Review: could Propranolol hydrochloride cause Stomach pain (Abdominal pain)?
Summary: Stomach pain is found among people who take Propranolol hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 2,520 people who have side effects while taking Propranolol hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 39 have Stomach pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Stomach pain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Propranolol hydrochloride and have Stomach pain >>>
Propranolol hydrochloride has active ingredients of propranolol hydrochloride. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 3,356 Propranolol hydrochloride users)
Stomach pain has been reported by people with birth control, crohn's disease, high blood pressure, pain, depression. (latest reports from 78,069 Stomach pain patients)
On Apr, 1, 2015: 2,520 people reported to have side effects when taking Propranolol hydrochloride. Among them, 39 people (1.55%) have Stomach Pain.
Time on Propranolol hydrochloride when people have Stomach pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Stomach pain||33.33%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||16.67%||0.00%||16.67% |
Gender of people who have Stomach pain when taking Propranolol hydrochloride * :
|Stomach pain||76.32%||23.68% |
Age of people who have Stomach pain when taking Propranolol hydrochloride * :
|Stomach pain||0.00%||5.41%||2.70%||8.11%||8.11%||18.92%||24.32%||32.43% |
Severity of Stomach pain when taking Propranolol hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Stomach pain||0.00%||80.00%||20.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Stomach pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Stomach pain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (3 people, 7.69%)
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension (3 people, 7.69%)
- Intermittent claudication (3 people, 7.69%)
- Cardiac disorder (3 people, 7.69%)
- Peripheral vascular disorder (3 people, 7.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (8 people, 20.51%)
- Furosemide (6 people, 15.38%)
- Lorazepam (5 people, 12.82%)
- Prednisone (5 people, 12.82%)
- Meloxicam (4 people, 10.26%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of propranolol hydrochloride and stomach pain on
Do you have Stomach Pain while taking Propranolol Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Propranolol hydrochloride and have Stomach Pain
- support group for people who take Propranolol hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Stomach Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Seroquel Xr for a 41-year old woman with Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Sleepy, Abdominal Pain, Headache (pain in head)
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Methylprednisolone, Cellcept, Propranolol Hydrochloride for a 70-year old woman with Hypothyroidism, Vasculitis, Heart Arrythmia. The patient has Adrenaline Surges With High Bp, Heart Arrythmias - Increase
- A study of side effects of Wellbutrin for a 34-year old woman with Depression. The patient has Stomach Pain
- A study of side effects of Inderal for a 39-year old woman with Thyroid Disorder. The patient has Headache (pain in head)
- A study of drug interactions between Ditropan, Macrodantin for a 62-year old woman with Paraplegia, Urinary Tract Infection. The patient has Diarrhoea, Abdominal Cramps
Recent Propranolol hydrochloride related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Metoprolol Tartrate, Timolol Maleate, Propranolol Hydrochloride for a 65-year old woman who has Migraine - Classic
- Comparions of Metformin, Propranolol Hydrochloride for a 56-year old man who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Inderal, Nadolol for a 64-year old man who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Clonazepam, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Celexa, Lithium Carbonate for a 63-year old woman who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Topamax, Inderal, Percocet, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride for a 45-year old woman who has Chronic Pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.