Review: could Prozac cause Sweating - excessive (Hyperhidrosis)?
Summary: Sweating - excessive is found among people who take Prozac, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Neurontin, and have Depression.
We study 39,060 people who have side effects while taking Prozac from FDA and social media. Among them, 666 have Sweating - excessive. Find out below who they are, when they have Sweating - excessive and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Prozac and have Sweating - excessive >>>
Prozac has active ingredients of fluoxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 42,356 Prozac users)
Sweating - excessive
Sweating - excessive (abnormally increased sweating) has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 42,868 Sweating - excessive patients)
On Apr, 18, 2015: 39,060 people reported to have side effects when taking Prozac. Among them, 666 people (1.71%) have Sweating - Excessive.
Time on Prozac when people have Sweating - excessive * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sweating - excessive||32.43%||24.32%||8.11%||8.11%||12.16%||5.41%||9.46% |
Age of people who have Sweating - excessive when taking Prozac * :
|Sweating - excessive||0.00%||0.51%||5.97%||8.19%||16.04%||20.65%||30.03%||18.60% |
Severity of Sweating - excessive when taking Prozac ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sweating - excessive||0.00%||26.09%||52.17%||21.74% |
How people recovered from Sweating - excessive ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Sweating - excessive||0.00%||12.50%||87.50% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (196 people, 29.43%)
- Pain (104 people, 15.62%)
- Anxiety (76 people, 11.41%)
- Diabetes mellitus (26 people, 3.90%)
- Hypertension (26 people, 3.90%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (114 people, 17.12%)
- Oxycontin (102 people, 15.32%)
- Xanax (86 people, 12.91%)
- Klonopin (83 people, 12.46%)
- Vicodin (76 people, 11.41%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of prozac and sweating - excessive on
Do you have Sweating - Excessive while taking Prozac?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Prozac and have Sweating - Excessive
- support group for people who take Prozac
- support group for people who have Sweating - Excessive
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Fluoxetine, Adderall 30 for a 27-year old woman with Panic Disorder, Narcolepsy. The patient has Muscle Twitching, Migraine, Pain - Neck, Numbness In Hands Or Feet
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrochlorothiazide, VYVANSE, WELLBUTRIN, PROZAC for a 45-year old woman with Blood Pressure, Add, Depression, Anxiety.
- A study of drug interactions between Trazodone Hydrochloride, Valium, Cymbalta, Prozac for a 42-year old woman with Sleepy, Anxiety, Depression, Panic Disorder. The patient has Anhedonia, Depression
- A study of drug interactions between Bupropion Hydrochloride, Fluoxetine for a 31-year old man with Low Motivation, Depression.
- A study of drug interactions between B-12, Mucinex, Sudafed, Proair Hfa, Dulera, Zyrtec, Prednisone, Prozac for a 38-year old woman with Vitamin B Complex Deficiency, Allergic Sinusitis, Sinusitis, Asthma, Allergy, Sinusitis Acute, Depression. The patient has Accessory Nipples
Recent Prozac related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Prazosin Hydrochloride, PROZAC, Sildenafil Citrate, Atorvastatin Calcium, Amlodipine Besylate for a 49-year old man who has Major Depression, Anxiety
- Comparions of Fluoxetine, Sertraline for a 46-year old man who has Panic Disorder
- Comparions of Abilify, Wellbutrin Xl, Prozac for a 33-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Celexa, Prozac for a 41-year old man who has Stress And Anxiety
- Comparions of Sertraline, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Prozac, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Lexapro for a 69-year old man who has Depression, Anxiety, Panic Disorders
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.