Home > Propofol > Embolism > Propofol and Embolism
Review: could Propofol cause Embolism?
We study 10,979 people who have side effects while taking Propofol from FDA and social media. Among them, 18 have Embolism. Find out below who they are, when they have Embolism and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Propofol and have Embolism >>>
Propofol (latest outcomes from 11,043 users) has active ingredients of propofol. It is often used in colonoscopy abnormal.
Embolism (obstruction of an artery, typically by a clot of blood or an air bubble) (latest reports from 16,464 patients) has been reported by people with ill-defined disorder, high blood pressure, pain, idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, rheumatoid arthritis.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 10,979 people reported to have side effects when taking Propofol. Among them, 18 people (0.16%) have Embolism.
Time on Propofol when people have Embolism * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Embolism when taking Propofol * :
Age of people who have Embolism when taking Propofol * :
Severity of Embolism when taking Propofol ** :
How people recovered from Embolism ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Analgesia (18 people, 100.00%)
- Prophylaxis (18 people, 100.00%)
- Traumatic haemorrhage (18 people, 100.00%)
- Sedation (11 people, 61.11%)
- Catheter related infection (10 people, 55.56%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Heparin (18 people, 100.00%)
- Pancuronium (18 people, 100.00%)
- Lasix (18 people, 100.00%)
- Novoseven (18 people, 100.00%)
- Norepinephrine bitartrate (18 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Embolism while taking Propofol?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Propofol and have Embolism
- support group for people who take Propofol
- support group for people who have Embolism
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 months ago):
Aspirated after drug was administered but before procedure wa started. Procedure was aborted.
From this study (3 months ago):
being treated for pneumonia; is addicted to nicotine but can't smoke in hospital; becomes very anxious; is sedated with propofol for 28 days. Two months later seems mentally retared
From this study (5 months ago):
Had colonoscopy yesterday and these were the drugs used for it. Woke up today with hives under my left arm and on my left hip
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Propofol, Embolism
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Profolol side effects-will not use again
It is slightly more than 24 hours since profolol alone was given to me for a colonoscopy and endoscopy. I woke up quickly but very sleepy and tired. Forced to get in wheelchair and leave asap. Slept when I got home all night. The next day was very disoriented, lightheaded when I sat up or got up and ...
- Propfol hallucinations
horrible, extensive hallcinations during propofol-induced coma and for 2 weeks afterwords. Like bad LSD,
but more convincing; 100% 'real'.
More reviews for: Propofol, Embolism
On eHealthMe, Propofol (propofol) is often used for colonoscopy abnormal. Find out below the conditions Propofol is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Propofol used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Phenergan, Imitrex, Protonix, Xanax, Buspar for a 35-year old woman who has Nausea In The Morning - Females, Migraine, GERD, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Chronic Depression (5 minutes ago)
- Melatonin for a 58-year old man who has Insomnia (38 minutes ago)
- Abilify, Topiramate, Cymbalta, Adderall 30 for a 30-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder, Mood Disorder, Chronic Depression, Depression (42 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Inflammation and Wellbutrin
- Irbesartan and Platelet Count Decreased
- Pustular Psoriasis
- Pelvic Pain and Birth Control
- Vomiting and Blood Pressure
Recent user comments
- "Generally happens every couple of mnths has now moved ... " (56 minutes ago)
- "Edema of ankles and lower legs, blister-like or pimpl ... " (1 hour ago)
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (8 hours ago)
- Application Site Fissure
- Completed Suicide
- Weight Increased
- Coagulation Factor Viii Level Increased
- Carcinoma In Situ Of Penis