Home > Prozac > Irritability > Prozac and Irritability
Review: could Prozac cause Irritability?
We study 38,931 people who have side effects while taking Prozac from FDA and social media. Among them, 508 have Irritability. Find out below who they are, when they have Irritability and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Prozac and have Irritability >>>
Prozac (latest outcomes from 42,219 users) has active ingredients of fluoxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression.
Irritability (latest reports from 146,801 patients) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, pain, stress and anxiety, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 38,931 people reported to have side effects when taking Prozac. Among them, 508 people (1.30%) have Irritability.
Time on Prozac when people have Irritability * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Irritability when taking Prozac * :
Severity of Irritability when taking Prozac ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Irritability ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (148 people, 29.13%)
- Pain (65 people, 12.80%)
- Anxiety (54 people, 10.63%)
- Bipolar disorder (35 people, 6.89%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (33 people, 6.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Xanax (85 people, 16.73%)
- Neurontin (69 people, 13.58%)
- Oxycontin (61 people, 12.01%)
- Seroquel (61 people, 12.01%)
- Ambien (59 people, 11.61%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Irritability while taking Prozac?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Prozac and have Irritability
- support group for people who take Prozac
- support group for people who have Irritability
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 years ago):
I have just had my topamax increased and as it did when I first began, I have this overall feeling of sadness and malaise. Im wondering if its the combination of the medication or just the topamax. It does eventually dissipate, but the feeling sucks! Its as though im never going to be cheerful again. And when I become angry, I become enraged and even irrational! Not me at all.
ed on Oct, 12, 2012:
I am a 43 year old male. I had a shoulder in January and went to a pain management clinic in June and been taking Topamax since then. I understand how you feel especially when they upped my grams from 50 to 100 a day. My feelings got darker. I am currently trying to get off the medication. I hope all goes well with you.
From this study (2 years ago):
Tim J on Jul, 10, 2011:
I took this drug and it killed 40 percent of my achilles tendon.
George P on May, 7, 2012:
I developed torticollis soon after starting abilify. At the same time, I developed pain in my left side. An MRI revealed 4 ruptured disks in my spine, a known cause of torticollis.
Conclusion: I have no idea (neither, it seems, do the doctors). But I found abilify very effective for its purpose.
From this study (5 years ago):
Fluoxetine has always worked well for my depression. Since starting on Niacin three weeks ago, I have been more irritable and sad.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Prozac, Irritability
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Lorazepam nearly killed me during cancer treatment
Day 31 of cold turkey and I want to die. It is a roller coaster from body tics and sweats to rage and crying in one day. I felt so good the 4h day of c/t. It was like before my cancer diagnosis. My bowels are better off Lorazepam. I threw up during bowel movements from the pain. Off Lorazepam first ...
- Yaz was the cause of increasing my pmdd, pms, irritability and depression symptoms
I had taken Ortho Novum 777 from the age of 18 to 28 stopping in-between pregnancies. I had 3 children between the ages of 21 and 29.
In my early 30's I decided to stop taking birth control pills simply because I 'thought' it would be a healthier thing to do for my body. I did know that unless I ...
- Prescribed drugs side effect
I have been on these 2 drugs (Gabapentin and Baclofen) prescribed by my gp for osteoarthritis and nerve damage in my full back.Now also suffering from the grief of losing my beloved companion Harvey (dog),I was diagnosed with deep depression. I was given fluoxetine and have been taking this for alm ...
More reviews for: Prozac, Irritability
On eHealthMe, Prozac (fluoxetine hydrochloride) is often used for depression. Find out below the conditions Prozac is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Prozac used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Melatonin for a 58-year old man who has Insomnia (26 minutes ago)
- Abilify, Topiramate, Cymbalta, Adderall 30 for a 30-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder, Mood Disorder, Chronic Depression, Depression (30 minutes ago)
- Sprintec, Escitalopram, Vyvanse, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 41-year old woman who has Birth Control, Sleeping Difficulty, ADD, Blood Pressure (42 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Inflammation and Wellbutrin
- Irbesartan and Platelet Count Decreased
- Pustular Psoriasis
- Pelvic Pain and Birth Control
- Vomiting and Blood Pressure
Recent user comments
- "Generally happens every couple of mnths has now moved ... " (44 minutes ago)
- "Edema of ankles and lower legs, blister-like or pimpl ... " (56 minutes ago)
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (8 hours ago)
- Blood Sugar Levels
- Essential Tremor
- Atrioventricular Conduction Time Shortened
- Lipodystrophy Congenital