Review: could Prozac cause Headache?
Summary: Headache is found among people who take Prozac, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Ambien, and have Depression.
We study 38,975 people who have side effects while taking Prozac from FDA and social media. Among them, 2,399 have Headache. Find out below who they are, when they have Headache and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Prozac and have Headache >>>
Prozac has active ingredients of fluoxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (view latest outcomes from 42,269 users)
Headache (pain in head) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis.(latest reports from Headache 199,069 patients)
On Dec, 12, 2014: 38,958 people reported to have side effects when taking Prozac. Among them, 2,399 people (6.16%) have Headache.
Time on Prozac when people have Headache * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Headache when taking Prozac * :
Severity of Headache when taking Prozac ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Headache ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (481 people, 20.05%)
- Pain (209 people, 8.71%)
- Anxiety (198 people, 8.25%)
- Osteoporosis (126 people, 5.25%)
- Sleep disorder (99 people, 4.13%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ambien (326 people, 13.59%)
- Xanax (315 people, 13.13%)
- Neurontin (297 people, 12.38%)
- Klonopin (256 people, 10.67%)
- Seroquel (240 people, 10.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Headache while taking Prozac?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Prozac and have Headache
- support group for people who take Prozac
- support group for people who have Headache
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I'm starting 7.5 mg remeron tonight , how can i expect to feal in the morning? (1 answer)
Long period of depression desperate to find something that will work quik and give me some energy.
- Can nuvigil (vs adderall) be used simultaneously to help wean off 60mg/day of adderall? (1 answer)
I have been on Adderall 30mg 2x daily for years!! I've had it lowered to 20mg, I've TRIED to go months without it (when not working) however I feel I've built up a tolerance level to the point that it's not as effective as it once was. My personal life has detoured WAY past anything an ADHD medication can possibly help as far as focusing on NEEDED tasks etc. I end up feeling wrapped up in what I'm doing at the moment that my anxiety increases due to all that I haven't been able to accomplish. I take various medications for various reasons, depression, anxiety, bulimia etc., and for the most part the doses have varied based on circumstances and current need at said time of prescription.. MY FAMILY HAS A HISTORY OF HEART DISEASE, And realizing that I'm already on the highest Adderall dosage scares me (and THEN as I think about it, it makes my heart race!). I've also noticed increased muscle spasms as well as extreme and intense pressure on my jaw (TMJ). MY QUESTION IS: does anyone have any experience LOWERING their Adderall dosage AND adding Nuvigil? The research I've done to date gives me impression that it could help balance out the more extreme effects of Adderall (60mg/day) but that the nuvigil would or could potentially help with the EXTREME exhaustion I feel as Adderall wears off. Some days I just crash, some days I sleep fine and others no matter how hard I tryyyy, I just CAN'T fall asleep, therefore making the next day worse! IDEALLY I'D LIKE TO BE MED FREE, right now I need them, but am hoping maybe I can speak with my doctor to lower Adderall and add Nuvigil to help wean me off the amphetamines as well as lower dosage intake. YES, a lot of the anxiety, sleeplessness and depression are related to current circumstances in my life, however, where I am is not where I want to be or where I'm headed.. Life is a journey, and all my meds have become a part of a journey I never thought I'd find myself taking. I don't want life/meds to define me, or create a me I no longer recognize, because scarily enough that seems to be a common pattern. As I overcome each and every daily obstacle, I also don't want to be "hooked" on my meds or needing "more" to wake up/sleep/function.. I'd like to work on finding a solution towards weaning off my meds NOW, and work my way off slowly, primarily the Adderall. I'm hoping by suggesting to my doctor and showing him my research he may agree (IF ITS EVEN A LOGICAL COMBO, CLEARLY IM NOT A DOCTOR) nuvigil could help me. I've already started taking less of my anti depressants, trazadone and xanax without discussing with doc because he is always busy.. My next appt I want to go in fully prepared with a plan and an overall goal to REDUCE my Adderall dose, but overall, I'm clueless!!! I have no idea what other meds other than nuvigil "could" potentially help if at all. I could be entirely wrong, Anyone with any experience using one vs other or both simultaneously, or anyone with constructive input, PLEASE COMMENT/SHARE!!
- Can drinking tea few days after having a depo provera shot lessen the effectivity of contraception?
Interaction of drinking tea 3 days after having depo-provera shot
- Can a drug test result return positive for amphetamine using 500mg tylenol extra strength
Can a drug test result return positive for amphetamine using 500mg tylenol extra strength?
- What causes a headache only when coughing or shaking the head?
Head hurts only when shaken or I cough. I suspect benadryl or amytriptaline
More questions for: Prozac, Headache
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- A life of depression and fatigue
1) Family history of depression, 2) Diagnosed depression 1964-not treated until 1973, 3) Worked in medical field 35 years, 4) Emergency on-call 24/7, 5) Hospital 15 times major depression, 6) Tried nearly all MAOI, TCA, SSRI, SNRI, and ECT. 7) 100% Disability in 1998 for depression. Now at age 70 I have dysthymia, chronic fatigue, COPD, and PTSD. My recommendation to younger people - do not over stress,
do not smoke, avoid horrific or traumatic situations and try to find some enjoyment in life. If you have symptoms like mine seek early treatment put balance in your life. The often heard recommendations - get plenty of sleep, eat properly, learn to relax and avoid bad habits should not be ignored, they are critical to good physical and mental health.
- Dyphenhydramine and headaches horrible going one almost 24 hours a day for 4 weeks and cant get them to stop, now looking for cause . think its the dyphenhydramine im taking to help me sleep .
have been taking 3 dyphenhydramine for some time to help me sleep , just in last few weeks began having severe headache almost all the time.. cant get it to go away. just found out it can cause headache and am going to lower my intake to one per night and see if my headaches get better. am taking migrane meds and that hasnt helped a bit so think its not migranes im having. some other reason.
- Raspberry ketones - side-effect of red face, face muscle twitching
Whenever I use Raspberry Ketones 500mg capsules (1 a day) I get reddening of the tops of my cheeks coupled with muscle tightening/twitching of the cheek muscles closest to the nose (the muscles that contract if someone blows in your eyes) and the muscles at the bridge of nose at times too. Both sets of symptoms last for a day, then to be repeated again the next day on taking the next capsule. Whenever I cease using the product the symptoms likewise end. They began occurring from the very first use of the product. They are sometimes accompanied by a very low-grade headache. I thus now no longer use the product, plus the product made no difference whatsoever to my weight gain/loss when using it daily over several weeks.
- Lorazepam nearly killed me during cancer treatment
Day 31 of cold turkey and I want to die. It is a roller coaster from body tics and sweats to rage and crying in one day. I felt so good the 4h day of c/t. It was like before my cancer diagnosis. My bowels are better off Lorazepam. I threw up during bowel movements from the pain. Off Lorazepam first normal bowel movement in over 2 years. Stomach so damaged by Lorazepam that I have absolutely no appetite. I force myself to eat. Neuropathy in hands nearly gone. Feet are better but slower. Lymphedema that appeared after one year on Lorazepam is now gone. I have full range of motion.
- Losartan potassium headaches (1 response)
I avoided going to the doctor for years and decided it was time to bite the bullet. The bullet bit back. High Blood pressure and cholesterol. Doc prescribed me 100mg Losartan Potassium right out of the gate. At 33 years old, this concerns me. I've been on it for about a week and have had a constant moderate headache along with some slight dizziness/foggy feeling. I also noticed some ringing in my ears a few times as well. Going back to the doc today. My pharmacist says they usually start people on lower doses than 100 mg. Anyone else dealing with something similar?
More reviews for: Prozac, Headache
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Was prescribed Voltaren gel for tenosynovitis of my thumb. Helped the pain somewhat, but I woke up feeling terrible. I am sensitive to stronger oral pain medications, which is why this was prescribed in the first place, but the side effects are worse than when I have taken codeine. Felt somewhat be ...
- I have OCD but after I started Zonegram 50mg bd 3 days ago, I have noticed my anxiety getting increasingly worse and I had a severe panic attack yesterday. The Zonegram has also decreased the severe paranoia I feel with the ketamine but it has introduced some memory loss. Otherwise I feel the best I ...
- Just started Prozac 4 weeks ago with no side effects. Became ill with UTI, doctor prescribed Bactrim & Phenergan. Within a day, I had severe muscle rigidity in my jaw, neck, shoulders & abdomen. It was not like a "leg cramp" and nothing I have ever experienced. I stopped taking the Prozac and th ...
- There is a pain in my neck as well as a pain under my jaw no swelling i only feel it when i touch a small aarea.there is pain in my muscles and around my left breast area only when touching or laying on my stomach each symtom lasted two days then switched to a new symptom it's been onne week since i ...
- You can say I've give on everything. I stay in my bedroom all the time. I dont like to be around no one and don't like to do nothing no more. This has been going on for over two years now. I can't get no help or insurance to get my medical problems. I guess the government is just waiting for us sick ...
More related studies for: Prozac, Headache
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.