Protonix and Dyspepsia - from FDA reports
Dyspepsia is found among people who take Protonix, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Nexium, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Dyspepsia with Protonix. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 53,504 people who have side effects when taking Protonix from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 23, 2017
53,504 people reported to have side effects when taking Protonix.
Among them, 1,178 people (2.2%) have Dyspepsia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Protonix when people have Dyspepsia *:
- < 1 month: 58.33 %
- 1 - 6 months: 13.89 %
- 6 - 12 months: 2.78 %
- 1 - 2 years: 8.33 %
- 2 - 5 years: 13.89 %
- 5 - 10 years: 2.78 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Dyspepsia when taking Protonix *:
- female: 69.63 %
- male: 30.37 %
Age of people who have Dyspepsia when taking Protonix *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.22 %
- 10-19: 1.75 %
- 20-29: 3.6 %
- 30-39: 6.99 %
- 40-49: 18.45 %
- 50-59: 25.87 %
- 60+: 43.12 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (114 people, 9.68%)
- Pain (89 people, 7.56%)
- Osteoporosis (63 people, 5.35%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (61 people, 5.18%)
- Multiple Myeloma (60 people, 5.09%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Nexium (207 people, 17.57%)
- Ambien (186 people, 15.79%)
- Zometa (177 people, 15.03%)
- Aspirin (147 people, 12.48%)
- Prilosec (143 people, 12.14%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (427 people, 36.25%)
- Stress And Anxiety (317 people, 26.91%)
- Pain (315 people, 26.74%)
- Nausea And Vomiting (290 people, 24.62%)
- Chest Pain (272 people, 23.09%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Dyspepsia when taking Protonix?
- Check symptoms - is dyspepsia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsDyspepsia and drugs with ingredients of pantoprazole sodium.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDyspepsia and Protonix from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Protonix has active ingredients of pantoprazole sodium. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from Protonix 55,370 users)
Dyspepsia (indigestion) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, type 2 diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, depression (latest reports from 86,781 Dyspepsia patients).
Browse all side effects of Protonixa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with DyspepsiaDyspepsia
Could your condition cause DyspepsiaDyspepsia
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Daily, I have been taking Lexapro for 11 years; Protonix for 5 years; and Wellbutrin for 6 months. For debilitating pain in my left knee, which has had three major surgeries, including a bone graft, I take Vicodin, 750 mg. If I need a Vicodin, I will take it before bed. Recently, I experienced ...
User reviews to the study
I am 75 and have started experiencing bronchospasm following dyspepsia. I could not catch my breath last night and it is the first time I have felt I would die imminently. I made myself try to relax which was not easy , facing suffocation. Eventually i caught my breath . My husband was out of ...
Help...I have just been diagnosed with osteoporosis of the spine with fractures. I am in a lot pain...and I have taken take protonix for over 10 yrs... Any suggestion on treatment ...all the doctors want to do is push pain meds at me..
Hi, I have been on hydroxyurea for about 18 years and constantly have indigestion but without acid reflux, does anyone else have this happen to them ?. If so what do you take to help with the symptoms. Would appreciate any feedback back. Cheers Debbie