Review: could Propranolol hydrochloride cause Upset stomach (Nausea and vomiting)?
Summary: Upset stomach is found among people who take Propranolol hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Potassium chloride, and have High blood pressure.
We study 2,520 people who have side effects while taking Propranolol hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 72 have Upset stomach. Find out below who they are, when they have Upset stomach and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Propranolol hydrochloride and have Upset stomach >>>
Propranolol hydrochloride has active ingredients of propranolol hydrochloride. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 3,356 Propranolol hydrochloride users)
Upset stomach has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, depression, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 142,490 Upset stomach patients)
On Apr, 1, 2015: 2,520 people reported to have side effects when taking Propranolol hydrochloride. Among them, 72 people (2.86%) have Upset Stomach.
Time on Propranolol hydrochloride when people have Upset stomach * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Upset stomach||12.50%||62.50%||12.50%||12.50%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Upset stomach when taking Propranolol hydrochloride * :
|Upset stomach||77.03%||22.97% |
Age of people who have Upset stomach when taking Propranolol hydrochloride * :
|Upset stomach||1.41%||5.63%||1.41%||7.04%||12.68%||12.68%||18.31%||40.85% |
Severity of Upset stomach when taking Propranolol hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Upset stomach||16.67%||50.00%||33.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Upset stomach ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Upset stomach||0.00%||50.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (7 people, 9.72%)
- Hepatitis c (6 people, 8.33%)
- Migraine (6 people, 8.33%)
- Anxiety (5 people, 6.94%)
- Pain (5 people, 6.94%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Potassium chloride (8 people, 11.11%)
- Aspirin (8 people, 11.11%)
- Omeprazole (8 people, 11.11%)
- Furosemide (7 people, 9.72%)
- Prilosec (7 people, 9.72%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Upset Stomach while taking Propranolol Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Propranolol hydrochloride and have Upset Stomach
- support group for people who take Propranolol hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Upset Stomach
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Ativan, Methadone Hydrochloride, Percocet, Tizanidine Hydrochloride for a 37-year old woman with PTSD, Spinal Cord Injury Cervical, Spinal Osteoarthritis. The patient has Restlessness Aggravated, Restless Legs Syndrome, Movement - Uncontrollable, Pain - Leg, Nausea And Vomiting, Vomiting, Abdominal Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Nitrostat, Ondansetron, Oxycodone, Actemra, Nasonex, Spiriva, Victoza, Arava, Diovan Hct, Lipitor, Ranexa, Lantus Solostar, Wellbutrin Xl, Tricor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Xarelto for a 71-year old woman with Influenza B, Copd, Angina, Nausea And Vomiting, Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rhinitis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Stop Smoking, Blood Clots. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Neuropathy, Tinnitus, Loss Of Coordination, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Loss, Appetite - Decreased, Diarrhea, Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Dilaudid, Albuterol, Dronabinol, Cyproheptadine Hydrochloride, Tramadol, Phenergan for a 45-year old woman with Pain - Abdomen, Gerd, Increased Appetite, Nausea, Pain, Nausea And Vomiting. The patient has Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Methylprednisolone, Cellcept, Propranolol Hydrochloride for a 70-year old woman with Hypothyroidism, Vasculitis, Heart Arrythmia. The patient has Adrenaline Surges With High Bp, Heart Arrythmias - Increase
- A study of side effects of Ceftriaxone for a 77-year old woman with Infection - Kidney. The patient has Nausea And Vomiting, Elevated Liver Enzymes (high liver enzymes), Liver Cirrhosis (end result of chronic liver damage caused by chronic liver disease), Emboli (a blood clot, air bubble, piece of fatty deposit, or other object that has been carried in the bloodstream), Gallstones (stone formation by bile component)
Recent Propranolol hydrochloride related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.