Review: could Promethazine cause Muscle twitching?
Summary: Muscle twitching is found among people who take Promethazine, especially for people who are female, 10-19 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Cogentin, and have Nausea.
We study 614 people who have side effects while taking Promethazine from FDA and social media. Among them, 11 have Muscle twitching. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle twitching and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Promethazine and have Muscle twitching >>>
Promethazine has active ingredients of promethazine hydrochloride. It is often used in nausea. (latest outcomes from 1,218 Promethazine users)
Muscle twitching has been reported by people with depression, pain, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 11,065 Muscle twitching patients)
On Mar, 3, 2015: 612 people reported to have side effects when taking Promethazine. Among them, 11 people (1.80%) have Muscle Twitching.
Time on Promethazine when people have Muscle twitching * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle twitching||33.33%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Muscle twitching when taking Promethazine * :
|Muscle twitching||90.91%||9.09% |
Age of people who have Muscle twitching when taking Promethazine * :
|Muscle twitching||0.00%||0.00%||27.27%||9.09%||27.27%||9.09%||27.27%||0.00% |
Severity of Muscle twitching when taking Promethazine ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle twitching||0.00%||66.67%||0.00%||33.33% |
How people recovered from Muscle twitching ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscle twitching||50.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Nausea (2 people, 18.18%)
- Pain (2 people, 18.18%)
- Fibromyalgia (1 people, 9.09%)
- Inflammatory bowel disease - crohn's disease (1 people, 9.09%)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (1 people, 9.09%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Cogentin (3 people, 27.27%)
- Ambien (3 people, 27.27%)
- Oxycontin (2 people, 18.18%)
- Prednisone (2 people, 18.18%)
- Prozac (2 people, 18.18%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of promethazine and muscle twitching on
Do you have Muscle Twitching while taking Promethazine?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Promethazine and have Muscle Twitching
- support group for people who take Promethazine
- support group for people who have Muscle Twitching
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Methadone Hydrochloride, Promethazine, Clonidine, Xanax, Wellbutrin, Prilosec, Garcinia Cambogia for a 29-year old woman with Withdrawal From Opioids, Nasuea, Sleep - Natural Short Sleeper, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Acid Reflux, Weight Loss.
- A study of drug interactions between Biotin, Multivitamin, Tri-linyah, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Celexa, Adderall 30 for a 31-year old woman with Enteral Nutrition, Birth Control, Hypertension, Ocd, Adhd. The patient has Muscle Twitching, Restless Legs Syndrome
- A study of side effects of Promethazine for a 48-year old man with Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo. The patient has Urination - Painful
- A study of drug interactions between Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Dilaudid, Albuterol, Dronabinol, Cyproheptadine Hydrochloride, Tramadol, Phenergan for a 45-year old woman with Pain - Abdomen, Gerd, Increased Appetite, Nausea, Pain, Nausea And Vomiting. The patient has Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Tenormin, Clonazepam, Xanax, Phenergan for a 62-year old woman with Blood Pressure, Anxiety, Nausea. The patient has Night Cramps
Recent Promethazine related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.