Review: could Provigil cause Anger?
Summary: Anger is found among people who take Provigil, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Effexor xr, and have Depression.
We study 9,428 people who have side effects while taking Provigil from FDA and social media. Among them, 73 have Anger. Find out below who they are, when they have Anger and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Provigil and have Anger >>>
Provigil has active ingredients of modafinil. It is often used in narcolepsy. (latest outcomes from 10,282 Provigil users)
Anger has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, stress and anxiety, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, pain. (latest reports from 14,906 Anger patients)
On Mar, 3, 2015: 9,428 people reported to have side effects when taking Provigil. Among them, 73 people (0.77%) have Anger.
Time on Provigil when people have Anger * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Anger when taking Provigil * :
Age of people who have Anger when taking Provigil * :
Severity of Anger when taking Provigil ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Anger ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (17 people, 23.29%)
- Fatigue (9 people, 12.33%)
- Narcolepsy (8 people, 10.96%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (6 people, 8.22%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (5 people, 6.85%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Effexor xr (15 people, 20.55%)
- Lipitor (12 people, 16.44%)
- Prozac (11 people, 15.07%)
- Xanax (11 people, 15.07%)
- Lamictal (11 people, 15.07%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of provigil and anger on
Do you have Anger while taking Provigil?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Provigil and have Anger
- support group for people who take Provigil
- support group for people who have Anger
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Provigil for a 44-year old woman with Narcolepsy. The patient has Vertigo Aggravated
- A study of drug interactions between Ritalin La, Provigil for a 67-year old woman with Sleepiness - During The Day, Sleeping Sickness. The patient has Heart Rate Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Modafinil, Doxycycline, Prednisone, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Oxycodone, Fish Oil Fatty Acid, Allegra, Zantac 150, Metformin, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Lyrica, Cefprozil, Allopurinol for a 32-year old man with Hypersomnia, Infection, Swelling, Pain In Limb, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Allergy To Plants, Acid Reflux, High Blood Sugar, Stress, Gout. The patient has Itching, Elevated Liver Enzymes, Insulin C-peptide Increased, Complement Factor C3 Increased, Blood Uric Acid Increased, Pseudopapilloedema, Lymphadenopathy Mediastinal, Vision Blurred, Hives, Swelling, Pain Exacerbated
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Fluoxetine, Methyldopa, Labetalol Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Temazepam for a 32-year old woman with Vitamin D Decreased, Mood Stabilizer, Hypertension, Depression, Sleep Disorder. The patient has Thoughts - Cloudy, Tiredness, Short-term Memory Loss, Anxiety, Depression, Hostility, Anger
- A study of drug interactions between Microgestin 1/20, Lorazepam, Effexor, Provigil for a 32-year old woman with Birth Control, Stress And Anxiety, Depression, Narcolepsy. The patient has Memory Impairment, Absent Periods, Irritability, Mood Swings, Sweating Increased, Fatigue - Chronic
Recent Provigil related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Modafinil, Clonidine, Atomoxetine Hydrochloride, Vyvanse, Daytrana for a 43-year old man who has ADHD
- Comparions of Lamictal, Provigil, Concerta for a 56-year old woman who has Narcolepsy
- Comparions of Minoxidil, Modafinil, Viagra for a 35-year old man who has Erectile Dysfunction
- Comparions of Modafinil, Nardil for a 53-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Abilify, Provigil for a 68-year old woman who has Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.