Review: could Prozac cause Fatigue?
Summary: Fatigue is found among people who take Prozac, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Xanax, and have Depression.
We study 39,060 people who have side effects while taking Prozac from FDA and social media. Among them, 2,622 have Fatigue. Find out below who they are, when they have Fatigue and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Prozac and have Fatigue >>>
Prozac has active ingredients of fluoxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 42,353 Prozac users)
Fatigue (feeling of tiredness) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 200,917 Fatigue patients)
On Apr, 1, 2015: 39,047 people reported to have side effects when taking Prozac. Among them, 2,631 people (6.74%) have Fatigue.
Time on Prozac when people have Fatigue * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Fatigue when taking Prozac * :
Severity of Fatigue when taking Prozac ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Fatigue ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (632 people, 24.02%)
- Pain (264 people, 10.03%)
- Anxiety (190 people, 7.22%)
- Multiple sclerosis (153 people, 5.82%)
- Hypertension (97 people, 3.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Xanax (387 people, 14.71%)
- Neurontin (347 people, 13.19%)
- Aspirin (330 people, 12.54%)
- Ambien (328 people, 12.47%)
- Ativan (293 people, 11.14%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of prozac and fatigue on
Do you have Fatigue while taking Prozac?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Prozac and have Fatigue
- support group for people who take Prozac
- support group for people who have Fatigue
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Recent Prozac related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Fluoxetine, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a 51-year old man who has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
- Comparions of Fluoxetine, Lamictal for a 48-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Chantix, Prozac for a 59-year old woman who has Schizoaffective Disorder
- Comparions of Celexa, Effexor, Prozac, Zoloft for a 37-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Loestrin 24 Fe, Fluoxetine, Vyvanse for a 33-year old woman who has ADHD
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.