Home > Prozac > Sleepy > Prozac and Sleepy
Review: could Prozac cause Sleepy (Drowsiness)?
We study 38,931 people who have side effects while taking Prozac from FDA and social media. Among them, 959 have Sleepy. Find out below who they are, when they have Sleepy and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Prozac and have Sleepy >>>
Prozac (latest outcomes from 42,189 users) has active ingredients of fluoxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression.
Sleepy (latest reports from 494,737 patients) has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety.
On Oct, 22, 2014: 38,931 people reported to have side effects when taking Prozac. Among them, 959 people (2.46%) have Sleepy.
Time on Prozac when people have Sleepy * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Sleepy when taking Prozac * :
Severity of Sleepy when taking Prozac ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Sleepy ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (323 people, 33.68%)
- Pain (138 people, 14.39%)
- Bipolar disorder (91 people, 9.49%)
- Anxiety (71 people, 7.40%)
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (68 people, 7.09%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (135 people, 14.08%)
- Zyprexa (130 people, 13.56%)
- Seroquel (120 people, 12.51%)
- Ambien (116 people, 12.10%)
- Paxil (107 people, 11.16%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Sleepy while taking Prozac?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Prozac and have Sleepy
- group for people who take Prozac
- group for people who have Sleepy
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 months ago):
I'm scare nerves when I try new medication for high blood pressure
From this study (10 months ago):
use to take darvocet..........great on headaches.....took for 20 years....then removed from market.....so tired and weak that I have trouble getting up two steps to home.......blood levels ok....AC1 is 6..thyroid ok,
From this study (11 months ago):
I feel tired a lot and nap a lot. Sometimes I sleep so deeply that I don't here the alarm.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Laryngitis from depression?
I had a heart attack 3yrs ago, finding it hard to handle. Waiting for a complete knee replacement, also long history of back problems. Chronic pain. Diabetic on insulin.
- Can long term use of vicodin cause hallucinations?
My 87 yr Mom has taken copious amts of Vicodin for 25+ yrs for arthritis & surgery pain management. Recently, Mom said the "carpet bubbles up 3-4 ft & trips her". Are hallucinations like this a sign of serious drug abuse? Is Mom's life in danger of drug overdose?
- Can fever be caused by parkinson's disease
I have had 2 attacks which included: Intermittent Low Grade Fever, Hand Tremor, Hand Grasping , and Feelings Of Worthlessness. I have osteopenia and chronic liver cirrhosis.
More questions for: Prozac, Sleepy
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Gabapentin made me comatose
I took Neurontin, and then its generic, Neurontin, for about five years. It was prescribed for chronic pain. I found it ineffective, but kept being told it was a good drug, quite benign, and was probably benefiting me more than I realized. I did NOT realize that toward the end of the five-year pe ...
- Patients having false positives while on remeron
I have had a few patients complain they are failing drug tests for Amphetamines while on remeron, and have claimed to have not used any type of Amphetamine or any (Mixed Salts). These patients are all or were on probation, parole, or under some stipulation. Iv realized most of these patients are tak ...
- Profolol side effects-will not use again
It is slightly more than 24 hours since profolol alone was given to me for a colonoscopy and endoscopy. I woke up quickly but very sleepy and tired. Forced to get in wheelchair and leave asap. Slept when I got home all night. The next day was very disoriented, lightheaded when I sat up or got up and ...
More reviews for: Prozac, Sleepy
On eHealthMe, Prozac (fluoxetine hydrochloride) is often used for depression. Find out below the conditions Prozac is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Prozac used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Pravastatin Sodium for a 46-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides (16 minutes ago)
- Cryselle, Sertraline for a 19-year old girl who has Birth Control, Panic Attacks (16 minutes ago)
- Probiotic, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Magnesium Sulfate, B-12, Potassium Gluconate, Calcium, Zinc Sulfate, Fish Oil, Singulair, Wellbutrin, Adderall, Biotin, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 67-year old woman who has Digestion, Sleep Aid, Energy, Osteoporosis, Hair Loss, Heart, Asthma, Depression, HDD , Artery Blockage (25 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Cephalexin and Xarelto
- Tarceva and Blood Bilirubin Increased
- Ubiquinol and High Blood Pressure
- Lightheadedness - Dizzy and Norvasc
- Celexa and Enuresis
Recent user comments
- "I just wanted to know if ABX therapy with these drugs ... " (26 minutes ago)
- "I just started taking Atorvastatin 2 months ago and h ... " (40 minutes ago)
- "Went for a blood test on Aug. 2013 and the platlet co ... " (3 hours ago)
- Acute Pancreatitis
- Enterobius Vermicularis
- Study/meningoencephalitis Adenoviral