Review: could Propranolol hydrochloride cause Bipolar i disorder?
Summary: Bipolar i disorder is reported only by a few people who take Propranolol hydrochloride.
We study 2,516 people who have side effects while taking Propranolol hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 3 have Bipolar i disorder. Find out below who they are, when they have Bipolar i disorder and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Propranolol hydrochloride and have Bipolar i disorder >>>
Propranolol hydrochloride has active ingredients of propranolol hydrochloride. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 3,354 Propranolol hydrochloride users)
Bipolar i disorder
Bipolar i disorder (mood disorder that is characterized by at least one manic or mixed episode) has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, multiple sclerosis, pain, sleep disorder. (latest reports from 9,901 Bipolar i disorder patients)
On Mar, 1, 2015: 2,516 people reported to have side effects when taking Propranolol hydrochloride. Among them, 3 people (0.12%) have Bipolar I Disorder.
Time on Propranolol hydrochloride when people have Bipolar i disorder * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Bipolar i disorder||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Bipolar i disorder when taking Propranolol hydrochloride * :
|Bipolar i disorder||0.00%||100.00% |
Age of people who have Bipolar i disorder when taking Propranolol hydrochloride * :
|Bipolar i disorder||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33% |
Severity of Bipolar i disorder when taking Propranolol hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Bipolar i disorder||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Bipolar i disorder ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Bipolar i disorder||0.00%||50.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar 1 (1 people, 33.33%)
- Unipolar depression (1 people, 33.33%)
- Tremor - essential (1 people, 33.33%)
- Muscle spasms (1 people, 33.33%)
- Tremor (1 people, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Glipizide (1 people, 33.33%)
- Synthroid (1 people, 33.33%)
- Valium (1 people, 33.33%)
- Lithium carbonate (1 people, 33.33%)
- Quetiapine fumarate (1 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Bipolar I Disorder while taking Propranolol Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Propranolol hydrochloride and have Bipolar I Disorder
- support group for people who take Propranolol hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Bipolar i disorder
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Propranolol Hydrochloride, Famciclovir for a 21-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder, Herpes Simplex. The patient has Rash Generalised
- A study of drug interactions between Flomax, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Linzess, Miralax, Anturol, Olanzapine, Zetia, Nexium, Depakote, Benztropine Mesylate for a 40-year old man with Nocturia, Aggression, Constipation, Schizophrenia, Hyperlipidemia, Gerd, Bipolar Disorder, Medication Side Effects. The patient has Agap Low, Eosinophilia, Mental Status Tests, Leaning Left When Walking, Nocturia
- A study of drug interactions between Lortab, Xanax, Inderal, Zoloft, Adderall for a 29-year old woman with Pain, Anxiety Disorder, Hypertension, Depression, Adhd. The patient has Anxiety
- A study of drug interactions between Propranolol Hydrochloride, Clonazepam, Lithium Carbonate, Spironolactone, Metformin, Glycopyrrolate, Levothyroxine Sodium, Phenelzine Sulfate for a 45-year old woman with Migraine Without Aura, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Major Depression, High Blood Pressure, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (pcos), Sweating, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Akathisia, Tinnitus Aggravated, Hypertonia
- A study of drug interactions between Propranolol Hydrochloride, Klonopin, Invega Sustenna for a 27-year old man with Anxiety Disorder, Schizophrenia. The patient has High Blood Pressure
Recent Propranolol hydrochloride related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Metoprolol Tartrate, Timolol Maleate, Propranolol Hydrochloride for a 65-year old woman who has Migraine - Classic
- Comparions of Metformin, Propranolol Hydrochloride for a 56-year old man who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Inderal, Nadolol for a 64-year old man who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Clonazepam, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Celexa, Lithium Carbonate for a 63-year old woman who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Topamax, Inderal, Percocet, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride for a 45-year old woman who has Chronic Pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.