Review: could Prozac cause Neck stiffness (Neck pain)?
Summary: Neck stiffness is found among people who take Prozac, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Ambien, and have Depression.
We study 39,060 people who have side effects while taking Prozac from FDA and social media. Among them, 474 have Neck stiffness. Find out below who they are, when they have Neck stiffness and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Prozac and have Neck stiffness >>>
Prozac has active ingredients of fluoxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 42,356 Prozac users)
Neck stiffness has been reported by people with osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 24,475 Neck stiffness patients)
On Mar, 31, 2015: 39,047 people reported to have side effects when taking Prozac. Among them, 474 people (1.21%) have Neck Stiffness.
Time on Prozac when people have Neck stiffness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Neck stiffness||5.36%||7.14%||7.14%||14.29%||50.00%||10.71%||5.36% |
Age of people who have Neck stiffness when taking Prozac * :
|Neck stiffness||0.00%||0.00%||2.20%||6.01%||8.42%||23.65%||34.87%||24.85% |
Severity of Neck stiffness when taking Prozac ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Neck stiffness||10.00%||40.00%||40.00%||10.00% |
How people recovered from Neck stiffness ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Neck stiffness||0.00%||12.50%||87.50% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (72 people, 15.19%)
- Pain (70 people, 14.77%)
- Anxiety (66 people, 13.92%)
- Osteoporosis (47 people, 9.92%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (46 people, 9.70%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ambien (172 people, 36.29%)
- Vicodin (153 people, 32.28%)
- Neurontin (142 people, 29.96%)
- Zometa (125 people, 26.37%)
- Vioxx (118 people, 24.89%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of prozac and neck stiffness on
Do you have Neck Stiffness while taking Prozac?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Prozac and have Neck Stiffness
- support group for people who take Prozac
- support group for people who have Neck Stiffness
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Fluoxetine, Adderall 30 for a 27-year old woman with Panic Disorder, Narcolepsy. The patient has Muscle Twitching, Migraine, Pain - Neck, Numbness In Hands Or Feet
- A study of side effects of Singulair for a 4-year old boy with Multiple Allergies. The patient has Neck Pain
- A study of side effects of Levaquin for a 49-year old woman with Respiratory Disorder. The patient has Neck Pain, Back Pain, Hypertensive Heart Disease, Rash Generalised, Skin Burning Sensation, Skin Sensitisation, Sun-induced Skin Changes - Keratosis, Short-term Memory Loss, Tendon Pain, Headache - Migraine With Aura, Neuropathy, Arterial Spasm
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrochlorothiazide, VYVANSE, WELLBUTRIN, PROZAC for a 45-year old woman with Blood Pressure, Add, Depression, Anxiety.
- A study of drug interactions between Atorvastatin Calcium, Lisinopril for a 63-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Neck Pain, Shoulder Pain
Recent Prozac related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Celexa, Effexor, Prozac, Zoloft for a 37-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Loestrin 24 Fe, Fluoxetine, Vyvanse for a 33-year old woman who has ADHD
- Comparions of Prazosin Hydrochloride, PROZAC, Sildenafil Citrate, Atorvastatin Calcium, Amlodipine Besylate for a 49-year old man who has Major Depression, Anxiety
- Comparions of Fluoxetine, Sertraline for a 46-year old man who has Panic Disorder
- Comparions of Abilify, Wellbutrin Xl, Prozac for a 33-year old man who has Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.