Review: could Prozac cause Hearing loss?
Summary: Hearing loss is found among people who take Prozac, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Synthroid, and have Depression.
We study 39,060 people who have side effects while taking Prozac from FDA and social media. Among them, 70 have Hearing loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Hearing loss and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Prozac and have Hearing loss >>>
Prozac has active ingredients of fluoxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 42,353 Prozac users)
Hearing loss has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 7,923 Hearing loss patients)
On Apr, 16, 2015: 39,060 people reported to have side effects when taking Prozac. Among them, 70 people (0.18%) have Hearing Loss.
Time on Prozac when people have Hearing loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hearing loss||21.43%||14.29%||0.00%||21.43%||14.29%||0.00%||28.57% |
Age of people who have Hearing loss when taking Prozac * :
|Hearing loss||0.00%||0.00%||4.84%||4.84%||0.00%||35.48%||14.52%||40.32% |
Severity of Hearing loss when taking Prozac ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Hearing loss||0.00%||66.67%||33.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Hearing loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Hearing loss||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (27 people, 38.57%)
- Metastases to bone (12 people, 17.14%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (5 people, 7.14%)
- Hypothyroidism (5 people, 7.14%)
- Hypertension (5 people, 7.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Synthroid (20 people, 28.57%)
- Zometa (19 people, 27.14%)
- Protonix (19 people, 27.14%)
- Actiq (18 people, 25.71%)
- Percocet (18 people, 25.71%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of prozac and hearing loss on
Do you have Hearing Loss while taking Prozac?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Prozac and have Hearing Loss
- support group for people who take Prozac
- support group for people who have Hearing Loss
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Fluoxetine, Adderall 30 for a 27-year old woman with Panic Disorder, Narcolepsy. The patient has Muscle Twitching, Migraine, Pain - Neck, Numbness In Hands Or Feet
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrochlorothiazide, VYVANSE, WELLBUTRIN, PROZAC for a 45-year old woman with Blood Pressure, Add, Depression, Anxiety.
- A study of drug interactions between Trazodone Hydrochloride, Valium, Cymbalta, Prozac for a 42-year old woman with Sleepy, Anxiety, Depression, Panic Disorder. The patient has Anhedonia, Depression
- A study of drug interactions between Bupropion Hydrochloride, Fluoxetine for a 31-year old man with Low Motivation, Depression.
- A study of drug interactions between B-12, Mucinex, Sudafed, Proair Hfa, Dulera, Zyrtec, Prednisone, Prozac for a 38-year old woman with Vitamin B Complex Deficiency, Allergic Sinusitis, Sinusitis, Asthma, Allergy, Sinusitis Acute, Depression. The patient has Accessory Nipples
Recent Prozac related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Celexa, Effexor, Prozac, Zoloft for a 37-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Loestrin 24 Fe, Fluoxetine, Vyvanse for a 33-year old woman who has ADHD
- Comparions of Prazosin Hydrochloride, PROZAC, Sildenafil Citrate, Atorvastatin Calcium, Amlodipine Besylate for a 49-year old man who has Major Depression, Anxiety
- Comparions of Fluoxetine, Sertraline for a 46-year old man who has Panic Disorder
- Comparions of Abilify, Wellbutrin Xl, Prozac for a 33-year old man who has Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.