Home > Protonix > Gastric polyps > Protonix and Gastric polyps
Review: could Protonix cause Gastric polyps?
Summary: Gastric polyps is found among people who take Protonix, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Zometa, and have Metastases to bone.
We study 34,674 people who have side effects while taking Protonix from FDA and social media. Among them, 85 have Gastric polyps. Find out below who they are, when they have Gastric polyps and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Protonix and have Gastric polyps >>>
Protonix (latest outcomes from 35,594 users) has active ingredients of pantoprazole sodium. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease.
Gastric polyps (abnormal growth of stomach tissue projecting from a mucous membrane) (latest reports from 9,811 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, gastrooesophageal reflux disease, osteopenia, high blood pressure, metastases to bone.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 34,668 people reported to have side effects when taking Protonix. Among them, 85 people (0.25%) have Gastric Polyps.
Time on Protonix when people have Gastric polyps * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Gastric polyps||0.00%||0.00%||22.22%||0.00%||11.11%||66.67%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Gastric polyps when taking Protonix * :
|Gastric polyps||46.51%||53.49% |
Age of people who have Gastric polyps when taking Protonix * :
|Gastric polyps||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||15.94%||40.58%||43.48% |
Severity of Gastric polyps when taking Protonix ** :
How people recovered from Gastric polyps ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Metastases to bone (18 people, 21.18%)
- Multiple myeloma (16 people, 18.82%)
- Osteoporosis (7 people, 8.24%)
- Osteopenia (6 people, 7.06%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (5 people, 5.88%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (55 people, 64.71%)
- Aredia (55 people, 64.71%)
- Adriamycin pfs (40 people, 47.06%)
- Prevacid (37 people, 43.53%)
- Cymbalta (37 people, 43.53%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Gastric Polyps while taking Protonix?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Protonix and have Gastric Polyps
- support group for people who take Protonix
- support group for people who have Gastric Polyps
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is type 2 diabetes reversible after stopping plavix after a year being on the drug?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Heart Attack With Stents, and takes Metoprolol Tartrate, Protonix, Plavix)
Can any Plavix, Protonix or Metoprolol can type 2 diabetes and can it be reversible after stopping the meds? I experience severe leg cramps in my muscles. I was on Atorvastatin for high cholesterol for 8 months before being taken off. If anyone can answer any of my questions it will be greatly appre ...
- I was jut diagnosed with autoimmune hepatitis. i called my doctor's office today to ask what otc pain reliever i could take for joint pain. the nurse said i should take only tylenol. is this correct?
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has GERD, Autoimmune Hepatitis, and takes Protonix)
Information on the web says Tylenol is known to cause autoimmune hepatitis. I am concerned that my doctor's nurse had instructed me to take it. I was hoping it would be safe to take Alive.
- Can this medication cause the ears to ring?
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Protonix)
I developed tinnitus about one year ago. I understand that there is no cure for it. I'm researching it myself. I'm also in a research program that requires me to wear small ear generators. It doesn't seem to help at this time.
- I am suffering from gerd, should i continue my pantoprazole medicines of shall i go for surgery.. i have to eat medicine twice a week
(Asked by a 27 year old man who has GERD, and takes Rabeprazole, Pantoprazole)
I am 26, unmarried & a salesperson, i drive almost 100km a day(4 hours) , i spend most of time sitting in the car or in the office. I have the heartburn issue(GERD) & from last 6 months as consulted by doctor i am taking Pantoprazole medicines. 1 tablet effect last for 3 days. Now should i go ...
- Do the side effects of prolia either stop or lessen over the 6 month period between injections?
(Asked by a 67 year old woman who has Back Pain, Acid Reflux, Fatigue, Abdominal Pain, Osteoarthritis Generalised, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Itching, Weight Gain, Hot Flush, Musculoskeletal Discomfort, Pain - Abdomen, and takes Feraheme, Pantoprazole, Prolia)
I am wondering if the side effects of Prolia go away or lessen during the six months it is taken for.
More questions for: Protonix, Gastric polyps
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Skyrocketing cholesterol 6 mo on pantoprazole
(Posted by a 60 year old woman who has 1127 Tryglcerides After 7 Months Daily 40 Mg, Ultra High Cholesterol Levels 334 Cholesterol After 7 Months Daily 40 Mg, and takes Pantoprazole)
My primary care physician prescribed pantoprazole 40 mg per day in mid November 2013 and at the same time gave me results of my lipid panel telling me I should improve my cholesterol and tryglyceride numbers. He also prescribed Omega 3 supplements 2000 mg/day, along with dietary modifications. In Ju ...
- Pantoprazole dry eyes
(Posted by a 47 year old man who has Dry Eyes, and takes Pantoprazole)
started at 5 days after starting the treatment. no other medications or suplements taken. tear drops do not help. putting a tiny amount of stJohn's worth oil at the bottom of the eyes provokes tears and gives a better result. will consider changing the medication for my acid reflux condition.
- Pantopraz sod 40mg,retaining alot of fluids
(Posted by a 46 year old man who has Water Retention, and takes Pantoprazole)
I am retaining a lot of fluids from my hips and down to my feet and believe its from taking pantoprazole,and I mean everything,its scary,has anyone been down this road?
- Mirena and iritis connection??
(Posted by a 35 year old woman who has Chronic Iritis, Intolerable Uterine Cramping /pain, and takes Mirena, Pantoprazole Sodium)
Was healthy 31yrway old with 3mothe baby when iritis began. It lasted nearly 15moas never fully healing before flaring again. Otho considered Methotrexate it was so bad and life altering buying was breast feeding. Maybe could have treated differently if not nursing but with my baby's GI issues breas ...
More reviews for: Protonix, Gastric polyps
- A study of drug interactions between Butrans, Pantoprazole, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Celexa, Topiramate, Roxicodone for a patient with Chronic Pain From Herniated Disks, Hiatal Hernea Symptoms: Acid Reflux, Depression, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Chronic Pain. The patient has Hernia - Hiatal, Constipation, Heartburn - Chronic, Abdominal Bloating, Abdominal Pain
Comments: I was diagnosed with hiatal hernea 5 years ago via an endoscopy, which was done due to chronic complaints of the feeling of choking on "a ball of phlem in my throat", which turned out to be acid due to hernea. I have been taking pantoprazole nightly since then and it helps immensely. I have acid i ...
- A study of drug interactions between Protonix, Lactulose, Potassium Chloride 20meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container, Atrovent, Advair Diskus 250/50, Lasix, Seroquel, Xanax, Percocet for a patient with Acid Reflux, High Blood Sugar, Low Blood Potassium, Copd, High Blood Pressure, Mood Disorder, Anxiety Disorder, Arthritis. The patient has Co2, Ammonia Increased, Ammonia Increased
Comments: Was taken to the hospital by daughter because of dementia type symptoms while on pain meds for back and being a heavy smoker. Was diagnosed in the hospital with COPD and aspiration pneumonia. Was put on Bi-pap machine but confusion symptoms did not improve. Ammonia levels were checked and were in t ...
- A study of side effects of Protonix for a patient with GERD. The patient has Pain - Joints
Comments: I have taken Pfizer Generic Pantoprazole sodium 40 MG for a month or more when needed for Gerd no side effects for a long time (has the same exact Ingrediants as the Name Brand according to Pfizer) My HMO did not have that brand Generic so I got Pfizer Name Brand It works great but I am having Sever ...
- A study of drug interactions between Saw Palmetto, Flaxseed Oil, Vitamin E, Glucosamine, Calcium Citrate, Multivitamin, Clotrimazole, Metronidazole, Pantoprazole, Tamsulosin, Zetia for a patient with benign Enlargement Of The Prostate, Health, Skin Flaking, Pain - Joints, Blood Calcium Increased, Fungus Ball, Rosacea, Gerd, Enlarged Prostate, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides. The patient has Fungus Ball, Itching
Comments: It seems to me that the anal itching began shortly after I began taking Zetia. My doctor described it as caused by a fungus and prescribed Clotrimazole topical cream. He said to apply twice daily for one month, which I did. I am now into approximately month 3-4 and the itching continues. If I app ...
- A study of side effects of Pantoprazole Sodium for a patient with Not Breathing. The patient has
Comments: 10 ml/8mg were ordered for me, drip method. I did not have heardburn or GERD EVER. 40 mg per day is recognized limit. On more than one occasion only few hours apart, I was given 2,750 mg of the drug.
I was then acused as inpatient in hospital of biting Staff, slapping Staff, kicking and "flipp ...
More related studies for: Protonix, Gastric polyps
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.