinomas is located in the UK... just wondering if there is one in the US. I had pancreatic surgery to remove my first insulinoma in 2012, we're thinking there's another because I'm stil ...
- Do the side effects of prolia either stop or lessen over the 6 month period between injections?
(Asked by a 67 year old woman who has Back Pain, Acid Reflux, Fatigue, Abdominal Pain, Osteoarthritis Generalised, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Itching, Weight Gain, Hot Flush, Musculoskeletal Discomfort, Pain - Abdomen, and takes Feraheme, Pantoprazole, Prolia)
I am wondering if the side effects of Prolia go away or lessen during the six months it is taken for.
- What is the current treatment for larangospasm?
(Asked by a 71 year old woman who has Osteoarthritis, Hypercholesterolemia, GERD, Larangospasm With Asthmatic Component, and takes Klonopin, Xanax, Celebrex, Zyrtec, Lipitor, Fluticasone Propionate, Budesonide , Xopenex, Prevacid, Lexapro)
For two years I have been fighting with larangospasm. I have been hospitalized twice and treated with prednisone as well as nebulizers with albuterol. I had botox injections into my vocal cords last July 2013 and have a straw hanging around my neck for straw breathing. The last "attack" lasted one ...
- Is it my thyroid or am i mentally ill? diagnosed w/ hashimoto's thyroiditis but untreated - chronic pain unmanaged also
(Asked by a 54 year old woman who has Spondylosis, Autoimmune Disorder, Asthma Late Onset, Migraine, Degenerative Joint Disease, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Facet Joint Syndrome, Sacroiliitis, Diverticulosis, PTSD, IBS, Traumatic Brain Injury, Pelvic Congestion, Fibromyalgia, Interstitial Cystitis (IC), Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, and takes Albuterol Sulfate, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Maxalt, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Oxycontin, Alvesco, Levothyroxine Thyroid)
I moved to OR from HI and brought all my records, signed releases, and had many diagnoses, all but the thyroid, was being treated and long-term. I also took Oxycontin & Oxycodone for severe chronic pain from bilateral SI joint fusion (right screw protrudes & leg also becomes numb and weak with acti ...
- Is there a connection between prolia injections and transient global amnesia
(Asked by a 68 year old woman who has Transient Global Amnesia, Osteoporsis, GERD, and takes Prolia)
I was given an injection of Prolia for osteoporsis 7 days before a necessary ER visit due to transient global amnesia. That day is a total blank. The three previous days are very sketchy. Is there anyone who has experienced a correlation between Prolia and amnesia?
More questions for: Prolia, Arthritis - osteoarthritis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Narcolepsy, Prinzmetal's Angina , Antiphospholipid Syndrome, High Blood Pressure, Obsessive-compulsive Personality Disorder, Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome, Migraine With Aura, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Bipolar I Disorder, and takes Benadryl, Baclofen, Plaquenil, Nitro-bid, Maxalt-mlt, Imitrex, Zofran Odt, Ms Contin, Clonidine, Amlodipine Besylate, Novolog Flexpen, Levemir Flexpen, Halcion, Valium, Primidone, Neurontin, Trileptal)
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Sepsis hallucinations misdiagnosed
(Posted by a 69 year old woman who has I, Osteoarthritis, Chronic Pain, Scar-tissue Adhesions, Bowel Blockage, Sepsis, Sepsis Hallucinations, and takes Clonazepam, Dilaudid)
I was admitted to the hospital at 10 p.m., with a total bowel blockage caused by scar-tissue adhesions. I had first gone to the ER at 3 a.m. that morning, but the ER doc misdiagnosed my condition as constipation. I was in extreme pain and also too weak to tell my husband when he first came home t ...
- Non effective for pain effective for positive nausea
(Posted by a 56 year old woman who has Osteoarthritis, and takes Meloxicam)
Have been taking this product for a little over a month and the nausea is getting worse but the pain is not. This seems to be causing more problems. This side effect occurs with or without food, and with or without a full glass of water.
- Marijuana effect on oa pain
(Posted by a 67 year old man who has Severe Ostioarthritis Pain, OA, and takes Marijuana)
I have severe OA ( hips, knees replaced) cervical and lumbar spine require fusing both shoulders need replacing.This is Ortho doc talking not me. I get no relief from non-steroidal anti inflammatory or only short relief from steroid injections. oxicodine does work when pain is intollerable but Fear ...
- I have twice developed a uti after injection of prolia
(Posted by a 72 year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, Cystitis, and takes Prolia)
I have taken Prolia for 2 years..4 injections. After the last 2 injections within 2 weeks I developed severe cystitis and had to go on course of antibiotics. I am fearful of continuing this medication as the last infection caused me to be treated at the emergency room.
More reviews for: Prolia, Arthritis - osteoarthritis
- A study of drug interactions between Diazepam, Calcium, Loperamide Hydrochloride, Co-codamol, Aspirin, Tramadol, Prednisolone for a patient with Muscle Injury, Osteopenia, Diarrhea, Urologic Disorders, Pain, Arthritis, Inflammatory Pain. The patient has Urinary Retention, Degenerative Joint Disease, Pain - Joints, Joint Warmth, Joint Instability, Dry Eyes
Comments: Was on sulfasalazine but made me unwell...changed to methotrexate but stopped because of blood results. Have raised blood sugar from steroids.
Frequent urinary tract infections and self catheterisation. Retinal haemorrhage ( blots and dots) just discovered by optician with severe dry eyes
- A study of drug interactions between Probiotic, Vitamin D, Baclofen, Gabapentin, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Synthroid for a patient with Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Vitamin D Decreased, Pelvic Discomfort, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Chronic Low Back, Low Thyroid. The patient has Degenerative Joint Disease, Scoliosis, Anal Stenosis, Arthritis
Comments: five weeks ago I received Botox injections for my chronic low back pain....now I can hardly stand up straight and walk...the chiropractor says that my pelvis is now severely tipped...this has just happened since the Botox injection s
- A study of drug interactions between Xgeva, Revlimid, Acyclovir, Crestor for a patient with Osteoporosis, Myeloma - Multiple, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Chills
Comments: i am on a clinical trial, randomized, either zometa or xgeva. I believe that i receive xgeva, because prior to the start of the study, i had an infusion of zometa and had strong flu-like symptoms for 3 days. After starting the study, I have had no side effects for 8 months. after the last treatme ...
- A study of side effects of Prolia for a patient with Osteopenia. The patient has Tender Bumps In My Leg, Inflamed, Red
Comments: I have had one Prolia injection in January of 2014 for osteopenia. I also have Hasimoto's Thyroidosis which is in check. I take synthroid and cytomel. I have in the past six months developed lumps in my leg. They are tender, and getting larger. Skin is reddened. Could this be some sort of reactio ...
- A study of drug interactions between Paracetamol, Estradiol Valerate, Sertraline, Tramadol for a patient with Pain - Back, H.r.-50, Depression, Degenerative Joint Disease. The patient has Degenerative Joint Disease, Prolapsed Intervertebral Disk
Comments: MRI scan showed chronic prolapsed disc and early signs of osteoporosis which they consider to be degenerative. I take 8 tramadol a day along side paracetamol
As soon as the medication wears off I am in severe pain lethargy extreme tiredness and sometimes confusion. Ifeel as though my body has been ...
More related studies for: Prolia, Arthritis - osteoarthritis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Bloating And Menstruation
- Oxybutynin Chloride
- Lack Of Menses
- Msm and Fever
- Effexor and Passionflower
- Has anyone experienced getting perioral dermatitis after botox injections?
Approx. 1 year ago perioral dermatitis on my face occured. ... (3 hours ago)
- Is it safe to mastrubate while recovering from gbs gullian barre syndrome (gbs)
im currently on my recovery path its been 4 months and yet ... (4 hours ago)
- Anyone have severe mouth blisters/ulcers from rituan lasting more than 8 months????
Answer: Mouth ulcers whenever I lower my abilify dosage. Went to d ... (1 day ago)
Recent user reviews
- Amitriptyline involuntary eye movements
I've began having sparatic involuntary eye movements a few ... (2 hours ago)
- Hair loss with enbrel
I have been on Enbrel for 4 months and started seeing sign ... (15 hours ago)
- Jaw pain and naproxen
Taking naproxen for pain relief of mortons neuromas. 500 m ... (23 hours ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Oxybutynin Chloride for a 46-year old woman who has Lack Of Menses (3 minutes ago)
- Diazepam, Calcium, Loperamide Hydrochloride, Co-codamol, Aspirin, Tramadol, Prednisolone for a 52-year old woman who has Muscle Injury, Osteopenia, Diarrhea, Urologic Disorders, Pain, Arthritis, Inflammatory Pain (43 minutes ago)
- Naproxen, Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Gabapentin for a 32-year old woman who has TMJ Disorders, Fibromyalgia (1 hour ago)