Home > Propranolol hydrochloride > Bipolar i disorder > Propranolol hydrochloride and Bipolar i disorder
Review: could Propranolol hydrochloride cause Bipolar i disorder?
Summary: Bipolar i disorder is reported only by a few people who take Propranolol hydrochloride.
We study 2,482 people who have side effects while taking Propranolol hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 2 have Bipolar i disorder. Find out below who they are, when they have Bipolar i disorder and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Propranolol hydrochloride and have Bipolar i disorder >>>
Propranolol hydrochloride (latest outcomes from 3,316 users) has active ingredients of propranolol hydrochloride. It is often used in migraine.
Bipolar i disorder
Bipolar i disorder (mood disorder that is characterized by at least one manic or mixed episode) (latest reports from 9,879 patients) has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, multiple sclerosis, pain, sleep disorder.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 2,478 people reported to have side effects when taking Propranolol hydrochloride. Among them, 2 people (0.08%) have Bipolar I Disorder.
Time on Propranolol hydrochloride when people have Bipolar i disorder * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Bipolar i disorder||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Bipolar i disorder when taking Propranolol hydrochloride * :
|Bipolar i disorder||0.00%||100.00% |
Age of people who have Bipolar i disorder when taking Propranolol hydrochloride * :
|Bipolar i disorder||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
Severity of Bipolar i disorder when taking Propranolol hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Bipolar i disorder||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Bipolar i disorder ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Bipolar i disorder||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Tremor (1 people, 50.00%)
- Multiple sclerosis (1 people, 50.00%)
- Bipolar i disorder (1 people, 50.00%)
- Suicidal ideation (1 people, 50.00%)
- Generalised anxiety disorder (1 people, 50.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Florinef (1 people, 50.00%)
- Seroquel (1 people, 50.00%)
- Valium (1 people, 50.00%)
- Synthroid (1 people, 50.00%)
- Zocor (1 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Bipolar I Disorder while taking Propranolol Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Propranolol hydrochloride and have Bipolar I Disorder
- support group for people who take Propranolol hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Bipolar I Disorder
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I am on propranolol 10mg 3tad i now have a stomach bug and have been prescribed vancomycin, is it safe to take both together
(Asked by a 68 year old woman who has Essential Tremor, and takes Vancomycin Hydrochloride, Propranolol Hydrochloride)
I have a very bad stomach bug, can this be caused by use propranolol, and is it safe and will the vancomycin work, while i am taken propranolol
- Should i go to the emergency room for severe leg pain. i'm taking propranlol
(Asked by a 41 year old woman who has Severe Leg Pain, and takes Propranolol Hydrochloride)
Extremely soar legs. Soar throat, swollen thyroid, and headache.;
- Propranolo & pregabalin - do they produce heart troubles? my meds mix has
(Asked by a 46 year old man who has Angina, Panic, Anxiety, and takes Zopiclone, Pregabalin, Propranolol Hydrochloride)
Being on zopiclone 75mg (sleep med) gave me terrible poly/firbomyalgia, which I was then prescrbed pregabalin to aleviate pains and anxiety, and the propranolo to help with the same. On day one of propranolo I had a medium heart attack like event, within 24hrs had a large attack and became hospitali ...
- Is it safe to take propranolol with korean ginseng?
(Asked by a 61 year old man who takes Propranolol Hydrochloride)
Is it safe to take Propranolol with Korean Ginseng?
- Omeprazole or pantoprazole?
(Asked by a 39 year old woman who has Hormone Level Nos Abnormal, Hypothyroidism, Tinnitus, Migraine With Aura, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Insomnia, Ulcer - Stomach, and takes Lasix, Topamax, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Inderal, Pantoprazole)
I take an oral contraceptive, Diane-35 ED, which is not in the list of drugs to choose from on this site.
Recently, the medication I was taking for my stomach ulcer (Omeprazole) became unavailable in my country of residence and was replaced by Patoprazole. I started taking it yesterday morning a ...
More questions for: Propranolol hydrochloride, Bipolar i disorder
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Transition from mirtazapine to cymbalta (bipolar ii) 6 week duration taken in conjunction with seroquel, propranalol and implanon
(Posted by a 37 year old woman who has Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar 2, and takes Mirtazapine, Implanon, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Seroquel, Cymbalta)
In early September I approached my Psychiatrist to report that I was having sleep paralysis episodes as well as insatiable appetite. I had put on about 20lb in the space of 6 months since the sleep paralysis started.
My Psychiatrist opted to wean me off the Mirtazapine and onto Cymbalta. I have n ...
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Narcolepsy, Prinzmetal's Angina , Antiphospholipid Syndrome, High Blood Pressure, Obsessive-compulsive Personality Disorder, Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome, Migraine With Aura, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Bipolar I Disorder, and takes Benadryl, Baclofen, Plaquenil, Nitro-bid, Maxalt-mlt, Imitrex, Zofran Odt, Ms Contin, Clonidine, Amlodipine Besylate, Novolog Flexpen, Levemir Flexpen, Halcion, Valium, Primidone, Neurontin, Trileptal)
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Extreme tooth sensitivity after 5 years on lyrica
(Posted by a 48 year old woman who has Extreme Tooth Sensitivity, and takes Florinef, Propranolol Hydrochloride)
One year ago, after being on Lyrica for 5 years, I developed extreme tooth sensitivity. It came on very quickly to one tooth, then quickly spread to all of my top front 6 teeth and now the rest of my teeth are sensitive too. When I say sensitive, I mean that I can't even bite a banana using my front ...
- Good medication no side effects
(Posted by a 30 year old man who has Bipolar I Disorder, ED, and takes Viagra, Latuda, Valproate Sodium)
Best ever no side effects I love latuda it works for my bipolar disorder depression and viagra works with it
- Zopiclone causing sweating and memory loss
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Insomnia, Short-Term Memory Loss, Hyperlipidaemia, and takes Zopiclone, Donepezil, Atorvastatin Calcium, Aspirin, Folic Acid, Q10, Propranolol Hydrochloride)
Been on 10mg Zopivane for probably 5 - 10 years. In 2013 migrated to 15mg Zopiclone. Previously experienced hot flashes 3 times a week and in 2013 has increased to 3 to 5 times a night. Usually I have 3 hours sleep, then after midnight the flashed start. In the morning there are sopping wet clothe ...
More reviews for: Propranolol hydrochloride, Bipolar i disorder
- A study of drug interactions between Fish Oil, Biotin, Adrenal Cortex Extract, Dopamine Hydrochloride, Pancreatin, Fluoxetine, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Vitamin D, Vitamin C for a patient with Autoimmune Thyroiditis, Brittle Nails, Fatigue, Tremor, Pancreatic Enzymes Decreased, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Deficiency Anaemia, Hashish. The patient has Painful Abdomen, Bloating, Tenderness, Fluid Retention Weight Gain
Comments: 7 years ago confirmed high cortisol possible adrenal fatigue. hyperthryoid documented abdomenal pain mri negative on pituitary and abdomen
counselling and diet
today, internal tremors, reactive hypoglycemia, anemic, neuropathy, vitiligo, hypersensitivity, elevated tsh, hashimoto antibodies, ab ...
- A study of drug interactions between Xifaxan, Lidocaine, Vitamin D, Nasonex, Vitamin B12, Zenpep, Zomig, Nuvaring, Lorazepam, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Dilaudid, Fentanyl-25, Phenergan for a patient with Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth, Abdominal Pain, Vitamin D Decreased, Allergic Sinusitis, Anaemia Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Pancreas Transplant Rejection, Migraine, Birth Control, Anxiety Disorder, Neck Injury, Hypertension, Pain - Abdomen, Postoperative Adhesion, Nausea Postoperative. The patient has Iron Deficiency Anaemia, Abdominal Bloating, Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth, Insomnia, Fatigue - Chronic, Migraine, Joint Stiffness, Diarrhoea Post-operative, Reflux Gastritis, Neck Pain, Abdominal Pain, Chest Tightness, Sore Throat, Cough, Nausea Post-operative, Malaise, Chills, Night Sweats, Fever
Comments: History of comets Pancreas divisum, chronic & recurrent acute pancreatitis, gastric bile reflux
20+ ERCP/panc stents/sphincterotomies
Total Pancretectomy with auto islet cell transplant/splenectomy
Sub colectomy (80% of colon removed)
- A study of drug interactions between Propranolol Hydrochloride, Maxalt-mlt, Zoloft for a patient with Migraine, Depression And Anxiety. The patient has Sweating Increased, Insomnia, Dizziness, Fever
Comments: My doctor thought I maybe had an infection so he gave me some antibiotics. I have had this fever and overall feeling of being unwell for over a month. The antibiotics have done nothing and I'm not sure how much longer my body can take this. I'm only on 50mg, but it hasn't even made a tiny dent in my ...
- A study of side effects of Propranolol Hydrochloride for a patient with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Bladder Spasm
Comments: the pain is sometimes severe, sometimes there is no pain, sometimes urine burns, sometimes no pain at all, sometimes bladder feels full when there is actual little urine, I wake up to urinate more than 5 times a night
- A study of drug interactions between Methamphetamine Hydrochloride, Strattera, Ritalin, Phentermine, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Zorvolex, Olanzapine, Seroquel Xr, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Perindopril Erbumine, Lamotrigine, Mirtazapine for a patient with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Obesity, Insomnia, Arthritis, Generalised Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Bipolar 1, Major Depressive Disorder, Tachycardia, Sleeplessness, Diabetes, Obesity, Attention Deficit/hyperactivity Disorder, Insomnia, Generalised Anxiety Disorder
Comments: i'm pretty much the most comlex case 4 psychiatrists, 3 psychologists, a nuero scientist/adult mood disorder specialised doctor, 3 gp's, 2 naturopaths and an adhd specialist have ever come accross. i'm basically a pharmacy on legs with over 32types of medications tried in 13 months including those i ...
More related studies for: Propranolol hydrochloride, Bipolar i disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.