Home > Prozac > Alertness - decreased > Prozac and Alertness - decreased
Review: could Prozac cause Alertness - decreased (Consciousness - decreased)?
We study 38,931 people who have side effects while taking Prozac from FDA and social media. Among them, 373 have Alertness - decreased. Find out below who they are, when they have Alertness - decreased and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Prozac and have Alertness - decreased >>>
Prozac (latest outcomes from 42,219 users) has active ingredients of fluoxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression.
Alertness - decreased
Alertness - decreased (state of reduced awareness) (latest reports from 125,548 patients) has been reported by people with pain, depression, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, diabetes.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 38,931 people reported to have side effects when taking Prozac. Among them, 227 people (0.58%) have Alertness - Decreased.
Time on Prozac when people have Alertness - decreased * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Alertness - decreased||61.54%||11.54%||0.00%||0.00%||3.85%||7.69%||15.38% |
Age of people who have Alertness - decreased when taking Prozac * :
|Alertness - decreased||0.00%||1.41%||2.82%||6.10%||12.21%||27.23%||32.86%||17.37% |
Severity of Alertness - decreased when taking Prozac ** :
How people recovered from Alertness - decreased ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (42 people, 18.50%)
- Pain (31 people, 13.66%)
- Bipolar disorder (16 people, 7.05%)
- Anxiety (15 people, 6.61%)
- Multiple sclerosis (14 people, 6.17%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Oxycontin (37 people, 16.30%)
- Neurontin (37 people, 16.30%)
- Xanax (34 people, 14.98%)
- Valium (26 people, 11.45%)
- Zyprexa (26 people, 11.45%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Alertness - Decreased while taking Prozac?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Prozac and have Alertness - Decreased
- support group for people who take Prozac
- support group for people who have Alertness - Decreased
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- When was this study made? can i sue merck?
I had a cerebral hemmorage and stroke. Was lucky and was at a major casino in Las Vegas. I had surgery through my groin to stop the bleed. I was then left in a coma for 2 months. When I started to wake up I could not move, eat, swallow, I did not know who I was or who my husband of 40 years were. I ...
- My sister has been taking depakote cogentin and geodon and suffers with great memory loss inability to carry on a conversation and drops things all the time is this the effect of these drugs?
Sister takes over 16 perscriptions but the ones mentioned are severe.. due to being bi-polar, and severe agoraphobia and anxiety with depression..is this now her life? Not being able to fully comprehend or remember anything? Dropping things and falling when under the full impact of this medication? ...
- Laryngitis from depression?
I had a heart attack 3yrs ago, finding it hard to handle. Waiting for a complete knee replacement, also long history of back problems. Chronic pain. Diabetic on insulin.
- I am recently taking prozac and nexium and recently developed a cough. could it be a drug reaction?
I have developed a cough since taking Nexium and prozac.want to know if this is common.
- Can i take l-theanine if i am taking fluoxetine?
I went off Paxil about a year and a half ago. Ever sense I have had terrible trouble with anxiety and depression. Never feel myself. The Dr. gave me Fluoxetine 20mg and remeron 15mg. I have been on this for 9 months. No change.
I am litteraly at my wits end. Afraid to tell my children.
Would tak ...
- Could this drug cause periodontal bone loss, bone loss around teeth
Do you suffer from periodontal bone loss or periodontal disease, or bone loss around teeth after taking this drug? Are your sodium levels low after taking this drug? I am a dentist and keep my teeth plaque free, but have had periodontal bone loss for which, I believe, must be drug related.
- Why has my rls/plmd increased since i've been on ms contin, oxycodone, and higher dose of ropinerole? previously, i was on 40mg hydrocodone per day.
I have Fibromyalgia, Endometriosis, and Periodic Limb Movement Disorder (PLMD) AND Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS). Recently, I went of of Hydrocodone, and started with MS Contin and Oxycodone. I also RAISED my Requip from .5 to 1mg.
- Can i take garcinia cambogia with 80mg of flouoxitine and prempro?
Would like to know if I can take Garcinia Cambogia with the meds and vitamin I am currently taking. I'd like to lose weight with Garcinia Cambogia. Thank You
- Is glutathione and l carnitine safe to use when you have mitrwl valve prolapse and kidney stones?
I am 47 and in dire need of an effective weight loss supplement.Desperate to get a sound advice please.thank you!
- Can i take evista while i am on xarelto? i was treated for blood clots a month ago.
Had blood clots in left leg & both lungs in late Jan 2014. Currently on 20mg Xarelto. I had been taking Evista for over 5 years, but did have a period of inactivity in Dec -Jan. Can I resume taking Evista? Breast cancer runs in my family. My Dr said he sees no problem resuming Evista, but I am ...
More questions for: Prozac, Alertness - decreased
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lorazepam nearly killed me during cancer treatment
Day 31 of cold turkey and I want to die. It is a roller coaster from body tics and sweats to rage and crying in one day. I felt so good the 4h day of c/t. It was like before my cancer diagnosis. My bowels are better off Lorazepam. I threw up during bowel movements from the pain. Off Lorazepam first ...
- Prescribed drugs side effect
I have been on these 2 drugs (Gabapentin and Baclofen) prescribed by my gp for osteoarthritis and nerve damage in my full back.Now also suffering from the grief of losing my beloved companion Harvey (dog),I was diagnosed with deep depression. I was given fluoxetine and have been taking this for alm ...
- Patients having false positives while on remeron
I have had a few patients complain they are failing drug tests for Amphetamines while on remeron, and have claimed to have not used any type of Amphetamine or any (Mixed Salts). These patients are all or were on probation, parole, or under some stipulation. Iv realized most of these patients are tak ...
- Prozac and palpitations
I did well on Prozac and by 2 weeks noticed a better attitude. After a month, very little depression, had positive attitude, and my anxiety wasn't affected. Sleep was approx. 6 hrs a night with Ambien. However, I began to notice palpitations/ fibrilations that would last for 20 to 30 seconds and una ...
- A self-conducted trial with prozac in a case of "benign" ms
I want to show that, with the approval of my doctor, I started taking Prozac (10 mg daily) to see if the number of the lesions on my brain remains the same. After 14 months no new lesion showed on the MRI. I should mention that I have a mild form of MS, if one may put it like this, but the previous ...
- Flagyl and hair loss
I was miserable already but the side effects of this medicine only compounded it. I have had severe diarrhea, stomach cramps, nausea, a horrible metallic taste in my mouth and worst of all I have patches of hair that have completely fallen out!! I am horrified that this medicine is even prescribed t ...
- Mother recovered significantly from confusion
My very independent, active mother was diagnosed with Parkinson's (long over due, she did not have the common tremor but instead had issues with her gait).
She was already on Wellbutrin and Prozac because they thought her shuffling was muscle weakness due to inactivity caused by depression. Once p ...
More reviews for: Prozac, Alertness - decreased
On eHealthMe, Prozac (fluoxetine hydrochloride) is often used for depression. Find out below the conditions Prozac is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Prozac used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Prozac, Alertness - decreased
Recent Prozac related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Zoloft, Prozac for a 38-year old man who has Depression Suicidal
- Comparions of Paxil, Xanax, Prozac for a 76-year old man who has Nerve Pain
- Comparions of Fluoxetine, Lisinopril, Amlodipine Besylate for a 29-year old man who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Cymbalta, Prozac for a 36-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Paxil, Lexapro, Prozac for a 29-year old woman who has Panic Disorder
- Comparions of Prozac, for a 44-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Pristiq, Lexapro, Prozac, Luvox for a 52-year old man who has OCD
- Comparions of Prozac, Wellbutrin for a 49-year old woman who has Almarie D
- Comparions of Prozac, Celexa, Lexapro for a 52-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Prozac, LEXAPRO for a 52-year old woman who has Anxiety
More related comparison studies for: Prozac, Alertness - decreased
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.