Propecia and High cholesterol - from FDA reports
High cholesterol is found among people who take Propecia, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Proscar, and have Androgenetic alopecia. This review analyzes which people have High cholesterol with Propecia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 7,923 people who have side effects when taking Propecia from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 22, 2017
7,923 people reported to have side effects when taking Propecia.
Among them, 254 people (3.21%) have High cholesterol
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Propecia when people have High cholesterol *:
- < 1 month: 3.45 %
- 1 - 6 months: 2.3 %
- 6 - 12 months: 8.62 %
- 1 - 2 years: 6.32 %
- 2 - 5 years: 29.31 %
- 5 - 10 years: 32.76 %
- 10+ years: 17.24 %
Gender of people who have High cholesterol when taking Propecia *:
- female: 2.02 %
- male: 97.98 %
Age of people who have High cholesterol when taking Propecia *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 2.56 %
- 30-39: 15.38 %
- 40-49: 51.28 %
- 50-59: 23.08 %
- 60+: 7.69 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Androgenetic Alopecia (106 people, 41.73%)
- Enlarged Prostate (16 people, 6.30%)
- Stress And Anxiety (13 people, 5.12%)
- Hypersensitivity (8 people, 3.15%)
- Depression (8 people, 3.15%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Proscar (48 people, 18.90%)
- Finasteride (11 people, 4.33%)
- Prilosec (10 people, 3.94%)
- Lipitor (6 people, 2.36%)
- Diovan (6 people, 2.36%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Erection Problems (222 people, 87.40%)
- Stress And Anxiety (164 people, 64.57%)
- Depression (162 people, 63.78%)
- Cognitive Disorder (116 people, 45.67%)
- Libido Decreased (115 people, 45.28%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have High cholesterol when taking Propecia?
- Check symptoms - is high cholesterol caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsHigh cholesterol and drugs with ingredients of finasteride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHigh cholesterol and Propecia from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Propecia has active ingredients of finasteride. It is often used in hair loss. (latest outcomes from Propecia 8,203 users)
High cholesterol has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure (latest reports from 263,324 High cholesterol patients).
Browse all side effects of Propeciaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with High cholesterolHigh cholesterol
Could your condition cause High cholesterolHigh cholesterol
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I took 4 shots of Lupron for prostate cancer. They were once a month and the last one was in Dec of 2016. I had my Lipids tested in February and my triglycerides were 1100. I have started taking Atorvastatin 80 mg (generic Lipitor) and Ezetimibe 10 mg. Has anyone had a huge increase in their ...
My wife was prescribed with hydroxychloroquine sulfate for illness connected with the immune system. She has high blood cholesterol although she takes cholesterol lowering medicine. Is there any thing that can be done to lower her blood cholesterol pleease ?
User reviews to the study
I am currently using Praluent which is same class of medication like repatha, as I read this report I am experiencing very high triglycerides level and do the experts say regarding what to if stop medication or continue.
hello, I am 61 years young, I have pretty high triglicerides, more than 400 , incredible. I was ordered to take a B12 vitamin test, and it came out FOUR times the maximum highest level !~! 4 years ago my triglicerides where high 150 but now 400 incredible. my good cholesterol is 16 !!! crazy ...