Review: could Prozac cause Irritability?
Summary: Irritability is found among people who take Prozac, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Xanax, and have Depression.
We study 39,047 people who have side effects while taking Prozac from FDA and social media. Among them, 507 have Irritability. Find out below who they are, when they have Irritability and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Prozac and have Irritability >>>
Prozac has active ingredients of fluoxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 42,344 Prozac users)
Irritability has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, pain, stress and anxiety, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest reports from 23,567 Irritability patients)
On Mar, 16, 2015: 39,027 people reported to have side effects when taking Prozac. Among them, 507 people (1.30%) have Irritability.
Time on Prozac when people have Irritability * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Irritability when taking Prozac * :
Severity of Irritability when taking Prozac ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Irritability ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (148 people, 29.19%)
- Pain (65 people, 12.82%)
- Anxiety (54 people, 10.65%)
- Bipolar disorder (35 people, 6.90%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (33 people, 6.51%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Xanax (85 people, 16.77%)
- Neurontin (69 people, 13.61%)
- Oxycontin (61 people, 12.03%)
- Seroquel (61 people, 12.03%)
- Ambien (59 people, 11.64%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of prozac and irritability on
Do you have Irritability while taking Prozac?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Prozac and have Irritability
- support group for people who take Prozac
- support group for people who have Irritability
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Recent Prozac related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Sertraline, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Prozac, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Lexapro for a 69-year old man who has Depression, Anxiety, Panic Disorders
- Comparions of Prozac, Cymbalta for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Zyprexa, Lamictal, Lexapro, Prozac, Mirtazapine for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Suboxone, Adderall Xr 20, Prozac for a 33-year old woman who has Chronic Depression
- Comparions of Raspberry Ketone, Fluoxetine for a 26-year old woman who has Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.