Review: could Provigil cause Vertigo?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 1, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.2/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 9,316 people who take Provigil. Among them, 460 have Vertigo. See who they are, when they have Vertigo and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Provigil (latest outcomes from 10,247 users) has active ingredients of modafinil. It is often used in narcolepsy, fatigue. Commonly reported side effects of Provigil include fatigue, fatigue aggravated, nausea, pain, pain relief by acupuncture.
Vertigo (latest reports from 1,259,857 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, pain.
On Feb, 17, 2014: 9,075 people reported to have side effects when taking Provigil. Among them, 443 people (4.88%) have Vertigo.
Time on Provigil when people have Vertigo * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Vertigo when taking Provigil * :
Age of people who have Vertigo when taking Provigil * :
Severity of Vertigo when taking Provigil ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Vertigo ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple sclerosis (117 people, 26.41%)
- Pain (55 people, 12.42%)
- Depression (54 people, 12.19%)
- Narcolepsy (46 people, 10.38%)
- Fatigue (33 people, 7.45%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (94 people, 21.22%)
- Cymbalta (77 people, 17.38%)
- Lexapro (71 people, 16.03%)
- Aspirin (69 people, 15.58%)
- Lipitor (67 people, 15.12%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Provigil, Vertigo
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Provigil (modafinil) is often used for narcolepsy. Find out below the conditions Provigil is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Provigil used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Provigil side effects from A to Z:
Browse Provigil drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 days ago):
Vitamin D deficient. High Cholesterol inherited. But while on statin drug I had a pseudo-heart attack, and became weakened and then paralyzed in lower extremities. Later found out father had same severe reaction to statin drugs. My cholesterol is still too high in using just Fish Oil 3-6-9, but don't want to try another statin :( because of side effects. In the meantime doc switched me from Metformin alone to glipizide w Metformin. I got my first ever hypOglycemic reading in the 70's and 90's. So now know what that feels like. But BS won't regulate. Latest problem of 2 weeks with severe bronchitis treated with z-pack, then prednisolone. (2 more days on pred) and my BS readings are staying in the 200s to near 400! I've increased the dosage by one pill while taking prednisone. Fasting bs did get down to 146, but that's the lowest. Now FIGHTING TO GET AWAKE AND STAY AWAKE. I'm shaky weak, and so weak that and feel like I am falling. Sleep attacks...hours go by...I'm scared I won't wake up, but can't stay awake.
be ware of metformin on Mar, 3, 2014:
I am a 64 yr old female who was on metformin for 10 plus yrs. I was recently diagnosed with congestive heart failure. One of the first things the doctor took me off was metformin. I thought it was strange, so I did research and discovered that metformin can cause death. According to the people who make metformin doctors are aware of the dangers. They even put it in black boxes. This protects them from any liability so people can not sue them. Metformin is bad news. Research your meds. And I too have bouts of vertigo. I think we are all being used as guinea pigs.
From this study (3 months ago):
Blood test showed I'm Vitamin D deficient even tho I already was taking 2000 units: doc said to add 6000 more. I have chronic fatigue syndrome and Foreign Accent Syndrome. I am 5'9" 205# which classifies as obese. High Cholesterol inherited. But while on statin drug I had a pseudo-heart attack, and became weakened and then paralyzed in lower extremities. Later found out father had same severe reaction to statin drugs. My cholesterol is still too high in using just Fish Oil 3-6-9, but don't want to try another statin :( because of side effects. In the meantime doc switched me from Metformin alone to glipizide w Metformin. I got my first ever hypOglycemic reading in the 70's and 90's. So now know what that feels like. But BS won't regulate. Latest problem of 2 weeks with severe bronchitis treated with z-pack, then prednisolone. (2 more days on pred) and my BS readings are staying in the 200s to near 400! I've increased the dosage by one pill while taking prednisone. Fasting bs did get down to 146, but that's the lowest. Now FIGHTING TO GET AWAKE AND STAY AWAKE. I have to really focus to even move a little bit. Problems understanding words. Can't read. Eyes cross too easy... So tired. Very weak. Wall walk to bathroom. On toilet can't remember if I've peed or not. Sleep attacks...hours go by...I'm scared I won't wake up, but can't stay awake.
From this study (4 months ago):
The vertigo is agravated by not being able to use deconjestants. Cold air and increased pollin makes the dizzyness worse.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Mixing methamphatamine and lisinapril hydrocloathyaxide together is it dangetous
I feel really terrible shortness of breath blood pressure keeps dropping up and down my chest is very heavy and tight
- Can anything be done to prevent hair loss due to medication
Hi, I have lost about 50 per cent of hair volume and having checked, a number of the medications I take can cause hair loss - is there anything I can do to stop my hair thinning please? (I need to keep taking the medications so can't 'stop'them. I know that in the past my ferritin levels have been l ...
- Problem with my kidneys??
In November, My husband had to rush me to the ER because I was having terrible pain in my left kidney area. After a CT scan, it was determined that I had 2 kidney stones trying to pass together. One was 1mm and the other was 3mm, and caused excruciating pain. So they prescribed me Flomax and I thoug ...
More questions for: Provigil, Vertigo
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Idiopathic insomnolence
In 1997 I was diagnosed with Narcolepsy with an intolerance to Dexamp(hetamine) tablets.
After 3 years of nose operations, and sleep tests to remove other potential issues (lung problems or apnoea) I have finally been re-diagnosed (2013) with idiopathic insomnolence.
Modaphinil caused a rea ...
- My reaction to talking sumatriptan for the first time.
after 10 minutes of taking the sumatriptan tablet i got all of the symptoms i stated and from those i developed a rare movement disorder called 'Dystonia' that has affected my right foot making me unable to walk and my right hand making me unable to write.
- Can crestor cause vertigo?
I started taking Crestor in May of 2011. I had my first big "episode" in June.
Severe vertigo, loss of balance, slurred speech, fatigue, loss for words, tingling, numbness, pressure in back of head...
Didn't have all at once, but went to hospital via ambulance twice. Was first given 1000 mg of kep ...
More reviews for: Provigil, Vertigo
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisolone, Aleve, Glipizide And Metformin Hydrochloride, Vitamin D, Fish Oil Fatty Acid, Baby Aspirin, Ketotifen Fumarate, Modafinil, Metformin, Simvastatin for a patient with Bronchitis Acute, Migraine Prophylaxis, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent, Vitamin D Deficiency, Hyperlipidemia, Preventive Health Care, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Hyperglycemia. The patient has Paralytic Gait, Forgetfulness (Memory loss), Slow Response To Stimuli, Word Comprehension (Mental status tests), Dizziness, Sleep Attacks, Stuporous (Consciousness - decreased), Confusion, Hyperglycaemia (Hyperglycemia), Altered State Of Consciousness
- A study of drug interactions between Valium, Antivert, Singulair, Primidone, Provigil, Cymbalta, Metoprolol Tartrate, Synthroid, Pradaxa, Tikosyn for a patient with Vertigo-associated Disorders, Vertigo, Allergenic Desensitisation Procedure, Tremor - Familial, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Depression, Hypotension, Hypothyroidism, Acquired Afibrinogenaemia. The patient has Osteoarthritis Aggravated, Lightheadedness - Dizzy (Dizziness), Acquired Afibrinogenaemia, Weight Increased, Allergen Nos Skin Test Negative
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Restoril, Colchicine, Alprazolam, Lipitor, Testosterone Cypionate, Cytomel, Synthroid, Provigil, Celebrex, Plaquenil, Symbicort, Flonase, Combivent, Metformin, Furosemide, Atenolol, Lisinopril, Oxycodone, Lovenox, Plavix, Coumadin, Humira for a patient with Hypovitaminosis, Middle Insomnia, Gout - Acute, Stress And Anxiety, Hypercholesterolemia, Blood Testosterone Decreased, Hypothyroidism, Somnolence, Pain Management, Lupus-like Syndrome, Asthma, Nasal Decongestion Therapy, Weight Gain - Unintentional, Kidney Disease, Essential Hypertension, Breakthrough Pain, Hypercoagulable States, Antiphospholipid Syndrome, Arthritis - Psoriatic. The patient has Myelomalacia, Sensory Disturbance, Hyperacusis, Tinnitus, Vision Impairment (Vision problems), Speech Impairment (adult), Muscle Twitching, Depression, Short-term Memory Loss (Memory loss), Weakness, Fatigue - Chronic (Chronic fatigue syndrome), Dizziness, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness (Numbness and tingling), Gait Abnormal, Tremor, Hyporeflexia, Cognitive Deterioration
More related studies for: Provigil, Vertigo
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.