Review: could Prozac cause Pda (Patent ductus arteriosus)?
Summary: Pda is found among people who take Prozac, especially for people who are male, 0-1 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Paxil, and have Depression.
We study 39,047 people who have side effects while taking Prozac from FDA and social media. Among them, 61 have Pda. Find out below who they are, when they have Pda and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Prozac and have Pda >>>
Prozac has active ingredients of fluoxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 42,344 Prozac users)
Pda (condition in which the ductus arteriosus does not close) has been reported by people with depression, stress and anxiety, hiv infection, nausea, birth control. (latest reports from 4,172 Pda patients)
On Mar, 28, 2015: 39,047 people reported to have side effects when taking Prozac. Among them, 61 people (0.16%) have Pda.
Time on Prozac when people have Pda * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Pda when taking Prozac * :
Severity of Pda when taking Prozac ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Pda ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (23 people, 37.70%)
- Anxiety (8 people, 13.11%)
- Hypothyroidism (7 people, 11.48%)
- Pregnancy (7 people, 11.48%)
- Fatigue (6 people, 9.84%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Paxil (37 people, 60.66%)
- Vitamin tab (17 people, 27.87%)
- Zoloft (13 people, 21.31%)
- Paxil cr (9 people, 14.75%)
- Iron (8 people, 13.11%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Prozac and pda on
Do you have Pda while taking Prozac?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Prozac and have Pda
- support group for people who take Prozac
- support group for people who have Pda
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Magnesium, Prozac, Biotin for a 44-year old woman with IgA Deficiency, Enzyme Supplementation, Pms, Hair Loss. The patient has Gas - Flatulence
- A study of side effects of Prozac for a 62-year old woman with Depression. The patient has Hearing Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Prozac, Wellbutrin for a 58-year old woman with Depression. The patient has Stools - Black Or Tarry
- A study of drug interactions between Prozac, Levothyroxine Sodium, Adderall Xr 30 for a 40-year old woman with Depression, Hypothyroidism, Add. The patient has Fatigue
- A study of side effects of Prozac for a 50-year old woman with PMS. The patient has Weight Gain, Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)
Recent Prozac related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.