Review: could Propranolol hydrochloride cause Bipolar i disorder?
Summary: Bipolar i disorder is reported only by a few people who take Propranolol hydrochloride.
We study 2,526 people who have side effects while taking Propranolol hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 3 have Bipolar i disorder. Find out below who they are, when they have Bipolar i disorder and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Propranolol hydrochloride and have Bipolar i disorder >>>
Propranolol hydrochloride has active ingredients of propranolol hydrochloride. It is often used in migraine. (latest outcomes from 3,360 Propranolol hydrochloride users)
Bipolar i disorder
Bipolar i disorder (mood disorder that is characterized by at least one manic or mixed episode) has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, multiple sclerosis, pain, sleep disorder. (latest reports from 9,912 Bipolar i disorder patients)
On Apr, 3, 2015: 2,520 people reported to have side effects when taking Propranolol hydrochloride. Among them, 3 people (0.12%) have Bipolar I Disorder.
Time on Propranolol hydrochloride when people have Bipolar i disorder * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Bipolar i disorder||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Bipolar i disorder when taking Propranolol hydrochloride * :
|Bipolar i disorder||0.00%||100.00% |
Age of people who have Bipolar i disorder when taking Propranolol hydrochloride * :
|Bipolar i disorder||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33% |
Severity of Bipolar i disorder when taking Propranolol hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Bipolar i disorder||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Bipolar i disorder ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Bipolar i disorder||0.00%||50.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar 1 (1 people, 33.33%)
- Unipolar depression (1 people, 33.33%)
- Tremor - essential (1 people, 33.33%)
- Muscle spasms (1 people, 33.33%)
- Tremor (1 people, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Glipizide (1 people, 33.33%)
- Synthroid (1 people, 33.33%)
- Valium (1 people, 33.33%)
- Lithium carbonate (1 people, 33.33%)
- Quetiapine fumarate (1 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Bipolar I Disorder while taking Propranolol Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Propranolol hydrochloride and have Bipolar I Disorder
- support group for people who take Propranolol hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Bipolar I Disorder
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Inderal for a 57-year old woman with Anxiety. The patient has High Potassium
- A study of drug interactions between Propranolol Hydrochloride, Clomipramine Hydrochloride for a 20-year old woman with Anxiety, Obsessive-compulsive Disorder. The patient has Cold Sweat
- A study of drug interactions between Propranolol Hydrochloride, Adderall 10, Adderall Xr 20, Risperdal for a 22-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Anxiety. The patient has Oculogyric Crisis
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Methylprednisolone, Cellcept, Propranolol Hydrochloride for a 70-year old woman with Hypothyroidism, Vasculitis, Heart Arrythmia. The patient has Adrenaline Surges With High Bp, Heart Arrythmias - Increase
- A study of side effects of Inderal for a 39-year old woman with Thyroid Disorder. The patient has Headache
Recent Propranolol hydrochloride related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.