Home > Propofol > Hallucination > Propofol and Hallucination
Review: could Propofol cause Hallucination (Hallucinations)?
Summary: Hallucination is found among people who take Propofol, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Fentanyl, and have Anaesthesia.
We study 10,979 people who have side effects while taking Propofol from FDA and social media. Among them, 43 have Hallucination. Find out below who they are, when they have Hallucination and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Propofol and have Hallucination >>>
Propofol (latest outcomes from 11,043 users) has active ingredients of propofol. It is often used in colonoscopy abnormal.
Hallucination (an experience involving the perception of something not present) (latest reports from 30,019 patients) has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, parkinson's disease, quit smoking.
On Nov, 25, 2014: 10,979 people reported to have side effects when taking Propofol. Among them, 43 people (0.39%) have Hallucination.
Time on Propofol when people have Hallucination * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Hallucination when taking Propofol * :
Age of people who have Hallucination when taking Propofol * :
Severity of Hallucination when taking Propofol ** :
How people recovered from Hallucination ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Anaesthesia (5 people, 11.63%)
- Prophylaxis (5 people, 11.63%)
- Respiratory tract infection (3 people, 6.98%)
- Mycobacterium avium complex infection (3 people, 6.98%)
- Light anaesthesia (3 people, 6.98%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Fentanyl (17 people, 39.53%)
- Prevacid (13 people, 30.23%)
- Lidocaine (13 people, 30.23%)
- Flexeril (12 people, 27.91%)
- Zometa (12 people, 27.91%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hallucination while taking Propofol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Propofol and have Hallucination
- support group for people who take Propofol
- support group for people who have Hallucination
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What is your mental state three months after propofol discontinued
(Asked by a 68 year old man who has Drug-induced Organic Affective Syndrome, Acts "drugged", and takes Propofol)
Was comatose 28 days under propofol while recovering from pneumonia. Continually repeats same life stories. Becomes combative.
- What are your long term effects of propofol
(Asked by a 68 year old man who has Crying And Then Laughing, 2 Mo After Release: Combative, and takes Propofol)
repeats past family history over and over
doesn't respond to questions keeps repeating same scenarios
- Can a 70 year old male be more prone to anger/depression after porpofol
(Asked by a 71 year old man who has Anger, and takes Propofol)
had a colonoscopy recently and have been exceedingly angry with wife when she makes mistakes. i was wondering if propofol can affect ones personality
- My mom was on propofol, after awakening she acts very different, not herself. was this caused from the medicine
(Asked by a 81 year old woman who has COPD, and takes Propofol)
Mom was admitted with a lung infection, and given some antibiotics, but a few days later she contracted Hospital Pnemonia and went into respiratory failure. So she was intubated and put in the icu on a ventilater, and put on Propofol. During her breathing trials to get off the vent she was very an ...
- Is there any evidence in using propofol in sodium channel mutated patients
(Asked by a 31 year old man who has Erytromyalgia, Acrmesomelia, Sodium Channel Mutation, OSAS, and takes Propofol)
this patient needed a mri, and therefore he has to stay very still. Because of his muscle contractions he could not manage that. We tried to sedate him with propofol. But we needed so much( up to 9mg/kg) and he still had muscle contractions. So we decided to cancel the procedure and put him a sleep ...
More questions for: Propofol, Hallucination
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Headache after propofol
(Posted by a 61 year old woman who has IBS, and takes Propofol)
Was given Propofol while having Colonoscopy and Endoscopy. Severe headache in evening and following day.
- Higher than a kite, and dumber than one of those saying i can no longer remember!
(Posted by a 33 year old woman who has Hallucination, Visual, Dissociative Identity Disorder, Disturbance In Attention, Dissociative Amnesia, Hypomania, Sexual Dysfunction, Hallucinations, Nightmares, Memory Loss, Memory Impairment, Tremor, Mydriasis, and takes Pristiq)
I told my shrink I didn't want to try anymore antidepressants... that they make me crazy-stupid(pristiq), crazy-nympho(wellbutrin), or crazy-sloth(lexapro). I have complex ptsd, did, and gad. I really don't want to take anything... I just want to work out, eat right, and try to put myself back on tr ...
- Profolol side effects-will not use again
(Posted by a 70 year old woman who has Unable To Walk Without Holding Onto Walls, Sleepy, Lightheadedness - Dizzy, Disoriented)
It is slightly more than 24 hours since profolol alone was given to me for a colonoscopy and endoscopy. I woke up quickly but very sleepy and tired. Forced to get in wheelchair and leave asap. Slept when I got home all night. The next day was very disoriented, lightheaded when I sat up or got up and ...
(Posted by a 76 year old man who has Hallucinations, and takes Valium)
On the 20th of August 2012 I fell downstairs and broke my left arm/shoulder and ribs. I also had many open cuts from my elbow to my wrist; the whole arm and hand was severely swollen; huge purple marks on arm thigh and chest. These have all healed. However the arm/shoulder has healed out of joint an ...
- Propfol hallucinations
(Posted by a 60 year old man who has Hallucinations, Mixed, and takes Propofol)
horrible, extensive hallcinations during propofol-induced coma and for 2 weeks afterwords. Like bad LSD,
but more convincing; 100% 'real'.
More reviews for: Propofol, Hallucination
- A study of side effects of Dilaudid for a patient with Pain. The patient has Hallucinations (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind)
Comments: My husband is taken Dilaudid while in the hospital & I have repeatedly told the doctor that they have given him too much. He gets restless, irritated, impatient, see things that are not there, etc. He wants to argue with me, says things that make no sense, then gets angry when I don't understand wha ...
- A study of side effects of Omeprazole for a patient with Acid Reflux. The patient has Hallucinations (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind)
Comments: Next day was fine normally working and smoking can't remember episode . Just remembers excessive vomiting, but normally when he has acid reflux vomiting he is very weak and tired and stomach burns for couple days later. Hallucinations after bringing him to, he got up walked to bed with help and sit ...
- A study of side effects of Carbidopa And Levodopa for a patient with Parkinsonism. The patient has Hallucinations (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind)
Comments: My mom has been taking Parkinson's medicine with dyclocimine (for irritable bowel syndrome) and dulcolax (for constipation). Since Saturday, she has had severe paranoid hallucinations. She hears, but mostly sees things that are not there. She was convinced that there were burglars in our house so sh ...
- A study of drug interactions between Actifed, Ibuprofen, Paracetamol, Sertraline, Alprazolam for a patient with Allergic Respiratory Disease, Inflammation, Fever, Chronic Depression, Generalised Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Mental Status Changes, Depression Aggravated, Psychosis Aggravated, Hallucination, Feelings Of Worthlessness, Feeling Of Despair, Dizziness, Psychotic Behaviour, Changes In Consciousness, Irritability, Feeling Of Despair, Confusion Aggravated
Comments: Do not take Actifed (pills) if you're under alprazolam treatment, especially if you're having a high dosis of the benzodiazepine (or if you're being treated for a long time). The psychiatric effects can be devastating and your anxiety disorder and/or depression can get much worse.
Unentencionally ( ...
- A study of side effects of Depakote for a patient with Bipolar. The patient has Hallucinations (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind)
Comments: Sees and hears people on the walls, talks to these people on the wall and needs their approval to do things.Sits almost 24hrs a day , does not conversate with family members, has no interest In doing anything.
More related studies for: Propofol, Hallucination
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.