Review: could Pseudoephedrine hydrochloride cause Agitation?
Summary: Agitation is reported only by a few people who take Pseudoephedrine hydrochloride.
We study 189 people who have side effects while taking Pseudoephedrine hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 4 have Agitation. Find out below who they are, when they have Agitation and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Pseudoephedrine hydrochloride and have Agitation >>>
Pseudoephedrine hydrochloride has active ingredients of pseudoephedrine hydrochloride. It is often used in nasal congestion. (latest outcomes from 680 Pseudoephedrine hydrochloride users)
Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, pain, stress and anxiety, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 54,741 Agitation patients)
On Feb, 23, 2015: 189 people reported to have side effects when taking Pseudoephedrine hydrochloride. Among them, 4 people (2.12%) have Agitation.
Time on Pseudoephedrine hydrochloride when people have Agitation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Agitation when taking Pseudoephedrine hydrochloride * :
Age of people who have Agitation when taking Pseudoephedrine hydrochloride * :
Severity of Agitation when taking Pseudoephedrine hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Agitation ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Nasal congestion (2 people, 50.00%)
- Migraine prophylaxis (2 people, 50.00%)
- Anxiety (2 people, 50.00%)
- Pain (1 people, 25.00%)
- Asthma aggravated (1 people, 25.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Extra strength tylenol - 500mg (1 people, 25.00%)
- Melatonin (1 people, 25.00%)
- Clemastine fumarate (1 people, 25.00%)
- Magnesium hydroxide (1 people, 25.00%)
- Prednisone (1 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of pseudoephedrine hydrochloride and agitation on
Do you have Agitation while taking Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Pseudoephedrine hydrochloride and have Agitation
- support group for people who take Pseudoephedrine hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Agitation
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Pristiq for a 55-year old man with Depression. The patient has Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement), Anxiety, Insomnia (sleeplessness)
- A study of drug interactions between Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride, Naproxen for a 31-year old woman with Stuffy Nose, Back Pain. The patient has Itching, Petechiae
- A study of drug interactions between Tamsulosin, Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride for a 73-year old man with BPH, Nasal Congestion. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Citrate, Fish Oil, Vitamin D, Mirtazapine, Remeron, Remeron Soltab, Tryptophan for a 35-year old man with Sleep Lack Of (ptsd), In Conjunction With Remeron/mirtazapine To Block/prevent Nightmares, Lack Of Strength, Balance Disorder, Living Will, Depression. The patient has Spasms Of The Hands Or Feet, Weight Gain, Anxiety Disorder, Agitation, Vulnerable To Suggestion, Piss/crap Self, Abdominal Pain Lower, Hyperactive Sight, Smell And Sound Sensory, Slow Response To Stimuli, Blurred Vision, Black Outs/time Loss, Dizziness, Fainting, Pulmonary Embolism, Pulmonary Hypertension, Nightmares, Depression, Depression Suicidal, Suicidal Ideation, Poisoning
- A study of drug interactions between Sudafed, Vitamin C for a 71-year old woman with Allergies, Osteoarthritis Generalised. The patient has Tremor, Productive Cough
Recent Pseudoephedrine hydrochloride related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.