Review: could Provigil cause Thyroid function test abnormal (Thyroid diseases)?
Summary: Thyroid function test abnormal is found among people who take Provigil, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Fibromyalgia.
We study 9,426 people who have side effects while taking Provigil from FDA and social media. Among them, 35 have Thyroid function test abnormal. Find out below who they are, when they have Thyroid function test abnormal and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Provigil and have Thyroid function test abnormal >>>
Provigil has active ingredients of modafinil. It is often used in narcolepsy. (latest outcomes from 10,280 Provigil users)
Thyroid function test abnormal
Thyroid function test abnormal has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, hypothyroidism. (latest reports from 17,553 Thyroid function test abnormal patients)
On Feb, 19, 2015: 9,426 people reported to have side effects when taking Provigil. Among them, 35 people (0.37%) have Thyroid Function Test Abnormal.
Time on Provigil when people have Thyroid function test abnormal * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Thyroid function test abnormal||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Thyroid function test abnormal when taking Provigil * :
|Thyroid function test abnormal||85.71%||14.29% |
Age of people who have Thyroid function test abnormal when taking Provigil * :
|Thyroid function test abnormal||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||3.03%||3.03%||21.21%||30.30%||42.42% |
Severity of Thyroid function test abnormal when taking Provigil ** :
How people recovered from Thyroid function test abnormal ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Fibromyalgia (8 people, 22.86%)
- Multiple sclerosis (7 people, 20.00%)
- Depression (6 people, 17.14%)
- Fatigue (4 people, 11.43%)
- High density lipoprotein decreased (4 people, 11.43%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (9 people, 25.71%)
- Lisinopril (6 people, 17.14%)
- Simvastatin (6 people, 17.14%)
- Duragesic-100 (6 people, 17.14%)
- Synthroid (5 people, 14.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of provigil and thyroid function test abnormal on
Do you have Thyroid Function Test Abnormal while taking Provigil?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Provigil and have Thyroid Function Test Abnormal
- support group for people who take Provigil
- support group for people who have Thyroid Function Test Abnormal
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Microgestin 1/20, Lorazepam, Effexor, Provigil for a 32-year old woman with Birth Control, Stress And Anxiety, Depression, Narcolepsy. The patient has Obesity, Memory Impairment, Absent Periods, Irritability, Mood Swings, Sweating Increased, Fatigue - Chronic
- A study of drug interactions between Modafinil, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Nardil for a 53-year old man with Depression. The patient has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Poor Concentration, Low Mood
- A study of side effects of Modafinil for a 24-year old woman with Narcolepsy. The patient has Sleep Walking (walking during sleep)
- A study of drug interactions between Prazosin Hydrochloride, Clonazepam, Perphenazine, Modafinil, Wellbutrin SR for a 32-year old man with PTSD, Mood Stabilizer, Excessive Daytime Sleepiness, Depression Suicidal. The patient has Akathisia
- A study of drug interactions between Flonase, Treximet, Baclofen, Modafinil, Lamictal, Cymbalta, Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Mucinex, Amoxicillin And Clavulanate Potassium, Percocet for a 45-year old woman with Acute Sinusitis, Complicated Migraine, Pain - Neck, Fatigue - Chronic, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Depressive Symptom, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Sinus Congestion, Sinus Infection, Pain. The patient has Fatigue - Chronic, Rhinitis, Acute Sinusitis
Recent Provigil related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.