Review: could Prozac cause Bone and joint pain (Joint pain)?
Summary: Bone and joint pain is found among people who take Prozac, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Neurontin, and have Depression.
We study 39,060 people who have side effects while taking Prozac from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,293 have Bone and joint pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Bone and joint pain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Prozac and have Bone and joint pain >>>
Prozac has active ingredients of fluoxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 42,356 Prozac users)
Bone and joint pain
Bone and joint pain has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 118,897 Bone and joint pain patients)
On Mar, 28, 2015: 39,047 people reported to have side effects when taking Prozac. Among them, 1,293 people (3.31%) have Bone And Joint Pain.
Time on Prozac when people have Bone and joint pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Bone and joint pain||28.99%||14.49%||7.25%||13.04%||20.29%||5.80%||10.14% |
Age of people who have Bone and joint pain when taking Prozac * :
|Bone and joint pain||0.00%||0.08%||2.20%||4.56%||9.04%||25.81%||30.94%||27.36% |
Severity of Bone and joint pain when taking Prozac ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Bone and joint pain||0.00%||33.33%||66.67%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Bone and joint pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Bone and joint pain||0.00%||10.00%||90.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (256 people, 19.80%)
- Pain (206 people, 15.93%)
- Anxiety (98 people, 7.58%)
- Hypertension (85 people, 6.57%)
- Osteoporosis (79 people, 6.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (288 people, 22.27%)
- Ambien (270 people, 20.88%)
- Prilosec (242 people, 18.72%)
- Xanax (234 people, 18.10%)
- Aspirin (224 people, 17.32%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of prozac and bone and joint pain on
Do you have Bone And Joint Pain while taking Prozac?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Prozac and have Bone And Joint Pain
- support group for people who take Prozac
- support group for people who have Bone And Joint Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Finasteride, Amlodipine Besylate for a 66-year old man with Prostration, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Pain - Joints
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Losartan, Zetia for a 54-year old woman with Type 2 Diabetes, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Muscle Stiffness, Stiffness In A Joint
- A study of drug interactions between Fluoxetine, Adderall 30 for a 27-year old woman with Panic Disorder, Narcolepsy. The patient has Muscle Twitching, Migraine, Pain - Neck, Numbness In Hands Or Feet
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrochlorothiazide, VYVANSE, WELLBUTRIN, PROZAC for a 45-year old woman with Blood Pressure, Add, Depression, Anxiety.
- A study of drug interactions between Trazodone Hydrochloride, Valium, Cymbalta, Prozac for a 42-year old woman with Sleepy, Anxiety, Depression, Panic Disorder. The patient has Anhedonia, Depression
Recent Prozac related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Celexa, Effexor, Prozac, Zoloft for a 37-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Loestrin 24 Fe, Fluoxetine, Vyvanse for a 33-year old woman who has ADHD
- Comparions of Prazosin Hydrochloride, PROZAC, Sildenafil Citrate, Atorvastatin Calcium, Amlodipine Besylate for a 49-year old man who has Major Depression, Anxiety
- Comparions of Fluoxetine, Sertraline for a 46-year old man who has Panic Disorder
- Comparions of Abilify, Wellbutrin Xl, Prozac for a 33-year old man who has Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.