Home > Prozac > Polycystic ovarian syndrome (pcos) > Prozac and Polycystic ovarian syndrome (pcos)
Review: could Prozac cause Polycystic ovarian syndrome (pcos) (Polycystic ovary disease)?
We study 38,931 people who have side effects while taking Prozac from FDA and social media. Among them, 13 have Polycystic ovarian syndrome (pcos). Find out below who they are, when they have Polycystic ovarian syndrome (pcos) and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Prozac and have Polycystic ovarian syndrome (pcos) >>>
Prozac (latest outcomes from 42,189 users) has active ingredients of fluoxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression.
Polycystic ovarian syndrome (pcos)
Polycystic ovarian syndrome (pcos) (cysts in the ovaries that occurs when the follicle stops developing) (latest reports from 6,054 patients) has been reported by people with birth control, acne, migraine, depression, epilepsy.
On Sep, 17, 2014: 38,885 people reported to have side effects when taking Prozac. Among them, 13 people (0.03%) have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (pcos).
Time on Prozac when people have Polycystic ovarian syndrome (pcos) * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Polycystic ovarian syndrome (pcos)||57.14%||0.00%||14.29%||14.29%||0.00%||0.00%||14.29% |
Age of people who have Polycystic ovarian syndrome (pcos) when taking Prozac * :
|Polycystic ovarian syndrome (pcos)||0.00%||0.00%||27.27%||18.18%||36.36%||0.00%||18.18%||0.00% |
Severity of Polycystic ovarian syndrome (pcos) when taking Prozac ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Polycystic ovarian syndrome (pcos)||33.33%||0.00%||66.67%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Polycystic ovarian syndrome (pcos) ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Polycystic ovarian syndrome (pcos)||50.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Anxiety (6 people, 46.15%)
- Depression (6 people, 46.15%)
- Antidepressant therapy (2 people, 15.38%)
- Pain (2 people, 15.38%)
- Bipolar disorder (2 people, 15.38%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zyprexa (5 people, 38.46%)
- Geodon (4 people, 30.77%)
- Zoloft (4 people, 30.77%)
- Effexor (3 people, 23.08%)
- Eucalyptus oil (3 people, 23.08%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (pcos) while taking Prozac?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Prozac and have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (pcos)
- support group for people who take Prozac
- support group for people who have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (pcos)
Comments from related studies:
From this study (5 years ago):
sometimes i wonder if all these just counter act eachother.. if my other health problems are induced due to all the meds.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Prozac, Polycystic ovarian syndrome (pcos)
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Lorazepam nearly killed me during cancer treatment
Day 31 of cold turkey and I want to die. It is a roller coaster from body tics and sweats to rage and crying in one day. I felt so good the 4h day of c/t. It was like before my cancer diagnosis. My bowels are better off Lorazepam. I threw up during bowel movements from the pain. Off Lorazepam first ...
- Prescribed drugs side effect
I have been on these 2 drugs (Gabapentin and Baclofen) prescribed by my gp for osteoarthritis and nerve damage in my full back.Now also suffering from the grief of losing my beloved companion Harvey (dog),I was diagnosed with deep depression. I was given fluoxetine and have been taking this for alm ...
- Patients having false positives while on remeron
I have had a few patients complain they are failing drug tests for Amphetamines while on remeron, and have claimed to have not used any type of Amphetamine or any (Mixed Salts). These patients are all or were on probation, parole, or under some stipulation. Iv realized most of these patients are tak ...
More reviews for: Prozac, Polycystic ovarian syndrome (pcos)
On eHealthMe, Prozac (fluoxetine hydrochloride) is often used for depression. Find out below the conditions Prozac is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Prozac used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Pravastatin Sodium for a 46-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides (16 minutes ago)
- Cryselle, Sertraline for a 19-year old girl who has Birth Control, Panic Attacks (16 minutes ago)
- Probiotic, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Magnesium Sulfate, B-12, Potassium Gluconate, Calcium, Zinc Sulfate, Fish Oil, Singulair, Wellbutrin, Adderall, Biotin, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 67-year old woman who has Digestion, Sleep Aid, Energy, Osteoporosis, Hair Loss, Heart, Asthma, Depression, HDD , Artery Blockage (25 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Cephalexin and Xarelto
- Tarceva and Blood Bilirubin Increased
- Ubiquinol and High Blood Pressure
- Lightheadedness - Dizzy and Norvasc
- Celexa and Enuresis
Recent user comments
- "I just wanted to know if ABX therapy with these drugs ... " (27 minutes ago)
- "I just started taking Atorvastatin 2 months ago and h ... " (40 minutes ago)
- "Went for a blood test on Aug. 2013 and the platlet co ... " (3 hours ago)
- Acute Pancreatitis
- Enterobius Vermicularis
- Study/meningoencephalitis Adenoviral