Review: could Protonix cause Gastric polyps?
Summary: Gastric polyps is found among people who take Protonix, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Zometa, and have Metastases to bone.
We study 34,693 people who have side effects while taking Protonix from FDA and social media. Among them, 85 have Gastric polyps. Find out below who they are, when they have Gastric polyps and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Protonix and have Gastric polyps >>>
Protonix has active ingredients of pantoprazole sodium. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from 35,615 Protonix users)
Gastric polyps (abnormal growth of stomach tissue projecting from a mucous membrane) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, gastrooesophageal reflux disease, osteopenia, high blood pressure, metastases to bone. (latest reports from 1,115 Gastric polyps patients)
On Feb, 27, 2015: 34,688 people reported to have side effects when taking Protonix. Among them, 85 people (0.25%) have Gastric Polyps.
Time on Protonix when people have Gastric polyps * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Gastric polyps||0.00%||0.00%||22.22%||0.00%||11.11%||66.67%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Gastric polyps when taking Protonix * :
|Gastric polyps||46.51%||53.49% |
Age of people who have Gastric polyps when taking Protonix * :
|Gastric polyps||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||15.94%||40.58%||43.48% |
Severity of Gastric polyps when taking Protonix ** :
How people recovered from Gastric polyps ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Metastases to bone (18 people, 21.18%)
- Multiple myeloma (16 people, 18.82%)
- Osteoporosis (7 people, 8.24%)
- Osteopenia (6 people, 7.06%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (5 people, 5.88%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (55 people, 64.71%)
- Aredia (55 people, 64.71%)
- Adriamycin pfs (40 people, 47.06%)
- Prevacid (37 people, 43.53%)
- Cymbalta (37 people, 43.53%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of protonix and gastric polyps on
Do you have Gastric Polyps while taking Protonix?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Protonix and have Gastric Polyps
- support group for people who take Protonix
- support group for people who have Gastric Polyps
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Promethazine Hydrochloride And Codeine Phosphate, Pravachol, Protonix, Cozaar, Celexa, Coreg, Symbicort, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Albuterol Sulfate for a 71-year old woman with Cough, Hypercholesterolemia, Gerd, Cardiac Disorder, Depression, Dyspnea. The patient has Pancytopenia
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Levonorgestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol, Myrbetriq, Carafate, Protonix, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Lyrica, Rifampin, Cefuroxime, Xanax for a 39-year old woman with Low Vitamin D, Ovarian Cyst, Bladder, Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric, Muscle Relaxer, Neuropathy, Lyme Disease - Chronic Persistent, Anxiety.
- A study of drug interactions between Acidophilus Lactobacillus, Benicar Hct, Pantoprazole for a 58-year old woman with Bowel Movement Irregularity, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled, Indigestion. The patient has Back Pain, Nausea, Leg Cramping, Tongue Irritation, Insomnia, Itching
- A study of drug interactions between Zocor, Xanax, Zoloft, Levothyroxine Sodium, Protonix for a 64-year old woman with Total Cholesterol, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Hyperthyroidism, Reflux Gastritis. The patient has Itching
- A study of drug interactions between Tikosyn, Pantoprazole, Lisinopril, Baby Aspirin, Centrum Silver, Potassium Chloride, Clonazepam, Eliquis, Lasix for a 46-year old woman with Afif, Cardiac Ablation, Hypertension, Stroke Secondary To Atrial Fibrillation, Vitamin C And Colds, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Stress And Anxiety, Jet Lag. The patient has Svt, Nsvt, Dizziness, Chest Discomfort
Recent Protonix related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Clarithromycin, Aspirin, Pantoprazole for a 32-year old man who has Gastroduodenal Ulcer
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Pantoprazole for a 63-year old woman who has GE Reflux
- Comparions of Prilosec Otc, Lansoprazole, Pantoprazole for a 60-year old woman who has Acid Reflux
- Comparions of Pantoprazole Sodium, Paroxetine Hydrochloride for a 48-year old man who has Dariusz
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Pantoprazole, Aldactone, Lasix, Remodulin for a 70-year old woman who has Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.