Review: could Protonix cause Anxiety (Stress and anxiety)?
Summary: Anxiety is found among people who take Protonix, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Zometa, and have Pain.
We study 34,678 people who have side effects while taking Protonix from FDA and social media. Among them, 3,079 have Anxiety. Find out below who they are, when they have Anxiety and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Protonix and have Anxiety >>>
Protonix has active ingredients of pantoprazole sodium. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from Protonix 35,598 users)
Anxiety has been reported by people with depression, stress and anxiety, quit smoking, multiple sclerosis, pain.(latest reports from Anxiety 197,075 patients)
On Dec, 14, 2014: 34,678 people reported to have side effects when taking Protonix. Among them, 3,079 people (8.88%) have Anxiety.
Time on Protonix when people have Anxiety * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Anxiety when taking Protonix * :
Age of people who have Anxiety when taking Protonix * :
Severity of Anxiety when taking Protonix ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Anxiety ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (364 people, 11.82%)
- Multiple myeloma (305 people, 9.91%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (279 people, 9.06%)
- Depression (251 people, 8.15%)
- Anxiety (240 people, 7.79%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (1,157 people, 37.58%)
- Aspirin (968 people, 31.44%)
- Lasix (866 people, 28.13%)
- Aredia (774 people, 25.14%)
- Ambien (732 people, 23.77%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Anxiety while taking Protonix?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Protonix and have Anxiety
- support group for people who take Protonix
- support group for people who have Anxiety
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does doxepin cause abdominal adhesions?
Have had adhesions and still taking doxepin. Need the doxepin, but worry about more adhesions
- Can nuvigil (vs adderall) be used simultaneously to help wean off 60mg/day of adderall? (1 answer)
I have been on Adderall 30mg 2x daily for years!! I've had it lowered to 20mg, I've TRIED to go months without it (when not working) however I feel I've built up a tolerance level to the point that it's not as effective as it once was. My personal life has detoured WAY past anything an ADHD medication can possibly help as far as focusing on NEEDED tasks etc. I end up feeling wrapped up in what I'm doing at the moment that my anxiety increases due to all that I haven't been able to accomplish. I take various medications for various reasons, depression, anxiety, bulimia etc., and for the most part the doses have varied based on circumstances and current need at said time of prescription.. MY FAMILY HAS A HISTORY OF HEART DISEASE, And realizing that I'm already on the highest Adderall dosage scares me (and THEN as I think about it, it makes my heart race!). I've also noticed increased muscle spasms as well as extreme and intense pressure on my jaw (TMJ). MY QUESTION IS: does anyone have any experience LOWERING their Adderall dosage AND adding Nuvigil? The research I've done to date gives me impression that it could help balance out the more extreme effects of Adderall (60mg/day) but that the nuvigil would or could potentially help with the EXTREME exhaustion I feel as Adderall wears off. Some days I just crash, some days I sleep fine and others no matter how hard I tryyyy, I just CAN'T fall asleep, therefore making the next day worse! IDEALLY I'D LIKE TO BE MED FREE, right now I need them, but am hoping maybe I can speak with my doctor to lower Adderall and add Nuvigil to help wean me off the amphetamines as well as lower dosage intake. YES, a lot of the anxiety, sleeplessness and depression are related to current circumstances in my life, however, where I am is not where I want to be or where I'm headed.. Life is a journey, and all my meds have become a part of a journey I never thought I'd find myself taking. I don't want life/meds to define me, or create a me I no longer recognize, because scarily enough that seems to be a common pattern. As I overcome each and every daily obstacle, I also don't want to be "hooked" on my meds or needing "more" to wake up/sleep/function.. I'd like to work on finding a solution towards weaning off my meds NOW, and work my way off slowly, primarily the Adderall. I'm hoping by suggesting to my doctor and showing him my research he may agree (IF ITS EVEN A LOGICAL COMBO, CLEARLY IM NOT A DOCTOR) nuvigil could help me. I've already started taking less of my anti depressants, trazadone and xanax without discussing with doc because he is always busy.. My next appt I want to go in fully prepared with a plan and an overall goal to REDUCE my Adderall dose, but overall, I'm clueless!!! I have no idea what other meds other than nuvigil "could" potentially help if at all. I could be entirely wrong, Anyone with any experience using one vs other or both simultaneously, or anyone with constructive input, PLEASE COMMENT/SHARE!!
- Is type 2 diabetes reversible after stopping plavix after a year being on the drug?
Can any Plavix, Protonix or Metoprolol can type 2 diabetes and can it be reversible after stopping the meds? I experience severe leg cramps in my muscles. I was on Atorvastatin for high cholesterol for 8 months before being taken off. If anyone can answer any of my questions it will be greatly appreciated.
- Can i take my ativan if i'm taking phenteremine? (1 answer)
I just started taking phenteremine and I can't sleep. I take it at 6 am
Am I able to take an Ativan at bed time?
- I was jut diagnosed with autoimmune hepatitis. i called my doctor's office today to ask what otc pain reliever i could take for joint pain. the nurse said i should take only tylenol. is this correct?
Information on the web says Tylenol is known to cause autoimmune hepatitis. I am concerned that my doctor's nurse had instructed me to take it. I was hoping it would be safe to take Alive.
More questions for: Protonix, Anxiety
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Zoplicine /and /xanax taken together
I am wondering if zopocline is compatible with Xanax. I have taken the together and had no adverse effects. Has any had this experience?
- Lipitor and panic attack insomnia
My doctor put me on generic lipitor my triglycerides were slightly high 158 vs 150 goal and cholesterol not bad 128/28 although my ratio is bad. After less than a week on the medicine I woke up at 3 am wide awake and unable to calm down. I had anxiety issues several years go but have been off the meds for several years, I have a lot on my mind, aging parents and mother in law, kids in college that are struggling, my wife and I are 55 in corporate America, getting pushed aside, what to do in retirement, etc..but I was keeping it all together. I have incredibly anxious since that night. Still waking up at 3 am every night. Initially lots of thoughts about my loved ones dying. Thoughts about either my wife or I living alone, these thoughts have faded. None of the issues are on my mind but I get crazy anxious and cannot be alone. I am able to fall asleep, actually fall out really hard. Wake up every night at 3 and end up very anxious by noon. No appetite, lost more than 10 lbs in 10 days. On some meds to calm down and back on the anxiety meds. I believe the Lipitor triggered the attacks. I stopped the Lipitor immediately.
- Prednisone side effects (1 response)
Took this for 6 days, tapering at the end to treat a rash caused by a spider bite. The heartburn started on day 1 but the other symptoms didn't begin until day 4. None we're severe but they weren't fun either. The blurred vision was worst.
- Skyrocketing cholesterol 6 mo on pantoprazole
My primary care physician prescribed pantoprazole 40 mg per day in mid November 2013 and at the same time gave me results of my lipid panel telling me I should improve my cholesterol and tryglyceride numbers. He also prescribed Omega 3 supplements 2000 mg/day, along with dietary modifications. In June 2014, my lipid panel was rerun. Cholesterol increased by 60, tryglycerides increased by 800. Yes, 800. HDLs dropped by 5. Cholesterol ratio was 9.0 despite my adherence to prescribed regimen. I had also gone to a GI to confirm stomach ulcer being treated by pantoprazole. Asked about long term use. He said as a PPI it was among the safest medications that could be prescribed and that I could take it indefinitely if needed. No one ever told me pantoprazole could increase cholesterol.
- Pantoprazole dry eyes
started at 5 days after starting the treatment. no other medications or suplements taken. tear drops do not help. putting a tiny amount of stJohn's worth oil at the bottom of the eyes provokes tears and gives a better result. will consider changing the medication for my acid reflux condition.
More reviews for: Protonix, Anxiety
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Has complained of dizziness since she has been on all her meds and has fallen several times.. Have been concerned about her dizziness and have brought it up to her Dr.'s but since all her med's can make you dizzy they don't seem to be concerned and aren't willing to change any of them. Just started ...
- Had stomach adhesions in April, 2014 - subsided after 3 days in hospital. Tried to get off doxepin, but felt overwhelmed with anxiety -family doctor put me back on Doxepin after trying other anti-anxiety meds. What are chances that Doxepin caused adhesions?
- Hands and feet always cold, even in hot weather. Smallest toe specifically gets numb. Feeling overwhelmed in large crowds or small spaces. Overthinking and anxiety all the time. Sweating even in cold weather. Panic attacks weekly. Get scared easily, jump when a loud sudden noise appears. Can't sleep ...
- I have OCD but after I started Zonegram 50mg bd 3 days ago, I have noticed my anxiety getting increasingly worse and I had a severe panic attack yesterday. The Zonegram has also decreased the severe paranoia I feel with the ketamine but it has introduced some memory loss. Otherwise I feel the best I ...
- Ive been dizzy and lightheaded for 2 days . It moves from the back of my head to the front. I feel alot of pressure. I take a .5 mg of lexapro at noon daily. I split .25 xanax in half and take half in the morning and half at night before bed to help me sleep.
the symptoms get worse whenIm at work, ...
More related studies for: Protonix, Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.