Review: could Prozac cause Stomach upset?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 3, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.2/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 38,623 people who take Prozac. Among them, 1,527 have Stomach upset. See who they are, when they have Stomach upset and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Prozac (latest outcomes from 41,953 users) has active ingredients of fluoxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression, stress and anxiety. Commonly reported side effects of Prozac include depression, nausea, nausea aggravated, depression aggravated, fatigue.
Stomach upset (latest reports from 848,832 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, pain relief by acupuncture, acupuncture and pain, type 2 diabetes.
On Mar, 3, 2014: 37,381 people reported to have side effects when taking Prozac. Among them, 1,527 people (4.08%) have Stomach Upset.
Time on Prozac when people have Stomach upset * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Stomach upset||22.41%||24.14%||3.45%||12.93%||18.97%||7.76%||10.34% |
Age of people who have Stomach upset when taking Prozac * :
|Stomach upset||0.14%||0.21%||3.68%||9.90%||11.46%||23.83%||24.82%||25.95% |
Severity of Stomach upset when taking Prozac ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Stomach upset||21.05%||47.37%||26.32%||5.26% |
How people recovered from Stomach upset ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Stomach upset||0.00%||28.57%||71.43% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (326 people, 21.35%)
- Pain (179 people, 11.72%)
- Anxiety (136 people, 8.91%)
- Hypertension (86 people, 5.63%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (75 people, 4.91%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (218 people, 14.28%)
- Ambien (209 people, 13.69%)
- Prilosec (187 people, 12.25%)
- Xanax (186 people, 12.18%)
- Neurontin (186 people, 12.18%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Prozac, Stomach upset
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Prozac (fluoxetine hydrochloride) is often used for depression. Find out below the conditions Prozac is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Prozac used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Prozac side effects from A to Z:
Browse Prozac drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 months ago):
Steady decline for four years, but extreme decline over two months leading me in to hospital
From this study (1 year ago):
Vomiting has occured weekly for two weeks since increasing dosage of Metformin to 375 mg. Before that bad gas was the only side effect. Other meds were no problem before.
From this study (1 year ago):
Was feeling ill with headache and stomach upset for several days, then drank about 4 mixed drinks and started vomiting violently and shaking and was losing consciousness, still dizzy and achy and nausea and confusion two days later.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Could prozac alter a iodine uptake?
I want to take prozac because I am very depressed but i have a test in 2 weeks with 5 milicuries or radio iodine as a follow up of a treatment i received a year ago. Could prozac interfere with this test? i dont want to mess up my results but i am really really depressed.
- Can you take raspberry ketones and fluoxetine together
Can you take fluoxetine and raspberry ketone together
- Do you think im gonna get my hair back
since I start taking prozaz I noticed my hair start falling out and getting thin
im scared ... do you think that if is stop the pill my hair will stop falling and im gonna get new hair back?
sooo stressed and sad
More questions for: Prozac, Stomach upset
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Prozac and palpitations
I did well on Prozac and by 2 weeks noticed a better attitude. After a month, very little depression, had positive attitude, and my anxiety wasn't affected. Sleep was approx. 6 hrs a night with Ambien. However, I began to notice palpitations/ fibrilations that would last for 20 to 30 seconds and una ...
- Buspirone and biotin
I took only 1 10,000Mcg biotin capsule and 1 buspirone (sorry to not have dosage) at roughly the sAme time (aprx 2pm).later that night, I felt severe anxiety and a giant ” knot” in my chest causing difficulty breathing. Few hours passed then I began to feel a sharp throbbing pain in left side an ...
- Hypercalcemia during use of fluconizole over 6 months
Post diverticulitis surgery multiple my mother was on multiple antibiotics but the most consistent one was Fluconizole. After release, she was slowly taken off other antibiotics being left on Fluconizole for abscesses that would not go away and eventually needed to be surgically removed. After rep ...
More reviews for: Prozac, Stomach upset
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Ambien, Plaquenil, Percocet, Phenergan, Testosterone, Synthroid, Fludrocortisone Acetate, Hydrocortisone Acetate, Prozac, Klonopin, Stavzor, Nadolol, Fentanyl-25, Percocet for a patient with Insomnia, Lupus, Severe Pain For Lupus And Ra, Vomiting Projectile, Shots Bi-weekly For Low T, Low Thyroid, Ace Levels, Adrenal Mass, Depression, Restless Leg Syndrome, Migraine, Chronic Pain, Pain. The patient has Lethargy (Fatigue), Muscle Weakness (Weakness), Lack Of Satiety, Salt Craving, Dizzy And Faint, High Blood Sugar (Hyperglycemia), Ace Levels, Blood Cortisol Abnormal, Blood Pressure (Blood Pressure Management), Weight Loss, Fatigue, Loss Of Libido, Loss Of Appetite (Appetite - decreased), Blood Pressure (Blood Pressure Management), Energy Increased, Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin Hydrochloride, Fluoxetine Hydrochloride, Orsythia for a patient with Weight Loss, Autism, Menstruation Irregular. The patient has Vomiting (Nausea and vomiting)
- A study of drug interactions between Prozac, Concerta, Xanax, Benadryl, Caffeine, Magnesium, Calcium, Vitamin C, Alcohol for a patient with Depression, Add, Anxiety, Allergies, Weight Loss, Enzyme Supplementation, N-a-g. The patient has Vomiting (Nausea and vomiting)
More related studies for: Prozac, Stomach upset
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.