Home > Provigil > Somnolence > Provigil and Somnolence
Review: could Provigil cause Somnolence (Drowsiness)?
We study 9,416 people who have side effects while taking Provigil from FDA and social media. Among them, 425 have Somnolence. Find out below who they are, when they have Somnolence and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Provigil and have Somnolence >>>
Provigil (latest outcomes from 10,268 users) has active ingredients of modafinil. It is often used in narcolepsy.
Somnolence (a state of near-sleep, a strong desire for sleep) (latest reports from 494,664 patients) has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 9,414 people reported to have side effects when taking Provigil. Among them, 425 people (4.51%) have Somnolence.
Time on Provigil when people have Somnolence * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Somnolence when taking Provigil * :
Age of people who have Somnolence when taking Provigil * :
Severity of Somnolence when taking Provigil ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Somnolence ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (71 people, 16.71%)
- Depression (66 people, 15.53%)
- Multiple sclerosis (51 people, 12.00%)
- Narcolepsy (44 people, 10.35%)
- Somnolence (37 people, 8.71%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Cymbalta (79 people, 18.59%)
- Neurontin (71 people, 16.71%)
- Aspirin (68 people, 16.00%)
- Nexium (65 people, 15.29%)
- Klonopin (64 people, 15.06%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Somnolence while taking Provigil?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Provigil and have Somnolence
- support group for people who take Provigil
- support group for people who have Somnolence
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Does one ever get their memory back after discontinueing the tysabri?
vesicare 10mg x1 bupropion 150mg x1
lisinopril 5mg as needed bupropion 300mg x1
fluoxetine 20mg x1 alprazolam 0.5mg - bedtime
vigil 250mg x1 melatonin 3mg - bedtime
aubagio 14mg. x1 diphenhydramine 50mg - bedtime
carvedilol 6.25mg x1 ...
- Can long term use of vicodin cause hallucinations?
My 87 yr Mom has taken copious amts of Vicodin for 25+ yrs for arthritis & surgery pain management. Recently, Mom said the "carpet bubbles up 3-4 ft & trips her". Are hallucinations like this a sign of serious drug abuse? Is Mom's life in danger of drug overdose?
- Can fever be caused by parkinson's disease
I have had 2 attacks which included: Intermittent Low Grade Fever, Hand Tremor, Hand Grasping , and Feelings Of Worthlessness. I have osteopenia and chronic liver cirrhosis.
More questions for: Provigil, Somnolence
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Aggression with law enforcement officers who use provigil
I'm a former police officer. I say former because on the second day of ever taking provigil, I flipped out and kicked a handcuffed arestee. After 10 years of being an award winning police officer I totally lost it after taking this drug. needless to say, I immediately quit taking the pill; however, ...
- Gabapentin made me comatose
I took Neurontin, and then its generic, Neurontin, for about five years. It was prescribed for chronic pain. I found it ineffective, but kept being told it was a good drug, quite benign, and was probably benefiting me more than I realized. I did NOT realize that toward the end of the five-year pe ...
- Profolol side effects-will not use again
It is slightly more than 24 hours since profolol alone was given to me for a colonoscopy and endoscopy. I woke up quickly but very sleepy and tired. Forced to get in wheelchair and leave asap. Slept when I got home all night. The next day was very disoriented, lightheaded when I sat up or got up and ...
More reviews for: Provigil, Somnolence
On eHealthMe, Provigil (modafinil) is often used for narcolepsy. Find out below the conditions Provigil is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Provigil used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Imipramine Hydrochloride, Modafinil for a patient with Narcolepsy. The patient has Dizziness (excl Vertigo), Drowsiness
- A study of drug interactions between Modafinil, Advil - 256MG for a patient with Narcolepsy, Tooth Ache. The patient has Sleepiness
- A study of drug interactions between Trileptal, Wellbutrin Sr, Lexapro, Liothyronine Sodium, Levothyroxine Sodium, Provigil, Atenolol, Multivitamin, B Complex Vitamin, Fish Oil, Metformin Hydrochloride for a patient with Bipolar Disorder, Hypothyroidism, Obstructive Sleep Apnea Syndrome, Hypertension, Diabetes. The patient has Sleepy, Memory Impairment, Cloudy Thinking
More related studies for: Provigil, Somnolence
Recent Provigil related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Provigil, Somnolence
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Lansoprazole for a 33-year old woman who has Stomach Pain (2 hours ago)
- Bactrim Ds, Sprintec for a 22-year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, Pregnancy (2 hours ago)
- Vyvanse, Vistaril, Seroquel Xr, Trileptal for a 17-year old girl who has ADHD, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Bipolar, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- High Blood Cholesterol and Dark Circles Under Eyes
- Interstitial Cystitis (ic)
- Clopidogrel Bisulfate and Peripheral Neuropathy
Recent user comments
- "My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged ... " (3 hours ago)
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (4 hours ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (5 hours ago)
- Ectopic Ureter
- Blood Pressure Increased
- Vaginal Yeast Infection