Review: could Prozac cause Muscle twitching?
Summary: Muscle twitching is found among people who take Prozac, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Wellbutrin, and have Depression.
We study 39,047 people who have side effects while taking Prozac from FDA and social media. Among them, 208 have Muscle twitching. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle twitching and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Prozac and have Muscle twitching >>>
Prozac has active ingredients of fluoxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 42,344 Prozac users)
Muscle twitching has been reported by people with depression, pain, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 11,065 Muscle twitching patients)
On Feb, 26, 2015: 39,027 people reported to have side effects when taking Prozac. Among them, 208 people (0.53%) have Muscle Twitching.
Time on Prozac when people have Muscle twitching * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle twitching||24.39%||24.39%||2.44%||14.63%||19.51%||7.32%||7.32% |
Age of people who have Muscle twitching when taking Prozac * :
|Muscle twitching||1.23%||0.00%||9.26%||11.73%||19.75%||19.75%||24.69%||13.58% |
Severity of Muscle twitching when taking Prozac ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle twitching||28.57%||42.86%||21.43%||7.14% |
How people recovered from Muscle twitching ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscle twitching||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (62 people, 29.81%)
- Anxiety (21 people, 10.10%)
- Pain (13 people, 6.25%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (11 people, 5.29%)
- Back pain (9 people, 4.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Wellbutrin (26 people, 12.50%)
- Seroquel (25 people, 12.02%)
- Paxil (25 people, 12.02%)
- Effexor xr (22 people, 10.58%)
- Zoloft (22 people, 10.58%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of prozac and muscle twitching on
Do you have Muscle Twitching while taking Prozac?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Prozac and have Muscle Twitching
- support group for people who take Prozac
- support group for people who have Muscle Twitching
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Recent Prozac related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Sertraline, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Prozac, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Lexapro for a 69-year old man who has Depression, Anxiety, Panic Disorders
- Comparions of Prozac, Cymbalta for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Zyprexa, Lamictal, Lexapro, Prozac, Mirtazapine for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Suboxone, Adderall Xr 20, Prozac for a 33-year old woman who has Chronic Depression
- Comparions of Raspberry Ketone, Fluoxetine for a 26-year old woman who has Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.