Review: could Protonix cause Libido decreased?
Summary: Libido decreased is found among people who take Protonix, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Anzemet, and have Breast cancer.
We study 34,693 people who have side effects while taking Protonix from FDA and social media. Among them, 44 have Libido decreased. Find out below who they are, when they have Libido decreased and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Protonix and have Libido decreased >>>
Protonix has active ingredients of pantoprazole sodium. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from 35,615 Protonix users)
Libido decreased (loss of interest in sex) has been reported by people with depression, birth control, stress and anxiety, hair loss, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 6,302 Libido decreased patients)
On Feb, 26, 2015: 34,688 people reported to have side effects when taking Protonix. Among them, 44 people (0.13%) have Libido Decreased.
Time on Protonix when people have Libido decreased * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Libido decreased||20.00%||20.00%||20.00%||40.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Libido decreased when taking Protonix * :
|Libido decreased||46.00%||54.00% |
Age of people who have Libido decreased when taking Protonix * :
|Libido decreased||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||13.95%||18.60%||18.60%||6.98%||41.86% |
Severity of Libido decreased when taking Protonix ** :
How people recovered from Libido decreased ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Breast cancer (10 people, 22.73%)
- Anaemia (10 people, 22.73%)
- Back pain (7 people, 15.91%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (7 people, 15.91%)
- Anxiety (6 people, 13.64%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Anzemet (16 people, 36.36%)
- Lortab (16 people, 36.36%)
- Zoloft (16 people, 36.36%)
- Neurontin (15 people, 34.09%)
- Zometa (15 people, 34.09%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of protonix and libido decreased on
Do you have Libido Decreased while taking Protonix?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Protonix and have Libido Decreased
- support group for people who take Protonix
- support group for people who have Libido Decreased
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Clonazepam, Nuvaring, Zoloft for a 28-year old woman with Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Ptsd, Birth Control, Depression. The patient has Libido Decreased, Appetite - Decreased, Proteinuria, Micturition Frequency Decreased, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness
- A study of drug interactions between Promethazine Hydrochloride And Codeine Phosphate, Pravachol, Protonix, Cozaar, Celexa, Coreg, Symbicort, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Albuterol Sulfate for a 71-year old woman with Cough, Hypercholesterolemia, Gerd, Cardiac Disorder, Depression, Dyspnea. The patient has Pancytopenia
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Levonorgestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol, Myrbetriq, Carafate, Protonix, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Lyrica, Rifampin, Cefuroxime, Xanax for a 39-year old woman with Low Vitamin D, Ovarian Cyst, Bladder, Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric, Muscle Relaxer, Neuropathy, Lyme Disease - Chronic Persistent, Anxiety.
- A study of drug interactions between Acidophilus Lactobacillus, Benicar Hct, Pantoprazole for a 58-year old woman with Bowel Movement Irregularity, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled, Indigestion. The patient has Back Pain, Nausea, Leg Cramping, Tongue Irritation, Insomnia, Itching
- A study of drug interactions between Zocor, Xanax, Zoloft, Levothyroxine Sodium, Protonix for a 64-year old woman with Total Cholesterol, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Hyperthyroidism, Reflux Gastritis. The patient has Itching
Recent Protonix related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Clarithromycin, Aspirin, Pantoprazole for a 32-year old man who has Gastroduodenal Ulcer
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Pantoprazole for a 63-year old woman who has GE Reflux
- Comparions of Prilosec Otc, Lansoprazole, Pantoprazole for a 60-year old woman who has Acid Reflux
- Comparions of Pantoprazole Sodium, Paroxetine Hydrochloride for a 48-year old man who has Dariusz
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Pantoprazole, Aldactone, Lasix, Remodulin for a 70-year old woman who has Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.