Review: could Prozac cause Blood potassium increased (Hyperkalemia)?
Summary: Blood potassium increased is found among people who take Prozac, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have High blood pressure.
We study 39,060 people who have side effects while taking Prozac from FDA and social media. Among them, 154 have Blood potassium increased. Find out below who they are, when they have Blood potassium increased and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Prozac and have Blood potassium increased >>>
Prozac has active ingredients of fluoxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 42,356 Prozac users)
Blood potassium increased
Blood potassium increased (damage to or disease of the kidney) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, diabetes, type 2 diabetes, pain, cardiac failure. (latest reports from 26,143 Blood potassium increased patients)
On Mar, 30, 2015: 39,047 people reported to have side effects when taking Prozac. Among them, 154 people (0.39%) have Blood Potassium Increased.
Time on Prozac when people have Blood potassium increased * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Blood potassium increased||71.43%||0.00%||28.57%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Blood potassium increased when taking Prozac * :
|Blood potassium increased||0.00%||0.00%||1.41%||1.41%||6.34%||15.49%||28.87%||46.48% |
Severity of Blood potassium increased when taking Prozac ** :
How people recovered from Blood potassium increased ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (13 people, 8.44%)
- Breast cancer (11 people, 7.14%)
- Prophylaxis (9 people, 5.84%)
- Depression (8 people, 5.19%)
- Cardiac disorder (7 people, 4.55%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lasix (41 people, 26.62%)
- Aspirin (27 people, 17.53%)
- Zestril (26 people, 16.88%)
- Prevacid (23 people, 14.94%)
- Lipitor (22 people, 14.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Blood Potassium Increased while taking Prozac?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Prozac and have Blood Potassium Increased
- support group for people who take Prozac
- support group for people who have Blood Potassium Increased
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Pepcid Ac, Aspirin, Claritin-d 24 Hour, Calcium, Fish Oil, Magnesium, Metoprolol Succinate, Advair Diskus 100/50, Concerta, Imiquimod for a 53-year old man with Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Acid Reflux, General Physical Health Deterioration, Allergy, Constipation, High Blood Pressure, Asthma, Adhd, Plantar Warts. The patient has Blood Potassium Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Fluoxetine, Adderall 30 for a 27-year old woman with Panic Disorder, Narcolepsy. The patient has Muscle Twitching, Migraine, Pain - Neck, Numbness In Hands Or Feet
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrochlorothiazide, VYVANSE, WELLBUTRIN, PROZAC for a 45-year old woman with Blood Pressure, Add, Depression, Anxiety.
- A study of drug interactions between Trazodone Hydrochloride, Valium, Cymbalta, Prozac for a 42-year old woman with Sleepy, Anxiety, Depression, Panic Disorder. The patient has Anhedonia, Depression
- A study of drug interactions between Bupropion Hydrochloride, Fluoxetine for a 31-year old man with Low Motivation, Depression.
Recent Prozac related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Celexa, Effexor, Prozac, Zoloft for a 37-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Loestrin 24 Fe, Fluoxetine, Vyvanse for a 33-year old woman who has ADHD
- Comparions of Prazosin Hydrochloride, PROZAC, Sildenafil Citrate, Atorvastatin Calcium, Amlodipine Besylate for a 49-year old man who has Major Depression, Anxiety
- Comparions of Fluoxetine, Sertraline for a 46-year old man who has Panic Disorder
- Comparions of Abilify, Wellbutrin Xl, Prozac for a 33-year old man who has Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.