Home > Provigil > Weight gain > Provigil and Weight gain
Review: could Provigil cause Weight gain (Weight increased)?
We study 9,414 people who have side effects while taking Provigil from FDA and social media. Among them, 234 have Weight gain. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight gain and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Provigil and have Weight gain >>>
Provigil (latest outcomes from 10,266 users) has active ingredients of modafinil. It is often used in narcolepsy.
Weight gain (latest reports from 527,968 patients) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder, pain, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 9,414 people reported to have side effects when taking Provigil. Among them, 234 people (2.49%) have Weight Gain.
Time on Provigil when people have Weight gain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight gain||67.74%||6.45%||0.00%||12.90%||9.68%||3.23%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Weight gain when taking Provigil * :
|Weight gain||76.84%||23.16% |
Age of people who have Weight gain when taking Provigil * :
|Weight gain||0.00%||0.00%||11.33%||6.40%||9.36%||28.08%||30.54%||14.29% |
Severity of Weight gain when taking Provigil ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Weight gain||0.00%||75.00%||0.00%||25.00% |
How people recovered from Weight gain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Weight gain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (55 people, 23.50%)
- Fibromyalgia (41 people, 17.52%)
- Multiple sclerosis (40 people, 17.09%)
- Pain (28 people, 11.97%)
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (27 people, 11.54%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lyrica (51 people, 21.79%)
- Cymbalta (47 people, 20.09%)
- Klonopin (44 people, 18.80%)
- Prilosec (41 people, 17.52%)
- Neurontin (37 people, 15.81%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Weight Gain while taking Provigil?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Provigil and have Weight Gain
- support group for people who take Provigil
- support group for people who have Weight Gain
Comments from related studies:
From this study (12 months ago):
The vertigo is agravated by not being able to use deconjestants. Cold air and increased pollin makes the dizzyness worse.
From this study (5 years ago):
I was on diazepam for about five years prior to being switched to clonazepam. I believe diazepam was much more effective for my anxiety and while I experienced short-term memory loss, it was not as severe as with clonazepam.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Provigil, Weight gain
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Aggression with law enforcement officers who use provigil
I'm a former police officer. I say former because on the second day of ever taking provigil, I flipped out and kicked a handcuffed arestee. After 10 years of being an award winning police officer I totally lost it after taking this drug. needless to say, I immediately quit taking the pill; however, ...
- Lyrica varied widely
I was prescribed Lyrica for treatment of chronic pain. It was ineffective, but it knocked out the symptoms of interstitial. However, it also caused rapid weight gain (I went from 110 to 130 lbs. in just a few weeks) and my ankles started to swell. The pain doctor advised me to discontinue the dru ...
- Crestor side effects
I'm a vegetarian all my life , very athletic, I work out a lot , I run. In the last year or two My cholesterol seems to go high, my primary Doctor knows that I go for the healthy stuff so he advice a couple of things. But unfortunately nothing woks so he put me on Crestor, it has been a really bad e ...
More reviews for: Provigil, Weight gain
On eHealthMe, Provigil (modafinil) is often used for narcolepsy. Find out below the conditions Provigil is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Provigil used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Memantine, Advair Diskus 100/50, Donepezil, Amlodipine for a 93-year old woman who has Inflammation Localised, Anxiety Disorder, Alzheimers, Asthma, Alzheimer's Disease, Blood Pressure Increased (22 minutes ago)
- Celexa for a 20-year old woman who has Chronic Depression (1 hour ago)
- Prozac for a 25-year old woman who has Depression (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Prozac and Brittle Nails
- Raspberry Ketone and Diverticulitis
- Blister and Gabapentin
- Urinary Tract Infection and Micardis
Recent user comments
- "I feel as if I have a lump in my throat, as if someth ... " (4 hours ago)
- "Took Nexium for one week. After four days started bre ... " (6 hours ago)
- "he was fine till he took prednizone 10 days died the ... " (7 hours ago)
- Gamma Hydroxybutyric Acid
- Anethum Sowa
- Vessel Puncture Site Pain