Review: could Pulmicort cause Pneumonia?
Summary: Pneumonia is found among people who take Pulmicort, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Albuterol, and have Asthma.
We study 13,719 people who have side effects while taking Pulmicort from FDA and social media. Among them, 622 have Pneumonia. Find out below who they are, when they have Pneumonia and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Pulmicort and have Pneumonia >>>
Pulmicort has active ingredients of budesonide. It is often used in asthma. (latest outcomes from Pulmicort 13,918 users)
Pneumonia has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, multiple myeloma, osteoporosis.(latest reports from Pneumonia 122,474 patients)
On Nov, 26, 2014: 13,719 people reported to have side effects when taking Pulmicort. Among them, 622 people (4.53%) have Pneumonia.
Time on Pulmicort when people have Pneumonia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Pneumonia when taking Pulmicort * :
Age of people who have Pneumonia when taking Pulmicort * :
Severity of Pneumonia when taking Pulmicort ** :
How people recovered from Pneumonia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Asthma (130 people, 20.90%)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (72 people, 11.58%)
- Pneumonia (47 people, 7.56%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (43 people, 6.91%)
- Depression (37 people, 5.95%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Albuterol (165 people, 26.53%)
- Prednisone (122 people, 19.61%)
- Nexium (116 people, 18.65%)
- Aspirin (113 people, 18.17%)
- Atrovent (106 people, 17.04%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Pneumonia while taking Pulmicort?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Pulmicort and have Pneumonia
- support group for people who take Pulmicort
- support group for people who have Pneumonia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What is the current treatment for larangospasm?
(Asked by a 71 year old woman who has Osteoarthritis, Hypercholesterolemia, GERD, Larangospasm With Asthmatic Component, and takes Klonopin, Xanax, Celebrex, Zyrtec, Lipitor, Fluticasone Propionate, Budesonide , Xopenex, Prevacid, Lexapro)
For two years I have been fighting with larangospasm. I have been hospitalized twice and treated with prednisone as well as nebulizers with albuterol. I had botox injections into my vocal cords last July 2013 and have a straw hanging around my neck for straw breathing. The last "attack" lasted one ...
- How are you reacting taking budesinide, humira folic acid and evista along with methotrexate
(Asked by a 62 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, Collagenous Colitis And Carcinoma In Situ Of Breast, Redness Of Face, Flushing, Hives On Chest And Neck, and takes Methotrexate, Budesonide, Folic Acid, Humira, Evista)
I have just recently started taking budesonide for collagenous colitis. The hives and flushing started after being on this drug for three weeks. I am wondering if it is a drug interaction, since I did not have these symptoms before adding budesonide to my drug regimen.
- Does zithromax cause excessive sweating at night and headache
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Pneumonia, and takes Voltaren)
I had a terrible sweating after taking Zithromax. I felt as if half buckets of water were constantly poured on me. I was so scared of sleeping. In fact there was no dry space on my bed to sleep on since the entire bed was drenched. I have been drinking water since 4am to replace the lost water.
- Does long term use of entocort ec cause your adrenal glands to shut down and can the adrenal glands be restarted?
(Asked by a 63 year old man who has Crohn's, and takes Entocort Ec)
Long term use of Entocort EC has shut down my adrenal glands, can the adrenal gland be restarted?
- Stem cell treatment for radiation heart disease?
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has Radiation Exposure, Hodgkin's Disease, Breast Cancer Female, Heart Valve Calcification, Pleural Effusion, Pulmonary Fibrosis, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Pneumonia, and takes Synthroid, Singulair, Azithromycin)
I'm trying to find ways to improve my heart valve function, as surgical repair has a low prognosis. This is because the cardiac skeleton is calcified and that means there is nothing to sew replacement valves to.
Does anyone have info about use of stem cells for this? Thanks for any info.
More questions for: Pulmicort, Pneumonia
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Uceris and oral thrush
(Posted by a 38 year old man who has Oral Thrush, and takes Uceris)
Took Uceris for the last three weeks. Oral thrush set in after the first 10 days. I put up with it for two additional weeks taking prescription mouth wash and then finally was prescribed fluconazole orsl pill 200mg three days. I stoped taking Uceris and still have the oral thrush. How long can this ...
More reviews for: Pulmicort, Pneumonia
- A study of side effects of Pulmicort Flexhaler for a patient with Sinusitis. The patient has Migraine (headache)
Comments: I have had 2 sinus surgeries over the years. My first was at age 19. My 2nd was 3 years ago. I have been on pulmicort ever since. I am trying to wean myself off of it but am dealing with headaches. My doctor says my sinuses are clear. The pulmicort nasal spray makes me feel very emotional. I ...
- A study of side effects of Budesonide for a patient with Colitis Collagenous. The patient has Indocin
Comments: I was diagnosed in November 2010 with collagenous colitis - I was put on Entecort EC - 3 3mg tablets each morning. I could not afford, and still cannot afford this drug (over $2200 per month) I switched to Budesonide, 3 3mg tablets per day. It works good, but I also take indomethicin for inflammati ...
- A study of side effects of Pulmicort Flexhaler for a patient with Not Breathing. The patient has Loss Of Smell
Comments: I was using Pulmicort Flexhaler for 3 months and I started loosing my sense of smell and taste. These senses were replaced by an overwhelming sense of a taste/smell like almonds and brocholi. It perminates every breath. even water smells like it.
- A study of drug interactions between Neoral, Plaquenil, Rhinocort, Symbicort, Xyzal, Humira, Remicade, Lyrica, Calcium, Vitamin D, Omeprazole, Dipentum, Asacol, Pentasa, Escitalopram, Prednisone for a patient with Lupus, Allergic Sinusitis, Asthma, Ulcerative Colitis, Fibromyalgia, Osteopenia, Ulcer - Stomach, Depression. The patient has Autoimmune Disorder, Joint Warmth, Asthma, Colitis Ulcerative, Burning Sensation, Burning Eyes, Burning Feet Syndrome
Comments: I had Pan ulverative colitis since 2000. two years ago had bad pain in joints, back neck. and was diagnosed with fibromyalgia
this year the dr diagnosed me as lupus
he gave me neoral since 2 months and i am not getting any better
burning sensation in hands and feet all day and night
cant s ...
- A study of side effects of Entocort Ec for a patient with Colitis Collagenous. The patient has Heart Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing)
Comments: recently diagnosed with sinus trachycardia. Every day nauseus. Elevated white blood count, normaly low blood pressure, last taken 126/84 Have had problems with medications before- nsaids took two 8 hours apart in hospital tranfusion. Adverse reactions to all chlorestrol medications.
More related studies for: Pulmicort, Pneumonia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.