Review: could Prozac cause Headache?
Summary: Headache is found among people who take Prozac, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Ambien, and have Depression.
We study 39,047 people who have side effects while taking Prozac from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,829 have Headache. Find out below who they are, when they have Headache and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Prozac and have Headache >>>
Prozac has active ingredients of fluoxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 42,353 Prozac users)
Headache (pain in head) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 202,409 Headache patients)
On Mar, 12, 2015: 39,027 people reported to have side effects when taking Prozac. Among them, 2,404 people (6.16%) have Headache.
Time on Prozac when people have Headache * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Headache when taking Prozac * :
Severity of Headache when taking Prozac ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Headache ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (485 people, 20.17%)
- Pain (210 people, 8.74%)
- Anxiety (200 people, 8.32%)
- Osteoporosis (126 people, 5.24%)
- Sleep disorder (99 people, 4.12%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ambien (326 people, 13.56%)
- Xanax (316 people, 13.14%)
- Neurontin (297 people, 12.35%)
- Klonopin (256 people, 10.65%)
- Seroquel (240 people, 9.98%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of prozac and headache on
Do you have Headache while taking Prozac?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Prozac and have Headache
- support group for people who take Prozac
- support group for people who have Headache
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Recent Prozac related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Sertraline, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Prozac, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Lexapro for a 69-year old man who has Depression, Anxiety, Panic Disorders
- Comparions of Prozac, Cymbalta for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Zyprexa, Lamictal, Lexapro, Prozac, Mirtazapine for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Suboxone, Adderall Xr 20, Prozac for a 33-year old woman who has Chronic Depression
- Comparions of Raspberry Ketone, Fluoxetine for a 26-year old woman who has Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.