Review: could Provigil cause Thyroid function test abnormal (Thyroid diseases)?
Summary: Thyroid function test abnormal is found among people who take Provigil, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Fibromyalgia.
We study 9,431 people who have side effects while taking Provigil from FDA and social media. Among them, 36 have Thyroid function test abnormal. Find out below who they are, when they have Thyroid function test abnormal and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Provigil and have Thyroid function test abnormal >>>
Provigil has active ingredients of modafinil. It is often used in narcolepsy. (latest outcomes from 10,284 Provigil users)
Thyroid function test abnormal
Thyroid function test abnormal has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, hypothyroidism. (latest reports from 17,572 Thyroid function test abnormal patients)
On Mar, 24, 2015: 9,428 people reported to have side effects when taking Provigil. Among them, 35 people (0.37%) have Thyroid Function Test Abnormal.
Time on Provigil when people have Thyroid function test abnormal * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Thyroid function test abnormal||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Thyroid function test abnormal when taking Provigil * :
|Thyroid function test abnormal||85.71%||14.29% |
Age of people who have Thyroid function test abnormal when taking Provigil * :
|Thyroid function test abnormal||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||3.03%||3.03%||21.21%||30.30%||42.42% |
Severity of Thyroid function test abnormal when taking Provigil ** :
How people recovered from Thyroid function test abnormal ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Fibromyalgia (8 people, 22.86%)
- Multiple sclerosis (7 people, 20.00%)
- Depression (6 people, 17.14%)
- Fatigue (4 people, 11.43%)
- High density lipoprotein decreased (4 people, 11.43%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (9 people, 25.71%)
- Lisinopril (6 people, 17.14%)
- Simvastatin (6 people, 17.14%)
- Duragesic-100 (6 people, 17.14%)
- Synthroid (5 people, 14.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of provigil and thyroid function test abnormal on
Do you have Thyroid Function Test Abnormal while taking Provigil?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Provigil and have Thyroid Function Test Abnormal
- support group for people who take Provigil
- support group for people who have Thyroid Function Test Abnormal
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Cranberry, Iron Dextran, Tramadol, Topamax, Modafinil, Cymbalta for a 32-year old woman with Loss Of Bladder Control, Anaemia, Fibromyalgia, Migraine With Aura, Fatigue - Chronic. The patient has Loss Of Bladder Sensation, Loss Of Libido, Skin Disorder
- A study of side effects of Provigil for a 44-year old woman with Narcolepsy. The patient has Vertigo Aggravated
- A study of drug interactions between Ritalin La, Provigil for a 67-year old woman with Sleepiness - During The Day, Sleeping Sickness. The patient has Heart Rate Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Modafinil, Doxycycline, Prednisone, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Oxycodone, Fish Oil Fatty Acid, Allegra, Zantac 150, Metformin, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Lyrica, Cefprozil, Allopurinol for a 32-year old man with Hypersomnia, Infection, Swelling, Pain In Limb, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Allergy To Plants, Acid Reflux, High Blood Sugar, Stress, Gout. The patient has Itching, Elevated Liver Enzymes, Insulin C-peptide Increased, Complement Factor C3 Increased, Blood Uric Acid Increased, Pseudopapilloedema, Lymphadenopathy Mediastinal, Vision Blurred, Hives, Swelling, Pain Exacerbated
- A study of drug interactions between Microgestin 1/20, Lorazepam, Effexor, Provigil for a 32-year old woman with Birth Control, Stress And Anxiety, Depression, Narcolepsy. The patient has Memory Impairment, Absent Periods, Irritability, Mood Swings, Sweating Increased, Fatigue - Chronic
Recent Provigil related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.