Review: could Prozac cause Nose bleeds (Nosebleed)?
Summary: Nose bleeds is found among people who take Prozac, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have Depression.
We study 39,047 people who have side effects while taking Prozac from FDA and social media. Among them, 219 have Nose bleeds. Find out below who they are, when they have Nose bleeds and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Prozac and have Nose bleeds >>>
Prozac has active ingredients of fluoxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 42,344 Prozac users)
Nose bleeds (bleeding from nose) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, acne, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 23,979 Nose bleeds patients)
On Mar, 17, 2015: 39,047 people reported to have side effects when taking Prozac. Among them, 219 people (0.56%) have Nose Bleeds.
Time on Prozac when people have Nose bleeds * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Nose bleeds||44.44%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||11.11%||11.11%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Nose bleeds when taking Prozac * :
|Nose bleeds||0.00%||0.55%||3.28%||5.46%||6.56%||26.23%||28.96%||28.96% |
Severity of Nose bleeds when taking Prozac ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Nose bleeds||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Nose bleeds ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Nose bleeds||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (20 people, 9.13%)
- Breast cancer (17 people, 7.76%)
- Pain (14 people, 6.39%)
- Oedema (13 people, 5.94%)
- Prostate cancer metastatic (10 people, 4.57%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lasix (51 people, 23.29%)
- Zometa (47 people, 21.46%)
- Aredia (38 people, 17.35%)
- Ambien (37 people, 16.89%)
- Prilosec (34 people, 15.53%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Nose Bleeds while taking Prozac?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Prozac and have Nose Bleeds
- support group for people who take Prozac
- support group for people who have Nose Bleeds
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Prozac for a 42-year old woman with Depression. The patient has Roaring In Right Ear Came On Suddenly Yesterday
- A study of drug interactions between Fluoxetine, Norvasc for a 76-year old woman with Depression, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Angina Unstable, Weight Loss, Numbness In Hands Or Feet
- A study of drug interactions between Probiotics, Multivitamin, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Diazepam, Oxytocin 5 Usp Units In Dextrose 5%, Levothyroxine Sodium, Breo Ellipta, Prozac for a 46-year old woman with Indigestion, Diffenncy, Difficiency, D Difficiency, Narcolepsy, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Pain, Thyroid Disorder, Copd, Depression. The patient has Narcolepsy, Stress At Work, Frequent Headaches, Chiari Malformation, Constipation, Diarrhea, Nausea, Pain - Joints, Forgetfulness, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fecal Leaking, Difficulty Breathing
- A study of side effects of Prozac for a 43-year old woman with Depression. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of side effects of Prozac for a 19-year old girl with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Tremor - Drug-induced (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body due to drug)
Recent Prozac related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Celexa, Prozac for a 41-year old man who has Stress And Anxiety
- Comparions of Sertraline, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Prozac, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Lexapro for a 69-year old man who has Depression, Anxiety, Panic Disorders
- Comparions of Prozac, Cymbalta for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Zyprexa, Lamictal, Lexapro, Prozac, Mirtazapine for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Suboxone, Adderall Xr 20, Prozac for a 33-year old woman who has Chronic Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.