Review: could Propranolol hydrochloride cause Hypothyroidism?
Summary: Hypothyroidism is found among people who take Propranolol hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Fosamax, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 2,520 people who have side effects while taking Propranolol hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 13 have Hypothyroidism. Find out below who they are, when they have Hypothyroidism and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Propranolol hydrochloride and have Hypothyroidism >>>
Propranolol hydrochloride has active ingredients of propranolol hydrochloride. It is often used in migraine. (latest outcomes from 3,360 Propranolol hydrochloride users)
Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, osteopenia, depression, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 49,732 Hypothyroidism patients)
On Apr, 20, 2015: 2,520 people reported to have side effects when taking Propranolol hydrochloride. Among them, 13 people (0.52%) have Hypothyroidism.
Time on Propranolol hydrochloride when people have Hypothyroidism * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Hypothyroidism when taking Propranolol hydrochloride * :
Age of people who have Hypothyroidism when taking Propranolol hydrochloride * :
Severity of Hypothyroidism when taking Propranolol hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Hypothyroidism ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (4 people, 30.77%)
- Lipids (3 people, 23.08%)
- Anaemia (3 people, 23.08%)
- Bone density decreased (3 people, 23.08%)
- Hypertension (3 people, 23.08%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Fosamax (4 people, 30.77%)
- Aspirin (4 people, 30.77%)
- Zocor (4 people, 30.77%)
- Allopurinol (3 people, 23.08%)
- Dyrenium (3 people, 23.08%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of propranolol hydrochloride and hypothyroidism on
Do you have Hypothyroidism while taking Propranolol Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Propranolol hydrochloride and have Hypothyroidism
- support group for people who take Propranolol hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Hypothyroidism
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Elmiron, Cyproheptadine Hydrochloride, Ibuprofen, Zantac, Omeprazole, Gildess Fe 1/20, Plaquenil, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Wellbutrin Xl, Celexa, Provigil for a 37-year old woman with Interstitial Cystitis (IC), Hives, Joint Pain, Gerd, Menstruation Irregular, Lupus, Anxiety, Nightmare, Depression. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Elmiron, Cyproheptadine Hydrochloride, Junel Fe 1/20, Zantac, Omeprazole, Ibuprofen, Plaquenil, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Wellbutrin Xl, Celexa, Modafinil for a 37-year old woman with Interstitial Cystitis (ic), Hives, Menstruation Irregular, Gerd, Joint Pain, Lupus, Nightmare, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Energy Increased. The patient has Frequent Headaches, Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Trazodone Hydrochloride, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Valsartan And Hydrochlorothiazide, Triglide, Bactrim, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Plavix, Mirapex for a 58-year old woman with Insomnia, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, High Blood Pressure, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Sinusitis, Diastolic Dysfunction, Tia, Rls. The patient has Nausea, Headache, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Body Temperature Decreased
- A study of side effects of Propranolol Hydrochloride for a 59-year old man with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Vertigo Aggravated
- A study of side effects of Inderal for a 57-year old woman with Anxiety. The patient has High Potassium
Recent Propranolol hydrochloride related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.