Review: could Protonix cause Anxiety?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 4, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.8/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 34,591 people who take Protonix. Among them, 3,065 have Anxiety. See who they are, when they have Anxiety and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Protonix (latest outcomes from 35,496 users) has active ingredients of pantoprazole sodium. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease, gastric ulcer. Commonly reported side effects of Protonix include nausea, nausea aggravated, pain exacerbated, pain, acupuncture and pain.
Anxiety (latest reports from 1,275,500 patients) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, stress and anxiety, multiple sclerosis, pain.
On Feb, 24, 2014: 33,103 people reported to have side effects when taking Protonix. Among them, 2,882 people (8.71%) have Anxiety.
Time on Protonix when people have Anxiety * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Anxiety when taking Protonix * :
Age of people who have Anxiety when taking Protonix * :
Severity of Anxiety when taking Protonix ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Anxiety ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (345 people, 11.97%)
- Multiple myeloma (292 people, 10.13%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (260 people, 9.02%)
- Depression (247 people, 8.57%)
- Anxiety (231 people, 8.02%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (1,091 people, 37.86%)
- Aspirin (933 people, 32.37%)
- Lasix (830 people, 28.80%)
- Aredia (745 people, 25.85%)
- Ambien (695 people, 24.12%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Protonix, Anxiety
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Protonix (pantoprazole sodium) is often used for gastroesophageal reflux disease. Find out below the conditions Protonix is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Protonix used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Protonix side effects from A to Z:
Browse Protonix drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 months ago):
I'm interested in knowing if Seroquel can exacerbate my cluster headaches.
From this study (4 months ago):
The movement in my feet and ankles are constant and have now progressed up to my groin. I have the constant urge to move my hips and contract genital muscles as if having to go pee or on verge of orgasm.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Protonix, Anxiety
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Ocd / anxiety sufferer
I have the following 'fake' symptoms because of my OCD/anxiety:
- neck stiffness
- scalp pain
- memory problems
- Insomnia from warfarin sodium?
Knee replacement two months ago and taking coumadin (warfarin, 6 mg daily). Had problems sleeping at night I initially attributed to some discomfort with knee replacement. At rehab location for three weeks then came home. Hard time sleeping at night. Watch TV most of night. Some anxiety and would ...
- Mirena and iritis connection??
Was healthy 31yrway old with 3mothe baby when iritis began. It lasted nearly 15moas never fully healing before flaring again. Otho considered Methotrexate it was so bad and life altering buying was breast feeding. Maybe could have treated differently if not nursing but with my baby's GI issues breas ...
More reviews for: Protonix, Anxiety
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Protonix, Tramadol, Alprazolam, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Levothyroxine Sodium, Prempro, Carafate, Celexa, Treximet, Promethegan, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride for a patient with Heartburn - Chronic, Pain, Anxiety And Stress, Blood Pressure Increased, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone-producing Pituitary Tumour, Hormone Level Abnormal, Migraine, Nausea, Muscle Strain. The patient has Nausea, Pain Exacerbated, Anxiety (Stress and anxiety), Migraine, Hormone Level Abnormal, Low Thyroid (Hypothyroidism), Blood Pressure Increased (High blood pressure), Heartburn - Chronic (Gastroesophageal reflux disease)
- A study of drug interactions between Protonix, Buspar, Valium, Effexor Xr, Seroquel for a patient with GERD, Anxiety, Chronic Depression. The patient has Gerd (Gastroesophageal reflux disease), Anxiety (Stress and anxiety), Depression, Cluster Headache
- A study of drug interactions between Omega-3, Pantoprazole, Hydrochlorothiazide, Vyvanse, Zoloft for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Reflux Gastritis, High Blood Pressure, Adhd, Depression - Major. The patient has Adhd (Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder), Ptsd (Post-traumatic stress disorder), Major Depression, Anxiety And Stress (Stress and anxiety), Dry Eye Syndrome, Dry Mouth, Uncontrolled Movements (Movement - uncontrollable), Sweating Fever
More related studies for: Protonix, Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.